Bangkok Day 1: Sawasdee Ka~

Hey everyone!!

So it's been AGES since I've travelled, perhaps over a year or so. It's also been over a few years since I've had a proper holiday with my parents so it's nice to finally be on an actual proper, proper holiday, though a very short one, but still great. We decided to make a short trip to Bangkok to get a few things done, one of them being me escaping from all responsibilities that uni has imposed on me. 


Had an early afternoon flight!

I really do not enjoy plane rides, as I might have mentioned before, but the last time I was on a plane, it was to Paris with SL and that was a really long flight. Of course, flying from Singapore to Bangkok was pretty quick, about 2hrs, so that was pretty stress-free. 


I must say, the flight really was quite pleasant.

The food was pretty alright, I didn't eat too much of the main course, I usually go straight for the bread roll and butter. They had some form of apple crumbly cake for the dessert which was pretty yummy as well. I loved that. Also, there's something about the orange juice on the Thai Airways, it's a lot yummier than your regular orange juices and I don't know why.


And we landed safely!

Managed to catch a little nap here and there on the plane as well so that was pretty great. I don't know why but I've been so darn sleepy the past few days it's really beginning to bug me a lot. 

Had a car waiting for us at the airport!

We got our individual SIM cards at the airport which is so convenient, it was like 300baht for 7 days unlimited data which is bleeding amazing, and there's free wifi at the hotel which makes me so so happy because I can't be doing these travelogue posts if there wasn't any good wifi around. 



A little room tour~

Our room has plenty of mirrors, I'm not even sure why. 

Called in for an extra bed so I made myself a nest as I always do.

OFF TO YAOWARAT FOR DINNER!~

Little bit like a chinatown? ^^

I haven't been to Bangkok in years so I'm barely familiar with anything, but my parents have been there recently and they've been eating at this place called Lek Rut Seafood and they apparently have really delicious fresh river prawns. I don't like seafood in general, I'm really picky, so my opinion is based on my mum's opinion because I didn't eat most of the dishes. They do have other food items which I would eat so of course, I enjoyed the meal myself!


I didn't try these but my parents insist that they're really good!

Really amazing Tom Yam soup.

My fave: Kang Kong.

Shellfish and prawns (which I didn't eat) alongside more delicious vege dishes.

Glass Noodles, probably something I might crave in future, it was SO GOOD!

Fried Squid, I'd say this was pretty good too!!

Oh goodness, it was so good.

Some birds nest and ginko nuts~ mmm

And another version where it was mixed with coconut water in a coconut!

If I'm not wrong, dinner came up to slightly over 2000baht which was pretty decent, considering the amount of food we had! 


Food din't sto at dinner, look at them fruits!!




Getting some fresh pomegranate juice!



And some fresh orange juice!

We nearly finished these by the time we got back to our hotel.



Got some cherries as well!

Incase you didn't realise, these were crazy massive.



Mum and dad shared this little dessert thing!


And then we wandered to Central World~


More markets!




It looked like they were having som sort of festival as well.




Of course, you know I'm a sucker for Chirstmas decorations!


Into the mall we went!

I don't know if I'm being ignorant, but forgive me if I am, but I was pretty surprised to see security at the entrance of the mall. I'm not complaining, I think that's pretty neat actually! So this particular mall was mostly filled with branded goods, and it may be that we had come at the right time but there were sales EVERYWHERE. I guess it didn't harm to look, right? 


Picked up this really cute pair of shorts at Yaowarat!

I'm gonna presume I could get more of these cheaper elsewhere, I got these at 129 baht and as I was wandering around the market area outside Central World, there were similar ones going at 100 baht. At least I just got one piece for now! They're super comfy, but a tad bit see through ):


Delicious cherries!

These were 650baht for 1kg which was quite an amazing deal, we didn't really need to think! Later on we passed another stall that sold the same cherries but we got offered 90baht for 1kg, my goodness the dude that sold it to us first was really giving us a bargain! He probably can't ever read this but thanks dude, I'm chomping on them as I type and they're so so good!


Of course, our precious juices.

I would miss the pomegranate juice when I go back to Singapore, I just know I would. I've just finished the last bottle of orange juice and there's literally no more juice left and I really want more pomegranate juice already. Yes, I know juice is just all sugar yada yada, but hey, are you gonna give me fresh pomegranate juice in Singapore? I doubt so. I can't wait to get more tomorrow, these bottles were just 40baht each, and they juice the fruits in front of you that's just so fun to watch!

So that pretty much concludes the very first night here in Bangkok, I hope you've enjoyed this blogpost, I'll be posting another one for day 2 soon! I will also be posting a collective vlog in the coming week so do look out for that! Till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments