Miss Singapore Beauty Pageant 2017: Talent and Swimwear Showcase

Hello Everyone! 

It's that time of the year, when the Miss Singapore Crown is up for grabs! I've been blessed to cover the Miss Singapore events once again and it feels great to be back! On Saturday, the finalists gathered at OneKM Mall to show off their talents and strut their stuff! I always enjoyed attending the talent segment and the fashion and swimwear showcases. 



As everyone prepares~



And we begin!

I think I'm going to reserve my comments as I'd like to try and remain unbiased for AS LONG as possible. If you watched my insta stories that day, I think I did give away my faves a little early! I did get very excited this year because there were so many exciting acts. I'd say there might be a tough fight this year. My mum had sat in with me and I'd say she was pretty excited as well.

So, let's meet the contestants for Miss Singapore 2017!



Contestant No. 1 Katelyn Tey

I definitely remember her saying that she had to rush off to an exam right after the talent segment. That's dedication (for both things) right there, and that is crazy. I hope your exam went well Katelyn! 



Contestant No. 2 Jade Lee



Contestant No. 3 Amelina



Contestant No. 4 Christina Cai



Contestant No. 5 Melissa Ong




Contestant No. 6 Veronica Wu



Contestant No. 7 Kate Lim 



Contestant No. 8 Amanda Li



Contestant No. 10 Crystal Lim



Contestant No. 11 Elva Xiao



Contestant No. 12 Tricia Koh



Contestant No. 13 Honey Tian



Contestant No. 14 Shannon Goh



Contestant No. 15 Jeanette Kang



Contestant No. 16 Queenie Sia



Contestant No. 18 Jessy Lee


Contestant No. 19 Katherine See

Don't worry everyone, you WILL get to watch snippets of their performances on Thursday's vlog, so just keep your eyes peeled for that! 

I think ERM decided to do something a little different this year, apart from the talent segment and the fashion showcases, this year we had two of the contestants demonstrate some first aid. Not going to lie, it really freaks me out, to think that someone's life is in your hands? These ladies were brave (I'm assuming all of them would have done a crash course prior to Saturday's demonstration), I'm proud of them!

So we have Kate and Elva leading the demonstrations!




I would have screwed that up COMPLETELY. 

So, well done ladies. Well done.


1
Just before the bikini segment! Dresses by Treslovechic.



Apparently, I seemed to have not documented the other contestants looking for a member of the public and having a bandage done for them. Either way, it was quite interesting to watch because we all thought the contestants had to do the bandage on their 'friend', but it was the other way around.

Now, for what most of the world has been waiting for: The Swimwear Showcase. Swimwear was provided by Inner Desire and shoes by Design and Comfort










Literally JUST realised she had the sash on the wrist.






Yes, soak it all in. 

I think this showcase definitely attracted a lot of attention in the mall so I suppose that's great for publicity as well! The ladies looked great and the swimwear looked fabulous (I want one now). As I said earlier, there will be more in the vlog so just wait for that! 

Our top 4 for the Talent Segment!

Left to Right: Honey, Queenie, Amanda and Christina. Congratulations, ladies! 


YAYYYYY!!!!

Look at Walter's happy face.

I think now would be a good time to let you guys know about the upcoming events! There will be an event at East Coast Park this Saturday where the ladies prepare to do first aid (and I hopefully get to catch these moments) and their carwash event in early August! So if you're up for some fun in the sun, come on down to join us! I will be releasing more information prior to the events on social media so keep your eyes peeled and follow me on instagram~~ 

Then agian, if you are too shy or hate the sun like me, you can follow me on intagram anyway because I will be spamming everyone with insta stories and I will go live for a bit on loops live, so download loops and follow me (@chinaphilidoll)! 

I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost and that you've enjoyed meeting this year's finalists! I'm looking forward to the upcoming events and I hope you guys are too! Till my next blogpost! 


xx
Shayne