Mrs. Singapore World 2015/2016 Grand Finals

Hello Everyone!

In case you didn't know, I was absolutely blessed to be invited by ERM Singapore as a guest blogger for the Mrs Singapore World pageant, you can read my blogpost about the press conference here. The grand finals were held on Friday and it was definitely a night to remember! They had a really cool gatsby/flapper theme going on and you know how much I love an opportunity to be as ridiculously glamorous as possible, so I went all out.




Literally could not contain myself. 

The entire event was held at one of the central ballrooms in RWS so that's pretty dapper already, no? The other two bloggers and I arrived early, partially because we wanted to snap more photos before everyone came, slightly shameless, but I'd gladly admit to it. 








I do love a good selfie. 

I could not stop taking selfies and photos of the previous winners, their gowns were to die for and they were all so gorgeous! Not to mention, their crowns are just so sparkly (inner magpie arising), I just really want one of my own! If you'd like to know how I got this look, you can view the tutorial here. Also, quick shoutout to my lash sponsor LaceLashes.sg for the beautiful falsies that completed my look for the night!




Just look at them and all their sparkly glory~









Literally my favourite thing from the goodie bag. 


Doors opened at 7pm!

I think another awesome thing was that the media table was literally next to the stage, so perfect for snapping photos (duh). One of the judges tables was placed next to us, I felt like a creeper just looking at them and admiring their gowns as well. So much sparkle!



FOOD.

Let me just mention, that I was RIDICULOUSLY hungry and I was freezing, so half the time my hands were all numb and I thought to myself, how on earth am I going to take photos with hands that I can't actually feel? But with that aside, somehow I managed to do my job so, pat on the back for myself right there. 



The lovely hosts~

I should mention, it took me quite a while to get over the fact that their clipboards were GLITTERY. I swear this event stuck to it's theme so much it's amazing.








The contestants first came out in the Ikewenna Body Shapers

If you don't find these sexy, I don't know what to say. I liked how this pageant did not include bikinis and whatnot, I just really liked that. If you'd like to know more about the body shapers, hop on over here.








They had some titles given out too!

My teacher won one (screams)!! She was contestant number 12 and the title she won was the fitness one. I definitely knew she'd win that one! I was so proud of her :') 

I wished I could remember the titles, but forgive me, I wasn't prepared for a load of titles to be given out. I do remember they had a 'pretty feet' title because that was pretty unusual (to me, at least) and they had the usual 'best smile', 'most photogenic', 'best personality' and all that. 




We also had more speeches, definitely!

First course!



The ladies then made their second appearance in casual wear! 

Well this one was something I thought was pretty interesting. I honestly felt slightly underwhelmed at this point because the body shapers were pretty awesome. Not to say that they weren't styled well here, but I thought their first appearance was a little more exciting. Or perhaps I've been spoilt by glamour that a sudden burst of casual wear was a little unexpected. Not that it was a bad thing though!


Then came course #2!


And we got to recognise the sponsors for the event!

I didn't even realise there were so many of them, I thought I should just lay them out for you!



The third dish has arrived!





The ladies made their third appearance!

I'd say this would be my favourite out of all the outfits they wore for the night. It's just something about a simple flowy white gown that makes everything so beautiful. They were also presenting skincare products by For/Get which you can check out here.

If you saw my snapchats, I think you'd agree that the music for this part of the pageant just really made everything perfect. I really really enjoyed this segment so much! 



Then came dish number 4! 

Can we take a moment to appreciate the impeccable support!?




Snaps form the talent segment!

I found this to be the most exciting segment, though it was only 4 of the ladies who got to perform, I just thought it was really refreshing to see these ladies perform like they did in their age! For real, these ladies are about 30ish or nearing 40 and they have the drive (and energy) to do things like this? I've mentioned before, they're mothers, and that's really really inspiring!

Mum, if you're reading this, which you most likely are, I think you should join next year's pageant.



Fifth Dish came out! 










Ladies and gentlemen, look at that smile on his face.


And then we bring the husbands out!

I thought this was really lovely. I texted W telling him that if we got married, I wanted to do this pageant just so that he could walk me up on stage. Haha. I just really thought it was amazing that the husbands were so sporting and that they love their wives this much to do this little thing with them, for them. 

One of the husbands even carried his wife back to their spot and I thought that was lovely! Unfortunately, the photo I snapped of that was blur so you'll have to imagine it. But I'll tell you this, it is as magical as you can imagine it to be.








More titles were given out!

6th Dish!




And here we have, the top 10. 

I must say, I was so happy to see my favourites all in the top 10! I could not stop smiling, and I'm sure their supporters were a million times more delighted than I was. It just got more and more exciting and it wasn't because of the food, which I should say, was really delicious!



With dessert, came the Q&A!






If I were a contestant, this would be my least favourite. 

I obviously talk a lot once I feel comfortable, and that's never a good thing. I felt the contestants answered their questions to their best ability and they did a fantastic job! You would not be able to tell if they were nervous at all because they were all confident and the stood so perfectly on stage, which again, is really amazing.








Then we had a little cabaret performance~




The runner-ups were crowned!

My favourites won a title each and that was pretty cool! They both won other titles as well and that really was so great for them. Once again, let's just take some time to appreciate their beauty, and crowns. Congratulations ladies! You must be really really proud of your achievements! ^^

Here's the line up:
  • 4th Runner Up: Contestant #12 - Vivian Rodrigues 
  • 3rd Runner Up: Contestant #18 - Elizabeth Lim
  • 2nd Runner Up: Contestant #2 - Karine Estelle Cheong 
  • 1st Runner Up: Contestant #5 - Diana Ong 




Last year's Mrs Singapore World taking a final catwalk! So lovely!


AND WE HAVE OUR NEW QUEEN!!!

Contestant #11: Meena Bennett! Congratulations!! (it really seems so underwhelming when you type it out, I swear) She was one of my favourites too and I'm really happy for her, no doubt! 



Doesn't this make your heart go all fuzzy??






I could not pass up a photo with my absolute fave hehe! 

Mind you, I waited quite a while for this photo, so I had to put it in the post!

A final photo for you guys!

I definitely had a great time, from getting ready for the event to the actual event itself. I had my heart racing with excitement and I had a good laugh and chin wag with the other bloggers. It was a night to remember, not only for me, but for so many other people. 

I know pageants aren't everyone's thing, and some people have a negative impression of it. I was always neutral, an slightly towards the positive end because everyone just looks so flawless all the time, but from this pageant, I'd say my perception has been changed for sure. 

These ladies aren't single they aren't the youngest, but they look fabulous and they have the drive to achieve what they have and it's something that I think is really inspiring. I hope you guys who're reading this do feel inspired to do something you've never done before as well. I definitely would start trying to go out of my own comfort zone, slow and steady. With that, I'll end this really really long blogpost! 

Thank you so much ERM Singapore for inviting me and making this whole event happen and for giving married women a chance to participate in such pageants! Also, thank you RWS for your hospitality and great food! I was so well fed! Till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments