Korea Day 6: SACHOOM

Hi everyone!

First of all, today was probably my favourite day. Started off a little later than planned and we were pretty much confused for quite a while, but we finally fixed the plan for the day. 

Best. Plan. Ever. 



















We caught Sachoom!

This was pretty much an impromptu plan, but we were so lucky that Ham Ssaem was nice enough to bring us to watch it! We met up with him at Insadong and made a walk through the drizzle (it was drizzling/raining all day) to the theatre. So, just a little about what we watched, Sachoom is a dance musical, it does't actually have any dialogue so it makes everything even more interesting. The audience interaction was so wonderful and I had the best time watching it. 






With the cast!

I haven't felt this happy all week so it was pretty much amazing. I felt really absorbed into the whole show and I haven't laughed so hard in a while too. Plus I have to say their costume change was crazy. It was really fast, Bev and I couldn't believe it. I'd definitely recommend it to all of you out there and I'd catch it again if I had the chance!















After the musical, Ham Ssaem brought us to walk a little around Insadong and we had Army Stew (Budae Jjigae) for dinner. It was pretty good and I was happy to see purple rice on the table again haha. But yeah it was really good, especially since it was so cold. NOM. 


















Stroll down Cheonggyechon stream after dinner. 

I felt pretty happy running around snapping these photos. Ham Ssaem shared some trivia with us as we went along. The last time I walked down this place was in poly year 1 when I went on a study trip, so this was much more relaxed and I could take my time. We pretty much walked for about an hour or two before we went our separate ways. 
















Last stop: Dog Cafe in Hapjeong 

Well this was meant to be our first stop of the day, but I'm glad it opens till late. If not, we wouldn't be able to have a trip here. Just so you know, it's my very first time at a dog cafe so I was pretty thrilled. I love big dogs so I stayed in that part of the cafe while Bev and Felly went to play with the smaller dogs from time to time. 

If you're wondering, there is a bit of a smell, but you get used to it. They don't sell food but they do have coffee, tea and milkshakes. They don't charge you for going in but you have to buy a drink. The dogs don't go near your drinks any way so you don't have to worry. You can buy treats from the counter and feed them to the dogs too!



My favourite dog: Beo Ri the Alaskan Malamute

He's probably bigger than me but I just wanted to play with him all evening. Unfortunately when we got there the dogs were all half asleep. Beo Ri was just lazing around and he didn't really respond much to treats and all. But he did let me take tons of photos with him so, I'm not complaining. I absolutely love big dogs. 

Well I didn't get to do shopping today so there aren't any loots to show you guys. Felly and I will be hanging out with Bev's mum tomorrow while Bev's in school so I'm pretty excited to see where we would be heading to! Hopefully I can do some more shopping since tomorrow would technically be my last day in Korea.

Well that ended on a pretty sad note. Anyway, that's all for today's post! Goodbye for now!



xx
Shayne





Comments