Bangkok Day 2: Mall Hopping

Hey everyone!

Day 2 here in Bangkok and I must say, the weather has been most lovely! It's not dreadfully hot and the breeze is pretty nice too! I wore my cardigan all day and I guess you can tell that it wasn't anywhere near as hot as Singapore. I'm going to miss this weather for sure. 

A little ootd~

Started the day with breakfast at the lobby, which was pretty yummy. I had waited in line for an omelette but there was someone causing a ruckus and the poor chef (who I presume didn't really understand english) was so confused and he didn't know what to do. I'm just glad I got my omelette after all that, hopefully the poor guy isn't in trouble for not understanding that entitled person who was just so damn rude. 

Today's agenda was basically shopping. 

Just, shopping. 




Walked over to the Platinum fashion mall!




It's a pretty short walk from my hotel which is a good thing!

So there were about 5 floors of intense shopping at Platinum mall, I don't think I managed to comb through everything but I supposed I got as much as I could within the two to three hours that we've spent there. Not too many things caught my eye, if I'm honest, but there were things that got me very excited! Also, it was just so cheap there why did I even need to think, right?


I realised these little ice cream trucks/vans were everywhere.



So we had a few.

There were so many flavours to choose from and the popsicles were all so pretty that I couldn't decide on which one to have. I ended up going for a lime and mint one first, then a berry one when we left the mall. Mum and dad had gone for a coconut one at first (which I forgot to take a picture of...) and later on, they opted for tiramisu!


Sawasdee Ka!

Had beef noodles for lunch at a food court! Yum!







After lunch and some chilling at the hotel room we walked to Siam Square!





They were having a cute little festival/fair! ^^

I wished I knew what these were all about because they seemed to be everywhere, like little mini markets wherever we went to. 

This was Siam Square!

I'd say this was a little similar to our Bugis street in Singapore, but a lot better.






Yes of course, Ice cream time!

This time we got blueberry yogurt and vanilla (which might be my favourite)! I should mention that the white decorations taste like fondant, which you guys know, I LOVE.





A little bit or architecture!

 This place reminded me of SOTA just because each floor was pretty different and kinda overlapping. I quite like this mall actually, but honestly, there wasn't anything too much around there to buy.


Hello Kitty christmas tree?



Some decor outside Siam Paragon!


Before that, we hopped on over to Siam Centre!

I suppose that it was pretty much like any mall you would see in orchard, the shops were pretty similar, just that there were sales going on everywhere again! Didn't exactly buy much from here.

Hopped back into Siam Paragon for dinner!

Sharksfin soup, which I didn't eat.

Gooseweb, which I also didn't eat.

Fish Maw soup, which was pretty nice.

Vege which I LOVED.

Crab Claw Glass Noodles, of which I only cared about the noodles.

Fried mee sua, which I think I ate a good amount of!

The place we had dinner at was called Scala, and we decided to have dinner here because mum and dad were celebrating their anniversary, so why not have something a little more pricey, right? The service here was so good, the staff were so polite (as they are everywhere here) and they were very attentive as well.



Last stop, the night market!

Pretty trees!

 I'm not sure which night market this was, but it was near the Berkley Hotel.

These are chocolates?!

I've never had macadamia milk but oh goodness, I LOVE it!

We've been hunting for this, we finally found them!

This was a cool little place.

I don't know if you can see, but there's an area which you can sit above the actual store, I thought that was pretty cute. 

Did quite a bit of shopping here, so time for today's loot!

Let's start with what I got at Platinum:

New bag - 500baht

So my bucket back was becoming and absolute disgrace to the world, it was peeling and the strap was obviously going to break anytime so I thought it was high time I bought myself a new bag that Icansue when I travel. This one wasn't too big, if I'm honest and it may be a problem when I'm coming home becauseI can't bring too many things with me. But hey, 2 hour flight, may not need that many things, right?

More pom pom shorts - 100 baht each

I might have a slight obsession with these when I realised I could actually fit into them. They are very high wasited and sometimes the material doesn't fall very well against your skin but hey, 100baht each? I'm not complaining.

White crop top - 200baht

Not too sure why my camera decided to alter the lighting, could be that it was a white shirt on a white bedsheet. 

Midi dresses - 600baht each

So these were by a brand called Thongyoy, mum and I got two pieces each from them, two dresses for me and two jumpsuits for mum. They did have really lovely things! I'm not too sure if I love how the grey one looks on me, but I so love the navy blue one, it's so flowy!


Nude pumps - 1100baht

Glitter platforms - 1100baht

These two heels were probably the most expensive items I bought from Platinum mall. Honestly their quality was pretty darn good so I wasn't too upset about spending so much money on them. Plus they were very comfortable, which was important to me because I've such wonky feet. We did have to bargain to get that pricing though!


Sandals - 120baht each

These were like a breath of fresh air, solely (lol) because they were just so cheap compared to the heels that I bought from the previous shop. I love these, I even wore the black ones for the rest of the day. I think these are just perfect for walking around or if you are going to the beach or something. I will be carrying one of these in my bag in future in case my feet get tired in the shoes I'd be wearing or if something happened to them, which seems to be happening pretty often now.

That was all I got from the Platinum mall, so let's see what I got from Siam Centre and Siam Square!

Melissa Flats (Siam Centre) - 3190baht (before discount)

Now before you say anything about that price, there was a 50% sale going on so we thought, why not just grab a pair and see what the fuss is all about. I've been told that Melissa shoes were very very comfortable, and I need comfortable, so dad decided to get one pair for me! Thanks dad hehe.


Seashell Bag (Siam Square) - 500baht

I was hoping they would have the pearly white one, but it's alright, the fact that I found my seashell bag was pretty darn amazing already. No complains about the gold, I quite like it actually!


White Flower Crop Top (Siam Square) - 200baht

I'm convinced that my camera does this auto light thing for me. I need to get a hang of it. With that aside, I really liked the neck detail on this top, there were other designs with pink flowers or white flowers, but I thought the yellow one was a little more unique so I snatched that!

Leather Jacket - 1200baht

I know it's expensive, but I was in dire need of a new leather jacket, and this looked pretty good so I spent no time thinking and bought it, after some haggling of course. I think this was 1600baht before they gave us a discount. I can't wait to wear this on the plane home!

Lastly, let's see the loot from the night market!

Caps - 105baht each

I don't really know how but I fell in love with these. I don't know if I'd dare to wear this in Singapore but hey, I'm gonna try and see what happens.


Dresses

From left to right:
Velvet mini dress (shirt included) - 300baht
This came in a navy blue as well, which I had a hard time debating over because I love navy blue, but I guess the grey one was more unique and I needed more grey things (well...) so I picked that up. I don't know if it does suit me at all, I quite like it!

Floral Maxi Dress - 250baht
This was a complete disaaster, that price was just too good to be true, the dress was beautiful, the print was gorgeous but when you put it on, it just looked so horrible. It made you look a lot bigger than you were supposed to, almost pregnant, I might say, and that really sucked because I loved it so much. Too bad you can't try things on at the night market..

Printed Romper - 200baht
I was so happy I could actually fit into this romper, so many things are free sized here so I'm always worried about fitting in because my legs are pretty big. I liked the way this looked on me so I'm pretty excited!

And that is all I bought on Day 2! I may do a try-on haul for your guys on my youtube channel, I'm still thinking about it if I'm honest. We'll see how it goes, until then, I'll see you in my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne


Comments