Korea Day 3: Wallet Damage in Edae.

Hello!

Today was a pretty eventful day~ Technically I had pretty bad wallet damage done today. When I say damage, I meant that its due to spending on impulse. I pretty much planned for the Dr Martens to be bought so that does not count. But yes, damage done, but no regrets. 














A few snaps from the streets~

Today's wallet damage was done at Edae, which is located near the Ewha Womens University. Met Tara at the station and the first thing we wanted to do was EAT! Before I show you photos of our wonderful lunch, I ought to tell you that Edae is pretty awesome but I really enjoy Hongdae a lot more because Edae is mainly for shopping. But that's my take on it. Hongdae seems to be very much more alive. Anyway.. 
















Lunch. Dessert. Tea.

Lunch was at some little food place called Noodle Kimbab. We shared a bowl of Ddeobokki, Felly had some cold noodles called Bibim Naengmyon which wasn't exactly as spicy as I anticipated but it was still pretty good. Tara and I both had the Kimchi Jjigae which was really really good! I don't know if you guys know this but the thing about Korean soups is that you can leave it out for so long but it still stays so warm, it's brilliant.

Of course we had ice cream right after. Ben had told me to have Baskin Robbins so I did. I basically love ice cream so much I think I'd be just as happy with any ice cream too. Then again, their blueberry cheesecake flavour is amazing. After ice cream we walked down the streets and did our shopping. Eventually we decided to have a tea/coffee break at Holly's Coffee which was pretty good too.





Caught this guy at Hongdae before Dinner.

 In case you thought I got the locations wrong, I didn't. The three of us headed back to Hongdae to meet Bev for dinner. I think the buskers mostly come to perform on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Being a Thursday, we were lucky to see a few of them. I liked this guy in particular. You can find him on Facebook and Twitter, give him some love because he's really awesome.







Dinner at Yu Ka Nye

This was so awesome. I don't know the exact name of this dish but you basically have vegetables, chicken (or other meats, depending on what the have on the menu), little rice cakes with lots of chili sauce/marinate and the restaurant staff cook it for you. You can add on rice (like we did) and cheese as well. I definitely recommend adding the cheese. It isn't very spicy, it pretty much a mild heat that compliments the dish so it was really enjoyable. 











Walk down the streets~

headed down the streets to Style Nanda. I've never actually checked out the online store and all that but it was pretty nice. It isn't cheap but they carry really nice pieces too. Apart from their own stuff they do carry slightly more popular brands like Jefferey Campbell and they did have the 3CE make up stands there as well. It was literally 3 floors for the entire place and the top floor even had a laundry service as well. That's pretty cool. 

Did I not mention the photobooth that lets you take FREE photos with your friends? It was really fun but you probably would have to queue for a bit and you can't take more than 4 shots at one time, or choose shots. Then again it was all in good fun. 










Patbingsoo for dessert!

I had wanted ice cream at first, but then again, we were in Korea and not having a bowl of Patbingsoo would be such a waste. I haven't had actual patbingsoo before so I guess my first experience with it was pretty darn good. This place we went to was also in Hongdae. Apparently Bev loves this place and I can see why. I had the green tea one but the Oreo one was so so so good. I wasn't too fond of the red bean stuff though, but it did go well with the green tea flavour. 









Caught a few more buskers and saw the cutest puppy ever!! We even managed to catch a short dance battle in action. Made me realise that I do miss dancing, but at the moment I guess I don't have much motivation to go back to it. I definitely would want to get back into it sooner or later. 








Loots of the day~

Well, I did buy more socks. I couldn't resist. I think you guys know why I had to buy the one with the little seal on it. If you don't, it's okay, you just need to follow me on instagram and twitter to put the pieces together.

Anyway, I just got the little belt cuz the buckle was kinda cute and I really needed something that would go well with the dress I bought yesterday. Apart from that, I've been looking for a pair of white casual shoes and I came across these faux leather loafers at the same store. It had a pretty solid steel toe so I was pretty much sold. They came in black too but I wasn't too fond of the white soles and black leather thing going on. Plus I needed white shoes. I may wear these tomorrow!

The shirt had a pretty funny background story, I had seen one in Hongdae the previous day but I gave it a miss because it was a little expensive. Today, I found it at a pretty reasonable price and in chiffon. I don't think you can understand how happy I was. The back of this shirt is everything. 


Before I end this post, I think I should also mention that the cafes here are so pretty. I probably would go cafe hopping before I fly back if Felly and I find a free day. I did walk past this book cafe called Comma Cafe (or Cafe Comma) and it was absolutely beautiful. They had this wall of books in a big rustic looking cafe. Definitely need to give that place a visit. Tomorrow's itinerary isn't too confirmed but it may probably involve Dongdaemun in the day and possibly more of Hongdae in the evening. So now, it's goodnight for today! 



xx
Shayne



Comments