Back To School Recipes: Thai Noodles | Sponsored

Hello Everyone! 

So in case you don't know, I've been working on my collab with The Things We Cook! They've sent me a few recipes from their beautiful cookbook and I've decided to pick 5 of their recipes and put a slight personal twist to them! 

In this post, I'll be showing you what I did to their delicious Thai Noodles. I think this recipe is great if you want something more substantial to bring to school. Just put this into a container and you're good to go! Just a fair warning, I didn't really expect 1lb (or about 500g) of angel hair to yield such a huge pot, I'd say this could feed 5-7 people! 







I decided to have this for lunch and have W over to have some as well. I skipped the last two ingredients (aka the garnishes) because W probably won't eat them. I topped mine off with some chicken today and it worked pretty well!  


 So I started with boiling my noodles! 

I couldn't find capellini pasta noodles at Cold Storage so I grabbed Angel Hair pasta noodles instead. I guess it worked pretty well, I think Angel Hair is thinner than Capellini (forgive me if I'm wrong) so I guess it's a good swap? I don't know haha. 

Little tip: put a wooden spoon over the pot to prevent the water from boiling over!





I blitzed up the ingredients for the sauce in my food processor and mixed it in!. 

It took less than a minute and it's literally so easy. I think this recipe is great when you need something really quick. I know it doens't look very colourful and exciting without any garnishing and all but trust me, it's absolutely delicious!! The noodles cooked really quickly as well because they are so thin and there's no actual cooking (besides the noodles) required. How could you not love this recipe?!




 I topped it off with some pieces of chicken that I've prepared earlier.

This are chicken thigh but you can top if off with anything I guess? I then sprinkled some cayenne pepper over my noodles and chicken to add a little more spice. 

In general, I absolutely love this recipe. I think this makes a really good meal because it tasts good even when it's cold so you won't have to worry if your lunch container doesn't retain the food's temperature. Also, I can't get over how simple this recipe is! You could even prepare this on the day itself (if you aren't lazy) because you can just throw these ingredients together and you guys a really delicious lunch in under 10mins! 

I'd definitley be cooking this again! I can't recommend this enough so do remember to let me know if you try this recipe out and please make sure you check out The Things We Cook and tag them on instagram if you try their recipes! Also, don't forget to tag me as well if you try anything out! Till me next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments