2014 Favourites

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is having a nice holiday! Can you believe it's gonna be 2015 in two days?! I'm pretty excited or 2015 myself. To celebrate the coming of a new year, I'll be doing my favourites of 2014 today and a Get Ready With Me post for tomorrow's countdown. If you haven't seen my previous Get Ready With Me, you can click on the link here.

I haven't done a monthly favourite at all this year, so I decided to do an annual favourites blogpost instead. I figured it would make more sense since I pretty much use the same products over a few months unless I try something new and I prefer the new product.

I've mentioned quite a few of these products even in my 2013 monthly favourites so obviously, that'll say something about the products/things. I'm not going to do a lot of products because that'll make this post unnecessarily long, but I'll just do a few things that I've use throughout the year. Without further ado, let's get started!



1. Bioderma Sensibio Micelle Solution

I don't know how many times I've mentioned this in my blog but I've repurchased this so many times that it had to make it to this post. This is basically a water-based make up remover. I think some people mentioned using this as a toner? I use it soley for removing make up. It's removing power is amazing and it doesn't sting my skin or eyes like those alcohol-based ones or leave my skin feeling clogged and gross like the oil-based ones. 

Also, my recent repurchase of this product wasn't too long ago and they've the little pump thing instead of the normal snap cap on top. I thought that was pretty awesome cuz I don't have to pour the solution onto my cotton swab anymore. Hehe. Bonus points for you, Bioderma.




2. Moroccan Oil Treatment in Light

I've mentioned this is my recent Get Ready With Me post and a monthly favourite or two in 2013 so this is added to the list. I've been using this daily after every shower after I wash my hair and it smells so nice! Plus it leaves my hair feeling amazing so that's great too. I usually apply this just after I've blow-dried my hair, just mostly on the tips because that's where my hair screws up the most. 

Like I mentioned before, a little bit of this goes a long way, so don't be put off by how expensive a bottle can be. This was also in another recent repurchase and I got the slightly bigger bottle now so that'll last me a lot longer. 



3. Skinny Mint Teatox

If you haven't read my previous review, you can view it on the Skinny Mint Website here. I have been drinking this for the past few months and it does help. It's the holiday season now so I've been stuffing my face and skipping on exercise for almost a week, but this helps to keep my weight at bay so I'm thankful for that. 

If you guys are considering the Teatox, do give it a go, although I do have a friend who's stomach is a little sensitive and it wasn't the most comfortable experience (we're talking about the Night Cleanse which has little bits of laxatives) but for me it was alright. So do keep that in mind before you try it out. Perhaps try it on days where you won't have to head out the next day so you won't feel so much discomfort when you're out. 



4. Make Up Products (left to right)

I've had a few make up favourites but these will top my list. If I list all of them, there will be too many, plus I use these products the most! I'll start with the one right at the bottom and move up. I've also mentioned some of these in my Get Ready With Me post!


Precision Pen Liner by Marc Jacobs in Blacquer 

I love this eyeliner, it's my second repurchase. I used to use a liquid liner from Stila but once I gave this a try, I didn't really want to go back. Although, I must say this is definitely more pricey and the packaging is slightly more bulky. If you want a slightly cheaper option, definitely go for the Stila liquid liner because that's pretty good too. I've written about it in my Between the Eyeliners post when I've just started trying this Marc Jacobs one out!


Brow Tech To Go Eyebrow Pencil by Smashbox in Brunette

I'm not sure how many times I've raved about this eyebrow pencil but I can't ever stop talking about it and I can't not recommend this enough because it was really awesome. The slant pencil just makes everything a whole lot easier and the gel makes my brows so neat. Plus this stays on and the colour suits me perfectly. 

What's there not to love about this? Maybe the price, and the fact that it finishes after two-three months of usage. But think of it this way, perfect brows EVERYDAY.


Porfessional by Benefit

I remembered thinking twice before purchasing this, but I'm glad I eventually caved in. It doesn't leave my face as oily as the Maybelline Baby Skin one does and this is tinted, which is a plus point! It costs about twice as much as the Maybelline Baby Skin but I love this so much more. Sorry Maybelline, I'm officially moving over!


Lipbalm by EOS in Raspberry Pomegranate

This is the current flavour/scent that I'm using. I've used the strawberry sorbet and the summer fruit ones so far. I've the sweet mint and the honeydew one left and I can't wait to try those! Especially the sweet mint one! Though these are kinda bulky and one of the slightly higher priced lipbalms, I definitely recommend these cuz their formula is amazing and their flavours/scents are really yummy. I know there's a vanilla bean flavoured one in a different packaging and I want to try that out as well! 

If you're wondering where I get mine, I get mine from a shop at Scape! They carry quite a few EOS products and their prices are pretty good there! They carry different brands like China Glaze and OPI as well but I get mine from Wow! Pretty Nails so you can check her site out as well! 


High Beam Highlighter by Benefit

This was literally one of those accidental favourites. Before this product, I didn't really bother much about highlighting and this just made highlighting essential when I want to doll up. I don't need much of this at one time so I'm still on my first bottle. Clearly you can see that not much has been used but I've been using it during shoots or events. 

I definitely don't use this everyday, I don't really feel the need to highlight when I go to school or if I'm just heading out for a short while. If you're looking for a highlighter that lasts really long and is worth your money, get this product because it literally might last me forever. 



5. Sharpie Markers 

These were a gift, and probably one of the gifts I use very often. I love to draw random things and these just make my random doodling obsession grow because now I can doodle anywhere. Mind you, these are permanent markers. What's better than a typical permanent marker? Permanent markers in various colours. And I'm talking about 24 different colours. I've bought a gold one separately and that one's bloody amazing too. 

If you don't love Sharpie markers , I don't know what's wrong with you. 



6. Abyssus Mirror Mouse by Razer 

I've never really been much of a gamer, even now, I'm terrible at games and I only play a few games. But this mouse has mainly been the best thing ever. My best friend and his girlfriend got this for my 21st birthday and I love it to death. I never really saw the need for a computer mouse until I started gaming. 

In case you're wondering, I'm still addicted to Don't Starve and I have no regrets whatsoever. I'm just bummed that I'm playing on a Mac because the multiplayer thingy only works with windows. Come one Klei, please have the multiplayer extension for Mac users soon PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. 



7. Books by Lang Leav

I love these books and I love Lang Leav. I started reading her works when I was on tumblr. Her works would randomly pop up on my dashboard and I always found them to be a nice read. I do like poetry so I started to reblog her works too. One fine day, I found out that she was releasing a book, Love and Misadventure, so I bought it. I loved it very much. She also released Lullabies recently and that was a beautiful book too.

I don't know which one I prefer, but I do have a slight attachment to Lullabies because I bought it and read it when I was suffering from the pains of a break up. This book really did make me feel comforted and it was pretty much, like a lullaby. It may sound silly, but it did make me feel a lot better.



I've come to the end of my favourites of 2014! I can't wait for the countdown party tomorrow and I'm excited to do the Get Ready with Me post for you guys again tomorrow as well! I hope you guys have wonderful plans to countdown to the new year and that you've had a wonderful and magical christmas!

I've some exciting news about a new project that I'll be doing in 2015 but I won't elaborate on it just yet! For those of you who visit my website and my Facebook page, you might know what I'm talking about but I'll talk about it more another time! Until then, do look out for tomorrow's blogpost! Happy Holidays!



xx
Shayne

Comments