Chong Qing Day 1: Hello from Chong Qing!

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all have had a great Christmas day! I'm currently in Chong Qing, China for the Fashion Asia Awards 2016! It's an absolute honor to be part of it and I'm just so so excited! I touched down in Chong Qing at about 11ish in the morning today and I was pretty tired because we met at the airport in Singapore at 5am.

Breakkie on the plane!

We flew by Silk Air this time, it was pretty alright, though I wished I was prepared for zero on board entertainment. I spent most of the 4hr plane right poking around on my tablet. The activities start tomorrow so today was mostly getting all of us settled into the hotel and whatnot. I should mention it's winter here so it is pretty cold, but you know what that means..

Layers and layer on layers!

So, I got myself some SIM cards for my phones so I could text my loved ones while I'm away~ I'm supposed to be back on the 31st near midnight so fingers crossed that my flight doesn't get delayed or anything. We hopped onto a bus that brought us to our hotel which was about an hour drive away, so I spent that time admiring the scenery and landscapes.




Our hotel was an hour's drive away from the airport!

And here we are!!

Whoop! 

So today was pretty much just filled with settling in and all that, so I didn't do much. The press conference is tomorrow after lunch so in the mean time, I should get ready for everything that's going to happen, since there will be so much going on!

A giant Christmas tree!


The view from the Lobby on the 28th floor!

Off to lunch!

Always well fed when I visit China! ^^

There's always so so much food! Which is great because we never have to worry about being short of food at all. The restaurant we were at for lunch and dinner today was just a short drive away from our hotel, it's called Xin Hua Cun! We'll behaving lunch tomorrow there as well~


The view from my room!



Little room tour!

I didn't want to do a full room tour today because my roomie was in and I didn't want to disturb her. Our room is pretty big and it is really comfortable. I'm sitting on the bed as I type away and I can't want to sleep tonight!

Also, the gems on my nails have decided to leave me.

 It's quite a bummer since I just got here and the little stones I've stuck on my nails started falling off and I can't get a hold of super glue anywhere for now.

Dinner time!


We were so full!

Headed to Hong Ya Dong for a little adventure!

It's just so pretty!!!

A little night shopping street!

It was pretty cold, in case you were wondering.

We decided to have a little walk by ourselves after dinner, we grabbed cabs down to Hong Ya Dong which was quite a sight! It was cold enough to see your own breath which fascinated me for a fair bit because I don't travel to places that cold very often!


Headed up to the food streets!





There was just endless food!!

Look at that view!




So so beautiful!

I'm glad I decided to tag along instead of just heading back to the hotel room! I know it would definitely affect the time I've got to prepare before the press conference tomorrow but hey, that's alright, it was really worth it!

Popped by Starbucks for a hot choco!

So just before we bid goodbye to Hong Ya Dong, we took a while to sit at Starbucks to just have a nice chat and to chill out!

I know today's blogpost didn't have much, but I'm very sure the next few days will have very very heavy ones so keep a lookout for that! I'll try to talk a little more in my vlogs as well, but that's if I'm not bothering anyone! ^^ I hope you guys are having a great Christmas, and I'll see you in my next blogpost!!

xx
Shayne

Comments