Back To School Recipes: Blueberry Cheesecake Squares | Sponsored

Hello Everyone! 

This is my third post for my collab with The Things We Cook! In case you didn't know, they've sent me a few recipes from their beautiful cookbook and I've decided to pick 5 of their recipes and put a slight personal twist to them! 




So this time we are going to do one of their personal favourites (and it has become one of mine), their Blueberry Cheesecake Squares! My mum and I absolutely adore cheesecake and this recipe can be changed up with any kind of cheesecake toppings you love! I would definitely be doing this recipe again in future because it is so easy and it's really delicious!



So that's the recipe, it's really simple!

It may be slightly more time consuming, and I'd recommend doing this when you have a few hours on your hands. You won't want to be rushing through this recipe! So I replaced my flour with oatmeal flour this time round. 



It's as simple as blitzing up the rolled oats until you get the nice flour!




Mix up all the ingredients for the crust/base. I would personally reduce the sugar the next time round, I prefer my crust to not be very sweet, but that's really up to you! So after mixing everything up well, just pour it into your pan! I'm pretty sure that my pan was too small because the crust was pretty high!

In case you're wondering, I replaced half of the butter quantity with olive oil because I was somehow short of butter. It wasn't my smartest idea, let me tell you. 



Yum, look at that! 

I monitored the crust as it was baking away. I'm also not sure why mine began to bubble quite a bit. It wasn't that much of an issue though. It could have been the olive oil though. The olive oil was my biggest mistake and I really urge you guys to not do what I did because you'll end up having this odd crust. 



ALSO, Don't do what I just did here.

I thought it would be nice to have a thin layer of my blueberry jam between the cheese and crust layer. It really was a bad idea because it made my (already failing) crust get soggy.

I did this while I was letting the crust cool jsut before I mixed up the cheese layer.




Adding one egg at a time to make sure it's well incorporated!

It may take a bit of a while to get these all mixed together but it's all worth it! I think this was the only thing in the recipe that I did justice to. I honestly still am pretty sad about how much 'damage' I did to my crust.



Fresh out of the oven! 

I plopped a few dollops of the blueberry jam and gave it a few swirls and it turned out pretty awesome so I'm really happy about that! I then put it back into the oven and hoped my crust would be saved. 



As you can see, it didn't really get saved. 

I had so much crust falling everywhere so I was really disheartened. On the bright side, it honestly tasted pretty damn good. Apart from the personal preference of having a little less sugar, I absolutley recommend this recipe to the dessert fanatics. My mum loves this so much and I know I definitely do!



Tada! 

I cut my squares pretty small so they were maybe twice or thrice the size of a regular bite sized piece. These keep in the refridgerator really well so you don't have to worry about keeping them. Of course, these would be gone really quick if you brought them for a potluck party! 

I hope you guys give this a go! I can't express how much I love this recipe (my favourite so far) and how pretty these look on camera! Do tag me and TTWC on instagram if you try these out! Till my next blogpost~


xx
Shayne

Comments