#GetReadyWithMe: 'Lingo Lingo Where You Go' Debut Screening

 Hello everyone! 

I'll be at NLB today with a whole load of wonderful people for the debut screening of 'Lingo Lingo Where You Go!' In case you're wondering, it's a featurette by Shawn Tan and is part of the SG50 celebrations! I'm pretty excited about this featurette because I got to work with a lot of local talents and it was just a pretty fun process in general.

If you wanna watch the trailer, click here. Moving on, that's not what this blogpost is about, so let's get to it!



 So these are the products I used today!

I didn't realise that I used so many but, trust me, it's not that complicated!



So of course, after my shower and blow drying my hair, I tied it up so that I'll have nice loose curls later on! 



 Primer: Bigger than BB Big Easy Foundation by Benefit in 04 (medium)

I think I mentioned this in my blog once before, I've onlys started using this for a few months and I usually alternate this with my Porefessional primer from Benefit. I decided to use this today because I thought I'd have something a little heavier on, since it's an event and stuff. 



 Concealer: Touche Eclat in 2 by YSL

I read somewhere that this is not meant to be an undereye concealer, but I use it anyway because it's pretty great. On some days (most days) I use this as a highlight because this has some radiance boost thing in the formula. I can't put too much under my eyes of course, but it somehow looks fine. Definitely not complaining about this one! 

Oh and I forgot to mention, this was a gift from W's mum so I'm not entirely sure about the other colours or how much it costs etc, and I haven't actually seen much people talk about this either. Then again, I quite like it!



 Eyeshadow Primer: Eyeshadow Primer Potion by Urban Decay in Original

Well, never using any other eyeshadow primer, I'm not even sure if I can finish this tube because I use the tiniest bit and it works magic! 




 Eyeshadow: Smudge Crayon in Smoke by Stila
Limited Eye Shadow Palatte 2013 in 01 by Anna Sui 

I rarely use my smudge crayons but when I do, I remember why I love them a lot. Smoke is my favourite colour, it's like a taupe-ish sort of shade and I love how these apply on so smoothly and dry really fast AND last for ages! Best part is, they come off so easily with make up remover. So basically, what I did was apply this all over my lid!

I used to use this Anna Sui palatte very often but I sort of got out of the eyeshadow habit so it's been chucked to the side for a while, but you can tell I've used it quite a bit. I don't have the individual names to the shades but I used the gold/bronze-y shade on the outer corners and blended it into the crease. I then used the lighter shade of gold (which was more of a cream consistency) at the inner corners. 




 Eyeliner: Aqua Liner by Smashbox

I don't know why this one doesn't have a name for the shade it comes in but this is basically a really dark brown shade. It dries matte and it stays on really well! I've started to venture into using brown eyeliner when I want a slightly softer look as compared to a black eyeliner. I want to try grey out but I think my skin is too yellow/orange for that to work~

For today's eyeliner, it was just a really basic one with a small wing at the end. Nothing too fancy!



 Waterlines: Highliner Gel Crayons in Blaquer and Obey-Ge by Marc Jacobs 

These are definitely a massive favourite. They don't bleed off my waterline and they apply on super smoothly! What I did was tightline my eyes with the black one and did a little line from the outer corners on the bottom waterline, then continued along the bottom waterline to the inner corners with the light pink to brighten my eyes up even more! 

I pretty much use these two products on my waterlines in every look because it's pretty subtle but it does a great job! Plus who doesn't love a good gel crayon?!



Mascara:Roller Lash by Benefit
Dr, Mascara Fixer by Etude House

When will I ever stop babbling about the Roller Lash Mascara? I don't know, but I cannot use any other mascara now without feeling like I should have used the roller lash instead. I can say that my eyelash curler has officially retired itself because of this wonderful mascara! 

If you guys know, I'm not one to buy korean make up products, though I know they're pretty great. B got this for me when she came back to Korea and guys, this is an amazing mascara fixer-stort-of thing. Not only does it add extra volume and helps to curl your lashes even more.

This product seals in your mascara. Even if I sweat or rub my eyes, the mascara doesn't bleed anymore which is fantastic! I use this everyday with my roller lash (my face tends to get super oily, so sometimes my mascara on my lower lashes tend to bleed a little) and it stays put all day! My only issue is that it tends to make your lashes rock hard if you apply too much, and you can kinda notice your lashes getting slightly clumpy, so use it sparingly and don't go too crazy!



 Eyebrows: Amazonian Clay Volumising Brow Powder in Black Brown by Tarte
Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Colour in Dark by Stila 

I only started using powder with confidence when I got my hands on the amazonian clay powder. I think it does tend to apply on really dark so a little really goes a very long way! As for the waterproof brow colour, I liek using this on the archs and the ends of my brows so they look a lot neater!



 Highlight: Watt's Up! and High Beam by Benefit

I think it's obvious that my favourite brand this year is Benefit. I seem to be finding more and more amazing products and repurchasing things from them and I'm not sorry about it. I've been using high beam for a long time and that has been great so far, but it does become a little too much on casual days. 

My brow girl recently gave me a sample of their Watt's Up highlighting stick and I love it! I use this on casual days if I want something a little more obvious than the YSL Touche Eclat. I love the shimmer on this and I just like how it blends with the skin, it's pretty amazing. Definitley getting the full size when this little dude runs out!



 Bronzer: Bronzing Powder in Medium by Sephora

I guess it's safe to say that I'll take another year or so to hit pan on this one. I've used it every single day and it's been quite a while now and I've still not hit pan. I'm not even sure if I ever will, but on the bright side, I won't have to worry about finding another bronzer anytime soon. 

I don't really feel much for this product though, it's pigmented and it comes off a little too orange-y for my liking but it does what it's supposed to do so I can't say I don't like it either. 




Powder: Studio Fix Compact Powder in NC30 by M.A.C

I'm glad I got a new one because I've hit pan on my old one so finally getting to use a new one just really feels awesome. I love the coverage of this product and it is relatively lightweight and doesn't clog my pores. I just really love this powder! 



 Shimmer: Refreshing Loose powder in 700 by Anna Sui

I'm not a fan of blushers anymore so I just dabbed a bit of this shimmery powder onto the apples of my cheeks! I know it's crazy but this powder does feel cool on the skin, I've no idea why but it really does! The subtle coolness and the light rose scent just makes me feel usper girly and I really love using this during special occassions! I wouldn't use this on my entire face though, I'd have an Edward Cullen face! 



 Lips: Frost Lip Colour in CB96 by M.A.C and Tint in Gelato in AT01 by Shu Uemura

I thought I'd do a subtle lip gradient today. Never really understood the lip gradient thing but I guess it turend out pretty nice today? I applied the lipstick all over my lips and then dabbed a little bit of the lip tint near the centre. I should have taken photos of the steps I took, but I think you guys get what I'm saying. 

I love using M.A.C lipsticks but I usually go for the cremesheen range, I think this is the only M.A.C lipstick I have that's from the frost range. I rarely use it because the formula is a tad bit dry (thus, frost) but this colour was too pretty for me to pass off. It reminds me of those sugar covered orange gummy sweets you ahve during Chinese New Year. 

As for the lip tint, it's also a gift from W's mum. I've never used Shu Uemura products before but this was pretty alright. Not sure if I'd go out of my way to repurchase it though, I don't use it that often! For today's look, I used this all over my lip before and it was pretty nice, but I think it does come off quite easily. B got me a killer lip stain from VDL too but I can't use that on top of a lipstick because of the consistency. 



 Finishing Spray: De-Slick by Urban Decay 

Never getting enough of this setting spray! Repurchased this countless times. I promise you, you will not ever regret buying this spray because it does wonders to your make up and it feels really refreshing once you've sprayed this all over your face! 



 And we're done!!

I just decided to let my hair down today, I'm still keeping it in a bun unti lI head out so that the curls are a little more obvious. Plus I know my make up looks hilarious with my yellow t-shirt. 




 A white dress for a change!

I know I love my black dresses, but I thought I'd go for something a little different. This is probably the second or 3rd white dress that I actually own so, I think it's an achievement because I've too many black dresses. I got this off Carousell and of course it's brand new. I'm not fond of second hand clothes so when I buy clothes off the app, I usually go for the Pre-Orders or the ones that are still in the bag or have their tags on. 

I guess this dress is pretty simple, nothing too fancy! I'm beginning to really love the halterneck necklines for my tops so it could be a new obsession? I'm not sure. As for the shoes, I'm still debating between high heels or just a small pair of baby heels because I'm going to be out the whole day! I'm sure I'll figure it out before I need to go...

That's all for today's tutorial! I hope you guys like my look/dress and I hope to see many of you guys at the screening! I know you have to register or something before you can go in but either way, I hope to see you guys at NLB and my next blogpost! 


xx
Shayne

Comments