Korea Day 7: Food Hunt

Hi everyone!

Today's my last night in Seoul and I'm really really sad. I don't really wanna go home, not yet at least. I have so many things I wanna see and I haven't explored the places enough yet. I would have to do a lot of boring admin stuff before my flight tomorrow so I think today's post will be really short. Plus, I have some packing to do.








This was breakfast.

Today was spent with Fell and Bev's mum. First stop was waffles at 7gram at Shinchon. Of course Felly and I could not resist grabbing a Krispy Kreme on the way there. We had the basic waffle set and it came with coffee which was pretty alright. It was decent but it didn't really strike me as awesome. But, the waffles were so good. Warm and chewy waffles with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and powdered sugar. Yum! 

Needless to say, I needed ice cream right after. 














Next stop: Dongdaemun

Well Dongdaemun was quite an experience. It was pretty squeezy at the wholesale market (I think it's called the fashion mall?) so that wasn't too comfortable. Did grab a shirt or two from there though. The clothes they sell there end up being pretty much the same? but if you look hard and long enough you'll find something you like. 

We went over to the market place (I think) to grab some street food after that. Just so you know, the street food there was so good. You can watch the vendors cooking from where you sit, which was good for snapping photos. We had the pancake which was made from ground beans and beansprouts, and kimbap













Off we went to Insadong.

We took a cab to Insadong after that and wandered down the busy streets. I was there yesterday but we didn't really walk through the shopping streets. By then my feet were really beginning to hurt cuz my shoes were pretty much new and they were slightly narrow. But Insadong was worth the walk, definitely. There was a complex that sold loads of handmade stuff (I'm not sure what the complex is called) and there were some pretty neat stuff to check out. 

Headed for yet another snack stop at Osulloc for some green tea patbingsoo and green tea tiramisu cheesecake. Needless to say, the cheesecake was heavenly. I probably enjoyed that more than the patbingsoo haha. Bought quite a bit of tea from there too. They have a huge variation of blends so if you're a tea person, you would really want to check that place out.














Dinner was at Samcheongdong

Okay before I explain anything else about dinner, I'd like to draw attention to the group photo about 3 photos up. They were a group of Students from Kyung Hee University and they were doing some project. Apparently they had asked Felly and I to sing a sentence from a song and they wanted to take a video of us. I felt embarrassed but they were so nice. 

Did I mention? Koreans are really really nice people. 

Anyway, they gave us lollipops for being spontaneous so that's probably gonna be my candy for the plane ride home. Samcheongdong was pretty much a smallish area so there wasn't much to see. But there were pretty nice artwork on the walls to see. Clearly I couldn't resist taking photos.

Dinner was at this little alley, I forgot what the shop was called but ugh, dinner was so delicious. We had rabokki. Ours had beef and cheese and that was so so yummy. Apparently what we had wasn't exactly rabokki, but ddeobokki with ramen. I don't really know the diff but.. that's what dinner was and it was so so good. 






Loots of the day!

Yeap, I did get a few things today. Wasn't as much as I had planned (I had a few things left in mind) but it's okay. I bought the tops from Dongdaemun and the babydoll from Samcheongdong. The buys from Dongdaemun were relatively cheap but the dress was slightly more expensive even though it was on sale. But yeah, pretty happy with what I bought!

It's time to pack now so, I'll say goodbye and goodnight here! 



xx
Shayne




Comments