Gelish @ Milly's

Hey everyone!

So I have never got my nails done, let alone have gelish nails done. I've always painted them on my own at home and I had an obsession with buying so many nail polishes that I had an entire collection! I never thought I'd give gelish nails a go! They're known for being pricey and you've got to make another appointment just to get them removed, but really really long lasting.

However, since I will be heading to Chong Qing for the Fashion Asia Awards at the end of the month (I'm still mindblown by it), I thought I'd give myself the chance to get my nails done for the very first time!

My friend and I headed down to Milly's at Plaza Singapura, I must say I was pretty nervous because I didn't know what they needed to do and I was so alienated. The staff were pretty nice so I didn't feel too awkward! 


I was too busy to notice the camera.

So in case you're wondering, we had dragged a guys friend along with us because we had a meeting for our thesis film before that. Sorry for making you wait for ages, J! Haha you're a gem *ehemladiesehemheisehemsingleehem*. 


I had so much trouble deciding what to do.

There were SO MANY colours to choose from I was so overwhelmed. These were just a few out of many rings of colour samples it was crazy. I decided to opt for something a little more crazy since I was doing this for the first time. 


I also decided to give the Classic manicure a go instead of the express one.

 If I'm not wrong, the express manicures were supposed to cost about $20 and their classic manicures cost about $40-$50? Basically, what they do is clean your cuticles and shape your nails, which felt pretty nice, I was worried it was going to hurt or what not. I should start having more faith in people instead of being so skeptical all the time, right? HAHA


Getting the colours done!

I didn't want something too bright or boring so I got a pearly white polish that has tiny specs of blue iridescent shimmer on my 2nd, middle and little fingers and I also decided to get some iridescent paper shards (I don't know what these were called) on a nude base for my thumb and ring fingers, these were pretty pricey, costing $8 per finger. 

I was debating on getting them but ugh it was so pretty and I was already there and heck, it was supposed to last for a while so I thought, do it. 

Just do it. 


So I did it.

I watched as she snipped each individual piece! I kinda felt bad that she had to do all that work and I guess that's why it cost so much. The film/paper thingy couldn't have been cheap either. But oh goodness, I'm not even sure if I could bring myself to spend that amount of money on my nails ever again. 

 I felt so silly because the manicurist had to constantly remind me to pop my hand into the UV lamp and I kept getting fibres from the blanket I had on my lap onto the wet polish and she had to pick em out before she painted another layer. 

I'm not sure how many layers I did in total, but as you can see, the polish I chose wasn't too opaque, which I've come to terms with, I was a little miffed at first but she had already painted a fair few layers so it really isn't anyone's fault here. I think she did a pretty good job, don't you?


Not going to lie, I LOVE my nails.

I guess I'd wait for really big events to get my nails done, perhaps the next time would be my wedding. HAHA. I can't possibly spend $80 every month, especially when there isn't any occasion. Then again, I'd say this was a really fun experience and I'm glad I decided to get it done! 

I hope you enjoy my tiny little review, though I'm sure many people know what getting their nails done would feel like. I must say that gelish nails does feel kinda odd because it's 'soft' as compared to normal nail polish. Let's see how it all lasts! Till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments