Tokyo Luxe

Hi everyone! 

So now that my holiday in Korea is over, I ought to get back into my regular posts. I was very fortunate to be a part of a reality makeover series by Tokyo Luxe. It was a pretty cool experience. I got to meet a celebrity make up artist from Japan and I learnt quite a bit from him too. Of course, I got my hair and make up done by him as well.



If you liked what you saw, you can catch the other episodes on Raven's website. Also, if you did watch my episode all the way to the end, you would have noticed the massive basket of make up I won. So that's what this post is about.. I'm going to swatch/try (most of) these for you guys!



This is basically everything. 

Yanagi San (the make up artist) used a few of these products when he did my make up. You would be able to spot them on the make up table in the show I think. All these products are Japanese (as far as I know) and basically everything on the packaging is in Japanese and clearly I can't read Japanese. 



Ajinomoto Amino Vital 

Honestly this was the strangest thing that came in the hamper/basket/package. I presume that this is supposed to be some energy drink thing? I opened one up anyway and instead of seeing white powder as I had anticipated, I saw tiny yellow crumbs instead. The crumbs smelt sort of zesty but didn't have much citrus taste. They don't fizz up much in water either so I guess I was slightly underwhelmed? Or maybe I expected something to blow my mind haha. I guess this is not my thing?



Make It & Co. Products

MIC Premium Night Cream

Well first of all, I don't usually like to use night or day creams because my skin tends to get oily through the day so there's not much point to add on more oil/moisture? But I did try these on the back of my hand for fun. Also because I'd like to tell you guys a little more about the product from my own point of view. 

Anyway, this cream probably smelt the best, it has hints of lavender and is a little sweet. It absorbed into the skin well, but you don't actually need a lot of this because it spreads out quite thinly. From the feel of it, it does give pretty good hydration. According to the information on this paper they provided for me, this product has anti-ageing properties.


MIC Premium Gel

This one also has anti-ageing properties. This cream (or rather, gel) had a stronger smell, a little bit of a dense but fresh scent. I can't really pinpoint the exact scent I detected though. It didn't absorb as well as the other cream and it did not spread as thinly? But once you work it into your skin the smell obviously diffuses a little and it's not as overwhelming.


MIC Hand Cream

I don't really know how to feel about this one. I'm not fond of the scent, smelt kinda paste-y? On the other hand, the formula was pretty good. Absorbed into my skin very nicely and it wasn't oily. my hands felt pretty soft even with a tiny dollop. 


MIC Wash Oil

Well this one is my favourite from the MIC products. It smells like a more subtle version of the premium gel. Yanagi San had used this when he did my make up during the episode to cleanse my face before he did my make up. It's a very gentle oil and the smell does not stuff up my nose so I really like that. It leaves my skin nice and soft and I do intend to fix this into my daily skin routine. 




KIRAAN! Products 

I couldn't find a website for these products, but I think they're endorsed by this Japanese group called AMIAYA. If I'm not wrong, these products celebrate the anime and manga culture in Japan. 



Metal Magic Liner in Pink Bird

This is the first product from the line. They come in quite a few colours too but I'm happy they gave me pink. Haha. I'm not adventurous with colours, especially on my eyes, but I think this would come in handy one day.

Its a normal liner with small glitter. I haven't tested its staying power, but it isn't hard to remove (with make up remover).




Eye Stick in Blue Moon

I personally like this product more than the glitter liner. I like looking at glittery things but I don't use them. This pencil is basically a liner, it applies on smoothly and you have that few seconds to blend it out as an eyeshadow (depends how you want to use it) just before it dries. Once it dries it stays on pretty well. It cleans off easily with make up remover as well. 

I'm not sure when I'd use this because the colour's really bright but, I'm sure I'll find the time sooner or later. I'd definitely find an opportunity to use this before the other liner.




Kose Super Clean Tissue

Well I guess this does what it does; absorb excess oil on your face. It has pretty good absorbing power but I'm not sure whether I like the paper-y texture of it? It does tend to get a little rough on the skin once it crumples, you won't get this problem if it's a film based product. It's a pretty thick piece of paper but it does tear and crumple of course. But it isn't as fragile as other paper based oil tissues so that's another  plus point for me. 






Fairy Drops Waterproof Platinum Mascara

I didn't actually test these on my eyelashes so I can't testify the actual 'waterproof-ness' of the product. But I can tell you it's a relatively buildable formula. It's not too thick when you first apply it, which is what I like in a mascara because you can adjust the effects of the mascara. 

The wand is a little strange. If you look at the last photo, the wand isn't your typical straight or curved wand with little bristles. This one looks like a spiky/hairy pea pod, and it's supposed to catch your lashes a lot better. I don't know if I'd want to be adventurous and give this a go anytime soon though. But if I do, I'll update you guys.



Hifuken Laminaze Products

Hifuken Laminaze Soap B

Firstly, I don't use bar soaps so I have to disappoint you guys and say that I can't give you a review on this just yet. Or until someone makes me open it and gets me started on using bar soaps instead of liquid ones.






Hifuken Laminaze UV Cream

This product probably doesn't work well with my skin because it's a little on the oily side. I might end up sweating this off since Singapore is crazy humid. It didn't set too well on my skin, it tookpretty long for it to blend in with my skin. It doesn't smell too bad though, but I don't really want scented things on my face. Anyway, this cream has SPF 30 and if you can see in the photo, it has a slightly pinkish undertone to it as well. 

Right now I wished that I swatched this before my Korea Trip because this would actually do me good. My skin actually began getting pretty dry when I was in Korea so something a little oilier would have been good for my daily make up. 



Evangelist Nobuto Products

These are from Yanagi San's own make up line. I liked these the most. He used these when he was doing my make up of course.




Evangelist BB Cream in #2

I haven't used a BB cream in a while. I've started using the Stila CC Cream and I'm not entirely fond of it so I put off the creams completely. I think my skin produces too much oil for any cream to stay put on it, basically. 

Going back on topic, this product was pretty alright. This has SPF 30 like the Laminaze UV Cream (I guess that's the basic SPF Nowadays). It was still a little oily but it stuck to my skin and it  took a while for it to set onto my skin but it's a lot more compatible with my skin than the UV Cream in my opinion. Also, this didn't have a smell to it so it's a plus (for me at least).  






Evangelist Glitter Loose Powder

I saved my favourite for last. This is a light glittery powder that sets very well on the BB cream. I love the shimmer on it but I don't think I'd use it often. Plus I'd like to save it for occasions because it's so pretty! This has SPF 22, if you're wondering. It does seem a little yellow and pale when you put it onto the puff applicator or your hand but once you blend it out it just looks really pretty. 

I was really excited about it while we were shooting so.. Needless to say, I was really happy when I found this in the gift package hehe.



With that, we've come to the end of the post. If you're interested in getting these products, you can head down to the various links I've posted in the post or visit the Tokyo Luxey online store! I hope you guys enjoyed this post! 



xx
Shayne



Comments