Korea Day 8: Back to Reality

Hi.

Well I'm back in sunny (well not really, the sun had set when I arrived) Singapore and I'm suffering from Korea-Withdrawal Syndrome. Plus I miss Bev already *cue sad whining*. So today's return journey went pretty alright I guess? Felly and I had planned to take the train down to the airport but we kinda gave up the moment we got out the front door because we (more of me) had too much stuff to carry and yeah, we gave up. So we took a cab.




That's pretty much what I did the whole ride. The driver had opened the windows so my hair was literally flying everywhere as you can tell from the photo I posted on twitter. Traffic was really goof to us as well so we were really blessed. If there was a jam, we would be in so much trouble. Anyway, we reached Incheon International Airport in less than an hour and it cost us about 47000won. 









After settling our random admin stuff, we checked in and straight away went for lunch because we were hungry. I really wanted to have galbijjim before I left korea but I didn't have enough money left with me so I went for a slightly cheaper option which was the Kimchi stew. I'm admitting that I could not afford my desired lunch guys, it's quite embarrassing. 

The food was alright though but I like kimchi stew in general so I was pretty much satisfied. We sat around at the eating area and then headed down to the gate to wait for our boarding time. 

Oh I should mention, the mints in the photo just above, are probably my new favourite. They're kinda strong-ish and they're powdery so that's pretty cool. They disintegrate as you pop them in your mouth. Just went off on a tangent there. 

Anyway, if you guys didn't know already, I have quite a strong liking for Korean Air. I didn't sleep much this flight so I did manage to atch a few movies. Enders game was pretty good, I'd watch it again. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit was pretty alright too but I don't know how much I'd want to see it again, but i probably wouldn't mind. I got the window seat this time so I got my comfy 'corner' to lean on hehe. 

If you also didn't know, I don't like airplane food. But when it comes to the bibimbap in Korean Air, I can't wait to eat it. I have yet to find out why, but either way, I thought I should show you guys what it looks like.



This is what you basically get.

The vege and meat.

warm rice

and the gochujang

So basically, what you do is mix the rice, veg and meat, and the gochujang together and then you enjoy. I usually skip the sesame oil but I felt like adding a little bit in today. I'd show you what the final product looks like but my photo didn't make it look appetising so, maybe not. 



Hi chummy, missing you loads already! 

Well yeap, that's all for this blogpost. I would have to sort out all my souvenirs and stuff tomorrow so it's gonna be pretty busy the moment I wake up. Plus I think I have some work to catch up with so yes, no more running away. No more "I'm on holiday so I should enjoy myself" or "I can always do that when I go back to Singapore". 

The trip was amazing while it lasted. The biggest thank you to Bev for everything, housing Felly and I, bringing us to eat and to awesome places too. I can't wait to see you when you drop by Singapore in September. Till then, I'll probably be seeing you on skype, chummy! Also, short shout out to Tara for bringing us around while Bev was in school and to Bev's mum for taking care of us as well.


xx
Shayne


Comments