Mrs & Classic Mrs Singapore 2016: Charity Day @ Dignity Kitchen

Hello everyone!!

The Mrs Singapore & Classic Mrs Singapore 2016 pageant is still going on! Can you believe it's almost been a month and the grand finals will be in less than two weeks?! Went by pretty quick if you ask me! On Sunday, I joined the reigning queens and current contestants at their Charity Day at Dignity Kitchen!

The reigning queens and the contestants were going to be hawkers at the stalls, along with the current vendors, for the day in order to raise some funds! I wanted to buy a little something from every stall but apparently, my stomach doesn't have much room for 5 meals. 






Uhm. wow?

Reached there with an empty stomach!

I've personally never heard of Dignity Kitchen, but I sat in with the contestants during the briefing and it made me realise how fortunate I am to be living the life I live right now. Dignity Kitchen gives jobs to the disadvantaged and disabled. It's such a simple concept, but it makes a huge difference in many people's lives. It gives their employers hope and confidence, and it gives us a wake up call. 



"Hi ladies! Wave at me please!"



The man behind it all!



Yay! more people!


I quite liked these.

If I'm not mistaken, the drink stall vendor communicates with sign language, so you can order your drinks with the help of these pictures they put up for customers! The uncle himself was so cheerful heehee ^^





They were so enthusiastic, you literally cannot say no!




I'm a huge fan of dim sum.

I was so tempted to go back for more but I wanted to save my stomach for more goodies like the muffins/cookies as well as the mixed rice. I wanted to try the noodles too but goodness me that's way too much for for one day, no?




The old folks are here! ^^



I swear this aunty was so cute!

These old folks were from the Society for the Aged Sick, I've a soft spot for old people and happy old people are definitely my favourite haha. For those of you who know me, my mandarin is pretty rubbish and dialect; non existent, so I didn't interact with the old folks myself, but I wished I could? Without having an awkward silence because both parties did not understand each other of course.. 

The contestants spent a good few hours singing karoke, along with getting them some lunch and some chinwag. I really really had a great time! 








He's up on 'stage' with her again ^^

I like it when husbands openly show their support for their wives. Note that I said support, and not affection? I think it's great. 



I think we can all say that everyone had a good time? 

There was so much singing, and although most were in dialect, it was alright, it was all in good fun. I hope the old folks enjoyed themselves too. Its good to know that these elderly folk are in good hands too.




Someone else enjoyed himself a lot too. HUEHUE




Time for them to go home! 

The ladies were really fun loving and it was nice to watch them interact with the old folks and one another. It's also nice to see that they've come a long way together and have bonded as well. Nothing backstabby or bitchy or anything like that, which is something I really really like. Or maybe I watch too much TV and all the competitiveness is amplified. Either way, I'm glad these ladies support each other.


COOKIES!

Okay guys, I know I posted on snapchat that you can come find me to get these cookies, but no one did.. Or at least, I left the place before you guys reached (you know who you are and I'm sorry, I love you all hahaa) So I ended up eating them.. Just so you know, the peanut butter one would be so nice with warm milk :3




An our contestants take over!!!


OM NOM NOM #fatdieme

Well, I must say that I'm not a huge fan of chicken wings, but the ladies convinced me (very successfully) that these chicken wings were yummy and made with love. I felt a lot of love, for sure haha! Thank you ladies, I was very well fed that day!


DIM SUM. DIM SUM.

A final photo before I left!

I did take a few snackies back with me, got my dad two muffins and he said they were pretty good! I wanted to get the oreo ones but they sold out pretty fast?! I was sitting in the room for a bit sorting out a vlog and when I came out to get them I was like:

"WHERE THEY AT?! D':" 

But it's alright, it meant the sales were good! Thank you ERM Singapore for everything, as always!

I hope you guys enjoyed the blogpost as much as I've enjoyed spending my time with these wonderful ladies! Don't forget to hop on over to the vlog to watch more snippets of the event! I'm excited for the grand finals next week and hopefully you guys will be too!! Till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments