Omakase and The Cat Cafe

Hello Everyone!

I hope you guys are having a great holiday! It's finally Christmas week and I'm really excited for dinner with my parents and Wang on Christmas eve! Also, I can't wait to do the Get Ready With Me post as well so do look out for that! 

I had a pretty great Monday. My one and only Chummy chumbum B is back from Korea for a short holiday and I managed to meet up with her for an entire day! Needless to say, we had a lot of catching up to do, did a bit of shopping (a little too much financial damage on my end) and wandering around. Of course, a day with B is definitely a cheat day so we stuffed ourselves silly. Then again, in all honestly, today's cheat meals were so worth it, particularly lunch. 

I texted B last night telling her that I had a crazy crave for a burger, so we spent a while looking up for burger places to try and we eventually decided on Omakase Burger. I didn't know there was an outlet at Wisma (all this time I thought they only had the Turf City outlet) so it was a pretty darn good thing. I never really heard much about Omakase but I knew it was rather popular so I thought, why not? 



IT WAS SO DAMN GOOD.

Sadly, it was a little on the pricey side. I had the Ultimate Cheeseburger which was basically a cheeseburger with bacon, onions and mushroom. Basically, the biggest cheat meal you could possibly have. B had the rootbeer float, a Deluxe Cheeseburger which is the cheeseburger with onions and mushrooms and the truffle fries. 

I haven't had a good burger in a long time so I was more than happy to spend the money on this. I'm not sure how much B had spent on her meal but my burger was almost $20. It's a pretty small serving, not like a massive Carls Jr. burger, but I can promise you, this burger was so damn good. 

I don't like eating messy but this burger made the mess worth it. The patty was juicy and tender (we both got ours done medium rare) and the cheese was so awesome on it. The bacon did get a tiny bit soggy but it was still pretty delicious, of course, you can never go wrong with mushrooms and onions in your burger. 

The fries were pretty good as well, they don't bleed the smell of the truffle oil, but they have just enough flavour and smell as yummy as they taste. I felt that these were probably one of my favourite truffle fries, though I think some may disagree because I think most people prefer to have their truffle fries really reeking of the truffle oil. But I really liked these and I definitely recommend it. 

However, a little note, they have little options so if you aren't a fan of beef, they aren't exactly spoilt for choice with their chicken or vegetarian options. If I remember right, they don't serve pork as well. I do want to try their vegetarian burger just out of curiosity but maybe some other time when I have another burger craving. 

Another thing to note before you run down to Omakase, all members of your dining posse for the day have to be present before they seat you (I'm not sure about the Turf City outlet though) and you have to order before you get a seat. So I'd recommend that you take a look at their menu before going down to save some time. I also don't think they do reservations, and the crowd tends to fluctuate though it's generally crowded (or it was today, at least) so just be prepared to queue for maybe 5-10 minutes.

Omakase Burger 
http://www.omakaseburger.com/

Wisma Outlet 
435 Orchard Road, #01-02/03/37 to 41

Wisma Atria, Singapore 238877
(+65) 6737 3218


Opening Times:
Mon - Thurs: 10am - 10pm 
(Full menu served between 11am-3pm and 5pm-9.30pm. All other hours will only serve drinks and desserts)
Fri - Sun: 10am - 10pm 
(Full menu served between 11am-9.30pm. All other hours will only serve drinks and desserts)
Last Order: 9.30pm


Turf City Outlet (Grandstand)
200 Turf Club Road #01-05
Bukit Timah, Singapore 287994
(+65) 6763 2698

Opening Times:
Mon - Thurs: 11.30am-3.30pm and 5pm - 9.30pm 
(Last order at 9pm)
Fri - Sun: 11am - 10pm
(Last Order at 9.30pm)



Our next highlight of the day was the Cat Cafe at Bugis. We had planned to go to the one at Scape but apparently it had closed down or something. I'm not too sure why and all but it was pretty unfortunate. We decided to head down to Bugis at about 4ish and there were quite a few people there already and we were unfortunately placed on the waiting list. Around 6ish, they finally gave us a call so we happily ran down to see pretty kitties!








A little kitty haven~

If you don't know where to find the entrance, look for the Burger King at Bugis Street and there should be a little alley in between the Bugis Street shops and Burger King. Just go up the stairs (it might be quite a climb for some people) and you'll reach the place! 








Yum yum!

Well we I had a little dinner. The serving portions aren't massive so that was good for me, but it was also slightly pricey. I paid about $8.90 for my lasagne but it was good. I did have a debate between the beef lasagne (they have a chicken option too) and their baked macaroni, if I remember right, they had a mushroom & cheese as well as a beef & cheese option, but I was told that the lasagne was more popular so I gave that a try. 

They do give a complimentary drink when you come in, I think it's only soft drinks like coke, sprite, ice lemon tea and passionfruit tea, for other drinks, you'd have to top up a bit more. They also had a little spread of other savoury dishes and some cakes as well. Didn't give those a go because I was still sorta full but I ate something so that I wouldn't get hungry in the night. Not that I regret the lasagne though, it was pretty nice. 




















Needless to say, the cats were so adorable!

If I'm not wrong, you can adopt these cats. I'm not too sure about their policies and all so have a little read in their website. They do have a few house rules to follow as well and the biggest one to note (in my opinion) would be to not pick the cats up. I was constantly tempted to pick them up and place them on my lap and stroke them but you aren't allowed to pick them up. Of course, other rules include not disturbing them if they're eating or sleeping and no flash photography etc. 

As tight as the rules may seem, it's good that they take good care of their cats and I think that's the most important in any animal-related business. The staff there were really friendly as well and they handled the cats pretty well, plus it was nice seeing them playing with the cats every now and then as well. So if you're bored and you love cats and you're in the Bugis area, you know where to go.

It was a really fun experience though B mentioned this cafe was probably better equipped (with stuff for cats to climb on or play with) than the one she visited in Korea. Some of the cats slept through our visit and some were really hyper which was pretty fun! The cats were pretty gentle and docile so there was nothing much to be worried about. I probably need to go there to visit her soon during my next break. Heh. 

The Cat Cafe

241B Victoria Street
Level 3
$15 per entry with a complimentary soft drink
Age limit: 6 & Above. 
(Children below the age of 12 will need accompanying adults)

Opening Hours: 
Monday 3pm-10pm
Tuesday to Sunday and Public Holidays: 10am-10pm




Whoopdie doo~

Well, it was a pretty great day! Didn't exactly get all our shopping done, or at least B didn't, but in the end the hours spent catching up, stuffing our faces and playing with lovely cats were just great. It sucks that B will be flying back in a week or so again. But at least we got to meet up this time~ I'll probably regret my calorific meals tomorrow but a cheat day is a cheat day and I might as well make the most of it. 

With that guys, I'll end the post here. Do check these two places out because I think they're pretty worth the visit and I hope you guys have a great week ahead! 



xx
Shayne


Comments