Korea Day 4: Happy Birthday Tara!

Heyo!

Well, Felly and I didn't really do much today but we did drop by Myeongdong in the afternoon after having a comfy lunch at home~










Streets of Myeongdong~

I wasn't too thrilled by the stuff there, though they did sell a kazillion facial masks and beauty products there in bulk. The clothes weren't too much on the cheap side, unless you knew where to go. We were fortunate enough to stumble upon a few good steals! I still very much prefer Edae and Hongdae since everything is cheaper there and they aren't too tourist-y. 

We didn't stay too long there since nothing really caught our eyes and stuff weren't really budget-friendly (think MCM and American Apparel). It was a nice place to visit though, if you just wanted to experience the vibes and everything. But again, not my favourite.











Dinner in Hongdae~

I guess it's probably going to be a routine, but we keep going to Hongdae for dinner but yeah, no regrets there. I really enjoy going to Hongdae. Today's dinner place was Ho Bar and we had jjim bap and ju mok bap which was really really good. We did expect it to be really spicy but for some reason today's batch didn't give much heat. But it was delicious nonetheless. 













After dinner photos~

So yes, it's Tara's birthday today so we surprised her with little cupcakes (because Felly and I couldn't find a bakery) after dinner. On top of that, we had gigantic cotton candy and really tall ice cream which was pretty good. To add on to the fun, Felly decided to play one of those games at the stalls. Basically you pay for a few darts, you pop balloons and get a prize. If I'm not wrong you'll never leave empty handed but it's all about how big the prize is.















Buskers to end the night~

Caught a few of the musical acts but the crowds around them were pretty dense and I didn't really get nice shots (or any shots for most) of them. Caught a dance act that Tara apparently was aquainted with and they made her dance as well because it was her birthday, and because she dances well too. 

The last few photos were definitely one of my favourites so far. I'm being biased here because I really like tap dancers. I don't do tap dance but I think I'd like to learn it one day. Back to the point, we spotted a tap dancer and a cajon player at one of the busking spots and I was so happy to see them I wanted to cry (no seriously). They were really cool and the cajon player even posed for me while I took his photo hehe. 




Today's loots~

Didn't shop much today. Like I said, I didn't really find much in Myeongdong that I really liked. I got the top at a sale so a simple top like that seemed like quite a steal and the jeans were from Uniqlo. I know it's silly buying stuff from Uniqlo in Korea when they have Uniqlo in Singapore but somehow it's slightly cheaper in Korea so, why not? 


Well, that's all for today folks! Tomorrows plans seem pretty non existent for now so we're probably gonna wing it. Plus it's a Saturday so Felly and I get to spend a bit more quality time with Bev~ Alright, goodnight for today!



xx
Shayne

Comments