Oatmeal Banana Muffins

Hi Everyone!

I think it's been a while since I've posted something. I had an off day today plus I was craving some yummy (but still healthy) treats so I decided to whip up some Oatmeal and Banana muffins! This was a recipe I found a long while back when I just started cooking, so I can't remember where I got it from, but that old recipe was using all purpose flour and I decided to swap that out with Oatmeal flour! 




INGREDIENTS:
2 Bananas - mashed
1 Egg
1 1/3 cups Oatmeal Flour
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3.4 teaspoon Baking Soda



I like to blitz up rolled oats in my blender to make my oatmeal flour, but you can always purchase it in stores! 


DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat your oven.
2. Whisk your egg and oil together then set aside. 


3. Mash up your banana in a bowl. I like to use a fork for this. 


4. Add in all the dry ingredients to the bowl and then mix it all up until it is well combined. 
5. Add in the oil and egg mixture and mix until well combined. 



6. Evenly divide the batter between your muffin tins/holders.
7. Pop them into the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until they turn golden brown or a toothpick comes out clean!



Can we just take a while to appreciate how cute my muffin cups are?! 

I bought the teacup ones at Cold Storage and they were pretty inexpensive! I think they also came in pink, but I love the white ones more! The crown ones were a gift, they actually came in a pack of 6 (two of each colou) and I just needed and excuse to use them. These are all silicone moulds so the actual muffin can be easily taken out from them once they are all baked! 

I hope you guys give this recipe a go and enjoy it as much as my family and I did! I will be doing a small collab with The Things We Cook very soon for some Back To School recipes so I'm really excited about that! Do keep a lookout for them really soon if you're looking for some healthy recipes to bring to school. Till my next blogpost! 


xx
Shayne

Comments