Mrs SG 2016 // Talent & Cooking Segments

Hello Everyone!

The Mrs Singapore & Classic Mrs Singapore pageant is underway and this weekend, I've attended both the Talent Segment and the Cooking Segments which were really really fun. I've never gone for any of these before and it was pretty interesting.

Its amazing what self confidence can do for someone and it's great to see these ladies take the stage despite it being their first time performing on stage (for some of them, at least). I'm proud of these ladies for over coming their initial stage frights and although some of them came across hiccups, they carried on with their performances which is always great!





The charismatic judges!

And our MC for the weekend!


The support from their families would mean the world to them, no?

I thought it was really sweet that the children were there to watch their mothers shine on stage, whether they knew what was actually going on or not. I just think that the support from the families would be so crucial for these ladies. Not because of popularity brownie points but because I believe that as a lady, no matter how independent you are, the tiniest bit of support from your loved ones could bring you so much further.

So let me just start with snaps from the Mrs Singapore category!




I should mention that her husband made an appearance towards the end! I didn't snap a photo but it's all up in the vlog! ;)











In case you're wondering, she played the violin and did a little magic trick to end her performance, which I thought was pretty unique!




One of my favourites! 


There were quite a few belly dancers this time!

I could be wrong but I never knew that belly dancing was so common? It could be a coincidence but I'm not complaining, I think these ladies did a great job. Also, quite a few of them prepared their item pretty last minute so I think it's great that they still went up on stage and put on a performance!

Now let's move on to the Classic Mrs Singapore contestants!





This one hit a soft spot for me

I do admire contemporary dancers, being contemporary trained, it was nice to see someone do contemporary dance and stand out as well. It was nice to watch!







I'm not being biased guys, my eyes were just captivated.

Not gonna lie, another one of my favourites. She looked like a really pretty egyptian butterfly.



Good lord, is she popular! 

She looks like a star up there, don't you think? It was almost like she was having a solo concert already! Her family was really really supportive it was so heartwarming.



And the results!!

Top 4!

Congratulations to the ladies who have made the top 4, you were all amazing and you did your families so proud, I'm sure of it! I can't wait to see them perform at the finals again!





Photos~

Well, that was all for day 1, it was really fun to watch, I definitely enjoyed myself. I didn't know what to expect because like I said, I've never been to the little events in between the press conference and the finals of the pageants so I was really happy to watch this!

So, moving on to Day 2 - the cooking segment, or as they call it, Battle of the Star Chefs. I didn't stay for the entire cooking event but I came in time to catch some footage for the vlog, talk to a few contestants and watch them present their food to the judges!



It was quite overwhelming when I first got there. Haha.










Let's talk about the food for a while..

The ladies are meant to come up with three dishes: Main, Dessert and a Drink.

For the main, they were required to make use of a pack of noodles that was given to them as well as a blender from mayer, which I heard was pretty awesome.


I thought these were one of the more unique ones for sure!






Adeline and I thought it would be fun to take ootd's in the mirror hehe

Check out her blog here








A view from above!

I had to leave early for a dinner appointment with the family so I thought I wouldn't get to see the results but it turns out I managed to catch it while I was on the way to the carpark! The view from the second floor ain't too bad, if I do say so myself! 

More photos getting snapped!

I know this was a relatively long blogpost, I somehow managed to squeeze quite a bit of footage into a short vlog, there were so many contestants but I wanted to at least get a small snippet of everyone in there at least! Do hop on over and watch it and give it a thumbs up and subscribe as well! 

Adeline and I will be at the Charity Day next weekend as well so I'm also excited for that! You can expect another blogpost and vlog as well so stay tuned on my social media! Also, if you guys happened to be at oneKM and snapped photos, do post them on social media (make sure you profiles are public!) and use the hashtag '#whynotmrssingapore'! For every post with that hashtag, $1 will be donated to the Society of the Aged Sick

I will be ending the blogpost here. I hope you guys enjoyed this one! Till my next blogpost! 



xx
Shayne 




Comments