Bangkok Day 3: Market Mazes

Hello Everyone!

Today was my last day in Thailand, which really really sucks, I'm in the midst of packing my luggage as I have to check out in the morning right after breakkie tomorrow at 10am! It's gonna be quite an early day so hopefully there won't be any hiccups aka the traffic.

Today's ootd!

Plus the kitty cap I bought at the night market yesterday!

So today's adventure brings us to Chatuchak, also known as the weekend market! I used to hate coming here as a kid because it was so warm and there were just too many people. Nothing has changed except I'm more than ready to brave the crowd this time. I kept wandering off by myself just because I was so excited by the endless shopping! 





The weather started off pretty harmless, then it became deathly hot for a bit.



Preetz!




Passion fruit juice is just amazing~~~~ 

I think this one was just with milk

This one had egg and cheese in it!


Some roasted Pork

And loads of pineapple!

So that was pretty much how lunch went down, my parents would grab random snacks and we'd nibble a little bit here and there. I had a little bit of everything, but I probably ate 70% of the pineapple because I had wandered off with the packet in my hand.

I should have bought more!!

 Sat here while waiting for my parents to pick up some fake flowers!

There was burnt coconut? Haha, I couldn't really taste the difference to be honest.



Not too sure what this was, but it definitely had coconut and it was soooo good! 

After we walked around until our legs were tired (and bags were bursting), we decided to call it a day and head back to the hotel just to sort a few things out. Also, mum and I managed to get a nice massage which was pretty darn good. I felt so relaxed after that and I smelt like a coconut from all the coconut oil they used!

To end the day, we headed back to the night market that we had walked to last night for dinner because there was so much food that we wanted to try but we were too full yesterday.

Phad Thai

Prawns which I did not eat~

Obviously, my parents were gonna enjoy a little more seafood so I decided to wander off by myself again to hunt for the food I had wanted to eat. There was this waffle hot dog thingy on a stick yesterday but somehow it wasn't anywhere to be found, so I gave up and looked for the next thing on my list.

FRIED CHICKEN

There were so many flavours to choose from, I wanted to try them all but since I was going to eat them alone I decided to just try one flavour which was Tom Yam. It was so yummy I wished I could eat more.. But my diet is way beyond gone so I'm glad I had that tiny ounce of self control. 


Came across this little stall and bought a bottle of Palm Juice and some Cashews to share with my parents hehe.

Then I found this..

And bought this.

Believe me when I say, this thing is insane. I tried sharing this with mum and we couldn't even finish half of it. Then again, it was just so so yummy and I'm glad I decided to get it anyway. Plus, it was just 80baht?! It's colossal.

Alright, now on to the fun part, the loot for the day! Of course, I didn't end up getting anything at the night market, so all of my shopping was done at chatuchak!

Souvenirs, for me friends back home ^^

Little trinkets

Dream Catcher Necklace - 150 baht
I had searched for so long for a white dream catcher necklace, everywhere had the blackones and the brown ones, which were pretty but I just really wanted a white one, so the moment I saw one, I bought it. Immediately. 

Hair Sticks - 120 baht each 
Mum and I have been looking for these, she has a pretty flower one, but I wanted something a little more simple!

Rocking Horse Necklace - 150 baht
Well, I just thought it was cute, I mean, it's a rocking UNICORN. 

Flower Hair Pin - 25 baht
I bought similar ones for my uni mates as well so we'd have something in common, plus, it's like Abigail's flower in Don't Starve which is such an iconic game for all 5 of us.

Flower Bracelet - 100 baht
Picked this up along with the hair sticks! I just thought it was really pretty! Not entirely sure when I'd wear it, if I'm honest!

Fan - 40 baht

I know what you're thinking, why would I buy a fan like that, right? Hahah, well honestly, I just felt sorry for the old uncle so I just bought one without thinking. Now I sort of wished I took the time to look through the colours that he had in his basket instead of just taking one and handing him the money.

Ah well, it's pretty cute either way, just kinda bulky.

Eye Patch/Mask - 100 Baht

I cannot wait to use this tonight and on the plane, there's some cooling gel thing that you can remove and chuck into the freezer and it's meant to just soothe your eyes.

Socks 6 for 100 Baht

I picked out the other 2 pairs for my cousins back in philippines, so these are mine. I love the one with the horses heeehee ^^

Glass Bowl - 120 baht

I was really surprised when I learnt that this was so cheap. I wanted to buy more but these are fragile and I'm having a hard time packing it into my lugguage now too. I've wrapped it in between clothes and hopefully it won't break!!! Can't wait to put my mini yankee candles in it ^^


Nighties - 220 baht each (I think)

I kind of wished they had prettier prints but hey, I guess you cna't be too picky with the makret stuff, right? They're surprisingly comfortable, but I don't know how they'll feel in Singapore because it's so humid there.

Jersey - 400 Baht

I think this one was quite an impulsive buy, not that I don't like it but I wished I haggled more for it. It was originally 450 baht but I asked for 400 and he was like okay. Hahaha. Been wanting this for a while too so, I just grabbed it.

Crochet Top - 200 Baht

I might regret getting this one, just because I don't think it looks too good on me, so if I do a try-on haul, I probably won't try this on (as well as yesterday's disaster dress HAHA). Also, a little pricey, methinks, as compared to the rest of the items I bought.

Tassle Shorts - 2 for 150 baht

These were an absolute STEAL. There were so many patterns to chose from and because I had quite a few of these already from the previous two days, I just decided to take the ones that looked the most different. I'm so so happy with these!

Maxi Dress - 490 Baht

Unlike yesterday's maxi dress that turned out to be extremely ill-fitting, this dress was just so beautiful. There were so many pattens to chose from, but it was a little pricey. I decided to get one because the girl had made these herself and I really loved this print, plus it was the only one in the shop with a peach necklining, the rest were mostly black, so this one stood out! It falls so nicely and I'm glad this was worth the money!

 Top - 120 baht

 I kinda got this on a whim, I'm not sure how I'm going to style this but I thought hey, this was pretty cute, why the heck not, right?

Baby Doll Dresses 180 baht each

So I got these from the same shop as the top, I had to get 3 pieces in order to get the special price, or else they would be about 20 baht more each, so I thought, why not jsut get three since everything was pretty? I'm not sure when I would wear these because they make me look like a pregnant mushroom (especially the grey one) but I love them very much!

That's all I have for today's haul and for this travelogue! I know it's a short one and I didn't exactly go to that many places. I wished I had the time to pop by the unicorn cafe like I've planned but our itinerary changed so we decided not to head down! Bangkok has been so fun and the people here have been really nice. I'm pretty bummed to be heading home tomorrow but I've responsibilities at home and I shouldn't keep running from them.

Belive me, I really want to, school has been so dreadful.

With that aside, I hope you guys have enjoyed my blogposts thus far and I hope you guys will look forward to the vlog and haul video (which I'm a tad bit nervous about). Till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments