2015 Favourites

Hello Everyone!

2015 is coming to an end and my my, has it been quite a wonderful year. This will be my final lifestyle blogpost of 2015 so the next time I'll see you guys here would be in 2016! It's been eventful, I've been so blessed with new friends and opportunities. I've definitely lost friends in the course of the year, but I believe that it's okay to let go of people who hold you down, especially when they do not have your best interest at heart.

With negativity aside, I'd like to thank everyone who has read this blog, be it new or old readers, because you guys have brought me to where I am in the bloggersphere today. I'm not a popular blogger, not gonna lie, but I've been given events and items to blog about so that does say something, doesn't it?

Anyway, without further ado, let me share my favourites of 2015!



Beauty/Make Up:

Roller Lash Mascara by Benefit

I don't know how many times I've talked about this mascara. I use this everyday religiously. I don't even bother much about eyeliner when I'm heading out for a simple day, I just do a few coats of this mascara. I've repurchased this twice and I'm finishing my second tube/bottle and I already have a new one on standby when this one runs out!

I will admit this mascara does take some time to get used to because of the two sided wand. I couldn't achieve the results I had when my my brow girl applied it for me, but after a few tries, I got the same curly lashes without the lash curler and I've never bothered much about other mascaras.


Dr. Mascara Fixer by Etude House

B got this for me when she came back in June. I was a little skeptical because I rarely use Korean beauty products, but I absolutely love this! I apply a thin coat of this after I'm done with my mascara and it keeps my mascara at bay for the entire day. I've also repurchased this because it does finish pretty fast, which is probably its only downside.

THANK YOU FOR THIS CHUMMEH! 


Amazonian Clay Volumising Powder in Black Brown by Tarte

First thing, a tiny bit of this powder, goes a very very long way. It did take me a while to get the hang of it, not gonna lie. It stays on very well and it also had a nice buildable colour, which is good because you can slowly work your way through your brows until it's the shade you want. I definitely have not hit pan on this one, I bought this quite a while ago so it's really worth my money! 

It's a lot more worth it than the eyebrow pencil I had from smashbox because I've gone through one of those in about 4-5 weeks and it isn't the cheapest too. Though the application does take a bit more time and practice, I'd say this brow powder does save me a lot of money.


Nails Inc Gel Effect Polish

From right to left: Primrose Hill Lane, Soho Place, Green Park Mews, Mayfair Lane

I believe that I got Soho Place for my 21st birthday, and I loved the formula very much. Obviously, I had to get a few more colours at Sephora when I got the chance. These don't chip and they last really long. Another great thing is that they dry really quickly and you can get away without putting a top coat on it. 

I've never got a gel manicure (or any sort of manicure) done in my life, I've always been doing my nails myself, so I can't say if this formula really does have the same effects as a gel manicure. But it's a really great formula and I've been neglecting my other nail polishes since I started using these.


Magic Marc'er Precision Pen Eyeliner in Blacquer by Marc Jacobs

This is another product that I've repurchased at least 3 times. I love everything about this eyeliner, it's a little pricey, but I am more than happy to spend the money on this. It lasts so long, it gets my liner on fleek, and its really easy to use. I realise I get a lot more use out of this as compared to the Stila liquid liners, I finished mine real quick but the Marc Jacobs one seems to last me a lot longer.



Leighton Lashes by Lace Lashes

Honestly, I think this would be a giant highlight in my beauty/make up life. I worked with Lace Lashes for a giveaway on my instagram and they've been so lovely to sponsor me three of their lashes. This set was the model we were giving away and the one I loved the most.

These lashes are super lightweight and I love how I can actually forget that I'm wearing falsies. I wouldn't wear falsies everyday because I don't like to look dolled up everyday. But if you do like looking dolled up everyday, but don't want crazy lashes going on, do give these a go because they look very natural and feel great!

You can see various tutorials I did with their lashes here:

Leighton Lashes:
- Collab Post
- Christmas 2015 GRWM

Holly Lashes:
Collab Post

Blake Lashes:
- Collab Post



Fashion:

Origin Shirt by ONKND

I do like a good plain white tee. I can't remember how I stumbled upon ONKND but I love their items and decided to get one for myself! I got myself a size M but I really should have got a size S because it was pretty big on me. But I rolled the sleeves up and it looks a lot better on me now. A pretty simple item of clothing, but the material's nice and soft which I really really like. I'm thinking of getting one of their black tees but I haven't really decided which one to get yet heehee.



Monique Dress in Grey by Tobi 

I believe I've talked about these in my Tobi Haul blogpost. This is probably one of my go-to dresses because it's just so comfortable and I look pretty decent in it without putting much effort. The material is a tad bit see through under lighting but other than that, it's a really great piece!


Jiena Heels in Black by Ted Baker

I got these for christmas from my parents and good lordy, these are the most comfortable pair of heels I own. I wore these to quite a few events already and I haven't had a blister or felt like I was going to die from aching feet. I've been loving Ted Baker in general for quite a while now but these heels brought my love for the brand to a whole new level. I would definitely want to get more shoes from Ted Baker in future just because they look so beautiful and they feel amazing. 


Activewear by Cotton:On Body 

I've had these for quite a while, probably over a year, but I recently purchased their new sport bras which are so pretty!! I do want to get my hands on their newer capri tights, which are what I've been using. I like the lengths of them and they are really comfortable.

I haven't seen any new tank tops that have caught my eye in their new range so far, but I've been eyeing quite a number of their sport bras, just because they are super pretty. I'm not very into bright colours, as most of you would know, but when it comes to work out clothes, I do like a pop of colour. I'd say Cotton:On's activewear range has pretty decent quality and they're so affordable. Not a pain to my wallet at all so I've no qualms buying an excessive amount at a time.



Technology:
Olympus Pen Lite E-PL7 in White

I bought this camera quite recently. I was on a hunt for a new camera that I could bring to blogging events and maybe, eventually start vlogging. I don't know about using this as an actual camera for making youtube videos even though it has a 30fps option. It's pretty basic as far as I know, so perhaps not. However, with that aside, I love the image quality of it. 

Most of my previous blogposts' photos have been taken with this camera and it's been really convenient. It's fairly easy to use and the screen flips down for a good selfie. I have yet to use the zoom lense but the prime has been good enough for me so far and I'm really happy with this camera. 


Don't Starve Pocket Edition

I've been too obsessed with this game, it's quite horrible. When Klei came out with the phone version. I went straight to the app store and bought it without thinking. I'm not the best at Don't Starve, but I really love playing it. I could spend the whole day playing it which obviously, is a problem. I've also purchased Don't Starve Together which I've played with my friends as well. I can't praise this game enough. I love the graphics, honestly I think that's what made me want to play it in the first place. 

I'll admit I haven't been using it very often because I've been playing it on my laptop a lot more. I haven't unlocked a lot of my characters yet and I've yet to find out if this eats up a lot of my data or if I can play it when my phone's on airplane mode too. If any of you play this and do know, let me know!  


Blossom Blast

Move over, Candy Crush, I've got a new game bae. Everyone has been obsessed with Candy Crush at one point in time, let's not lie about that. I stumbled across Blossom Blast when they were having those random advertisements when you complete a level. I love flowers, as most of you would know, so I did not think twice about downloading the game to give it a go. 

It's so so SO pretty! I don't even get mad when I lose a level because the flowers look so magical with the fairies and stuff. I love everything about this game, its a big obsession.


Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection

I got this for christmas this year from W. I've been a huge Potterhead forever and I was really devastated when the final Harry Potter film came out because I knew there wouldn't be any more Harry Potter films to look forward to. I got really emotional, and I still do when I watch the movies. It was a huge part of my childhood and I'm just looking forward to the new Harry Potter films!

With that being said, W got this for me this christmas and I went CRAZY. I can't remember where we saw it at first but W had to get this online because it disappeared from the store. These came with blu ray and dvd discs so I can watch it on my laptop and at his place. It has the extended versions and in-the-makings, so it really is something beyond magical.

Brb, I'd like to hug it while I type the rest of this blogpost.



Youtube:

So Zoella has been my absolute favourite and she probably kickstarted my youtube addiction. I can't remember when I started watching her videos exactly but it was somewhere in Poly, because I remembered scrolling through tumblr and I saw a fan photo of her and B told me about her and once I started watching, I just kept going and going.

I love her vlogmas videos too, they're definitely an annual fave to watch. They'd be the first videos I'd watch when I wake. She has 2 books out now which is really exciting! I've seen them on the shelves in Singpaore so that's even more awesome!

I also felt that it was so encouraging to see someone with anxiety put themselves out there, share their problems with everyone and encourage those who suffer from the same issues to face their demons. I'm facing my own as well, and Zoella's videos have helped me one way or another. She has grown so much and I may not have known about her form the very start, but I'm glad to be part of her multi-million fanbase.

Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MoreZoella
Blog: http://zoella.co.uk/


I've been watching her videos since she came into the youtube scene about a year or so ago, I love her videos on vegan recipes and all that. She isn't the reason why I've begun to eat less and less meat and dabble on the idea of turning vegan, but she does inspire me to be a lot healthier.

I'd say one of the things I love most about her channel is the series that she's been doing on her favourite stores, you guys should go check it out, she does lookbooks/outfits with the stuff that she's bought in the store and all that.

Blog: http://www.niomismart.com/


I stumbled upon her channel by accident sometime this year and I've probably gone through all her videos already. I just really like her angle in her videos, and I quite like her style too. It isn't really what I'd go for personally, because my body shape can't carry a similar style, but it still is really nice to see.

She did a video about last minute dresses recently (the on that I've linked) and that has to be my favourite video so far. Loved the idea behind it and the editing was great! It's a little different from what she usually does, but it was refreshing and nice to watch!



With that, I've come to the end of this blogpost. I've had a really good year in general, probably one of the best years career, friendship and relationship-wise. I can only hope 2016 brings more opportunities and positivity.

I don't really have a set of resolutions but I definitely want to be more positive and try to get over my own hurdles in life. I hope you guys have enjoyed this blogpost and that you have a great 2016! Till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments