Korea Day 2: A Day in Hongdae

Hello everyone!

Day 2 in Korea and I'm still loving it. Weather was beautiful and breezy, though I think I got a tad bit sunburnt for some reason, my arms are all red haha. But still, wonderful day. I woke really early and chomped on a few treats I bought from the bakery across the street for breakfast and played a round of Don't Starve until Felly woke. Bev went to school today so it was just me and her today!




I think I'm getting the hang of it. 

I'll continue playing the game right after I finish this post because I'm itching to continue where I left off. I'm only at day 23 but that's pretty good for a first-thing-in-the-morning round, considering that I'm well alive and still going.

Felly and I didn't come up with a solid plan for the day, except that we wanted to go shopping. So she woke up a few hours after I did so when she finally woke I was feeling really hungry. Therefore, we decided to head out for lunch after we washed up and plan our day along the way.







Lunch at Shinchon~

First of all guys, let me just confess my ultimate love and addiction to vitamin water. The Daily-C version is slightly sweeter I think, I prefer the Glaceau ones that I'm used to drinking. I've drank at least two bottles a day so far on this trip. Not very smart but, I love it. 

We walked down from the apartment to the Shinchon area and took quite a while to actually find a food place that enticed us. Eventually we came across this little eatery called Bo Ssam Byeol Guk (I bet I spelt that wrong). Had the some boneless beef soup and kimchi soup as well. Everything was so yummy! It wasn't cold but something about having warm soup was really amazing. 

During lunch, we decided that we'd make a trip down to Hongdae (which was apparently just one stop away) and we ended up spending the entire day there. No regrets. 




Ice Cream is mandatory.

 You guys know what an ice cream monster I am. I got some milk ice cream with caramel and Felly got the mixed milk and chocolate ice cream with some honey comb thing. I never ever had an actual honey comb and I took a bit from Felly's cup, dear me it was so good. OM NOM NOM.










Hongdae, you're absolutely wonderful.

 I don't think I can capture how nice Hongdae looks. I don't know why I find it so awesome but I was happily snapping away while we were walking around. The shop keepers were pretty nice and that made my shopping time a whole lot more awesome. Stuff here isn't exactly cheep but they're pretty reasonable I guess? There are definitely stuff here and there that sit in the more expensive pool too.








We snacked too. So much. 

We were told to try this long waffle thing which was something unique to Hongdae. They came in Strawberry, Blueberry and Chocolate flavours and I really wanna try them all just for the sake of saying that I've tried it all. The shopkeeper who recommended it to us about it told me that he really loves the chocolate flavour so Felly and I shared one. The waffle itself was just a basic light waffle that was a little thinner with these little cookie bits, chocolate syrup and whipped cream. It was so yummy! 

Then a few hours later, after walking around, we stumbled upon Peony Cafe, which apparently has the most amazing strawberry cheesecake. We had wanted to go into the cafe itself but the queue to go in was crazy so we decided to have a take-away and sit somewhere. In attempt to not be the ultimate fatties that we are, we decided to share the strawberry shortcake. It was so light and yummy. Not overly sweet or dense. A really perfect cake. 










Met Tara and Bev for dinner! 

Had pretty wonderful Samgyupsal and got another honeycomb ice cream. The ice cream cup looked pretty but it was pretty much the same as the one I had in the afternoon. Let me talk about the Samgyupsal. We had three servings of pork and three servings of beef and it was all so good. Everything just tasted so amazing with the garlic and lettuce. I didn't really use the dipping sauces much but they were alright. 

In case you didn't know, I absolutely love Korean rice, but because of the binge Felly and I had, I had to survive on two spoons of rice. I don't regret it because I got to eat all the meat and that was just divine. If I'm making you guys hungry, I'm not sorry. But I'm definitely having thetime of my life right now apart from the fact that I feel the insane need to exercise.









Loots of the day!

I didn't buy too much. Apart from these I did pick up a few souvenirs too and I'm not gonna show them because I don't want my friends to see what I got them. I'm not done with souvenir shopping yet but I have more than half my trip left so no rush there.

Anyway, my star buy for the day was my new pair of Dr. Martens. I just love how it's soft leather so I didn't need to go through the pain of breaking them in, plus they went pretty well with my green parka so I changed to them after I bought them hehe.

Apart from that, I guess you can say I added more black to my overly-black wardrobe and I got cute socks. I don't know when I'd use the cat and Ariel ones but I'll find a day to use them eventually. They're so cute~



Well, that's all for today's post. I'll probably be sleeping in a bit since tomorrow's plans start at noon. We'll be meeting Tara at Edae tomorrow for lunch so that's going to be pretty exciting! Peace out~



xx
Shayne

Comments