#GetReadyWithMe: Christmas 2014

 Merry Christmas Everyone!!

I can't believe it's finally Christmas eve! I'm so excited for tomorrow and I hope you guys are having a wonderful Christmas! As promised, this post is a Get Ready With Me. I haven't done one before so I hope you guys like it. I'll be heading to dinner with my parents and W at Park Royal @ Pickering tonight so that's pretty exciting!

Let's get started!

In case you're wondering, the necklace is from one of the shops at Scape. I can't remember which one exactly but it's one of those just near the skate shop. It's pretty heavy but I love it and I've worn it quite a few times.


First thing's first: Hair Preparation!

So for this look I decided to have natural curls and I was lazy to get the hair curler out, so I started my hair preparations a lot earlier today.


 Tangle Teezer

I've mentioned this product a lot and I still love it to bits. I use this on my freshly washed hair most of the time because it doesn't pull my hair out. After my shower, I ran this through my hair and sorta ruffled it in my towel before spraying in the next product.




Bamboo Volume 48-Hour Sustainable Volume Spray

This was a freebie from Sephora, so thank you so much for putting this in the goodie bag because it's probably a new favourite. I've used it quite a bit already. As you can see, you don't need much of it at a time. I use about 3 sprays on damp hair, just before I blow dry it. It has a bit of a smell but it doesn't really bother me and the spray is a sort of mist so it covers most of my hair very efficiently!

I'm not sure about the actual cost of this but I know Bamboo products are a little pricey. This bottle should last quite a while so I guess it would be worth the repurchase!




Moroccan Oil Treatment Light

After I've blow-dried my hair, I gently go through my hair with the Tangle Teezer again before applying half a pump of this product. I love love LOVE this so much; the texture it gives my hair and the smell of it. A bottle of this costs quite a bit, like the 125ml one cost me about $80? Then again, the bottle lasts me for about half a year so its totally worth it. I've recently repurchased this one and although it's pricey, I definitely recommend this.

After I've done that, I tied my hair up into a bun and sat around for an hour or so just to make sure my hair really takes the shape of the curls.




 Now it's time for the make up!

So I kept my hair in a bun for the post, partially because I wanted to have my hair in a bun for as long as possible and I wanted my hair out of the way while I did my make up.




 Prime: Porfessional by Benefit

I don't think I've talked about this before but I've been using it everyday since I've bought it. It beats the Maybelline Baby Skin by miles. This one doesn't leave my skin oily even after a long day and the best part is that it's tinted. However, don't expect any coverage from this product!




 Conceal: Fake Up by Benefit in 02 Medium

I use this mostly during shoots or during events and this is pretty much an event so, yeah. I just cover up the blemishes and the underside of my eyes as well as the redness at the corners of my nose.




 Highlight: Highbeam by Benefit

I swear I use this A TON but the level in the bottle never goes down and that's pretty awesome. I obviously don't use much at one go but a tiny tiny bit goes a really long way. I use this just under the brow arch and on my nose.




 Contour: Stila Bronzing Powder in Shade 02

I'm nearly out of this but I'm not sure if I'll be repurchasing this. This one is slightly dark but it does its contouring job. I use M.A.C's blush brush and contouring brush to contour on various parts of my face. I contour on my cheeks, chin (where I use the blush brush) and on my nose (where I use the contour brush)




 Brows: Smashbox Brow Tech To Go in Brunette

My favourite eyebrow pencil EVER. It's really easy to use and the gel just neatens up my brows so well and the colour is perfect for my brows. Also, the angled tip of the pencil makes my life a whole lot easier. Though I think this one is a little pricey too, but I can't remember the price.




 Shadow Prime: Eyeshadow Primer Potion by Urban Decay in Original

I didn't know there were so many types of eyeshadow primer potion until I bought this tube. I first got introduced to this when I got my Naked palette. It comes with the palette and I'm glad it did. It makes your eyeshadow stay pigmented through the day. It's also really lightweight so that's a plus! I just apply this all over my lid.






 Eyeshadow: Naked Palette 1 by Urban Decay
Hustle >> Smog >> Sidecar

I love this one more than Naked 2 and 3. I have more use for the colours in this palette, especially the shimmery tones.

For this look, I started with Hustle, which is a shimmery chocolate brown, on the inner corners to about just halfway of my eyelid. I then colour in Smog, which is a deep bronze, into the middle of the lid just before finishing the outer corners with Sidecar, which is a sightly rose-goldy sort of shimmer tone. I then slowly blended these together.




 Top Liner: Fluidline Gel Liner by M.A.C in Blacktrack
and Naked Palette by Urban Decay

I don't use this too often as well. I use my M.A.C angled brush to draw my liner with this. I feel like it gives me the best control and the cleanest lines. I find that this one needs setting so I usually go over this with a black powder but in this case, I used Creep from the Naked Palette.



Bottom Liner: Highliner Gel Crayon by Marc Jacobs in Blacquer

I drew this until about 1/3 of my bottom waterline as well as the top innerlids. I love how this applies on a lot better than the one I used to have from Stila. I've recently changed up most of my eye products to the ones from Marc Jacobs and I've been so spoilt by them because I love them much more than my Stila ones but they're also a lot more pricey.

Then again, I'm an eyeliner girl so I don't mine splurging on the eye products.




 Lash Primer: Cils Booster Triple Care Mascara Primer by Lancome

This one was one of those products I decided to try because the one I originally used wasn't available. I used to use a primer by Estee Lauder but it was a gift and I can't seem to find it here so I decided to give this a go. No regrets with this one so far. I rarely use mascara now so I've only used this twice and so far, so good. It does it's job, but other than that, nothing too spectacular?



 Mascara: They're Real Mascara by Benefit

I've recently decided to give this a go as well because a lot of people have been talking about it. I love it and don't love it at the same time. I love how it makes my lashes look, they're longer and thicker but this formula takes ages to dry and it frustrates me when I'm in a rush.

If you're the kind to run around and have no time to wait for mascara, I don't think I'd recommend this. It's worth a try though! Just make sure you have a fast-drying alternative on days where you need to rush.




 Powder: Studio Fix Compact Powder by M.A.C in NC30

I've been using this for a while and this is my second re-purchase. I tend to change up between NC27 and NC30 but right now my best match is NC30. It has a good finish and gives medium coverage and it makes my skin look awesome when I use it with the Porfessional.




Blush/highlight: Naked Illuminated by Urban Decay in Aura

This was recommended by the lady at the Urban Decay stand at Sephora and I'm glad I succumbed to the temptation because this just gives my cheeks such a pretty shimmery finish. I don't use a lot of this as well but it's just really really pretty! This one is a slightly more pinkish colour than the other one which is a more light beige tone.




 Seal Up: De-Slick Setting Spray by Urban Decay

I never go out without giving this a spritz! It keeps my make up on for the whole day and it doesn't smell of anything! I use about 3-4 sprays of this at a time and I'm good to go! This is the mattifying one because I tend to get oily skin and this doesn't disappoint me.




 Lipstick: Lip Rouge V by Anna Sui in 461

The actual lipstick looks daunting because it's a super deep oxblood colour, but it applies on pretty sheer and the colour is really buildable. Plus it has a pretty nice rose sort of scent/flavour to it which I really like. On the other hand, I very much prefer M.A.C lipsticks because their formula is a lot more moisturising. This one dries my lips out a little after a while so I always have some lip balm under it.




 Perfume: Coco Madammoiselle by Chanel

I got this from my parents for my 21st birthday and it smells so good! I got the smaller bottle as I always do because I tend to have many perfumes at a time and I use them according to my mood!






Dress by So Frocking Good

I got this one recently so I decided to give it a go for tonight. The belt didn't come with the dress and I've unfortunately forgot where I got it! I love the back of this dress though! The material is pretty smooth and soft and slightly stretchy! Perfect for the buffet dinner tonight hehe. I just love how the skirt reaches to a good height, it's short but it isn't micro short so it's perfect for a dinner date too!

So that's all for this post! I hope you guys liked it! I'm techinically making the whole family late so I gotta go! Merry Christmas y'all!


xx
Shayne

Comments