ShWang Adventures: Singapore Zoo

Howdie Hoo~

W decided to bring me to the Zoo to run around and be crazy today. Trust me, I did. I literally had so much fun despite it being insanely humid and kinda smelly. The whole zoo isn't smelly of course, but you can't really expect a zoo to smell like flowers, no? 

Anyway on a side note, I decided that every time W and I went to somewhere to explore or just to be plain silly, I'm gonna make it even more silly by hashtagging #ShwangAdventures if I post anything on instagram. I obviously just needed an excuse to use the word 'Shwang', a friend of mine came up with it a while back, thank you Fendi, you wonderful unicorn. 

Just a fair warning, this is gonna be a really photo heavy post. As my other future #ShwangAdventures posts will probably be as well. 




Selfies are mandatory~

I packed a bit of food with me incase we got hungry. Also because everything at the Zoo is a little overpriced so, yeah. Mostly, I got hungry because I didn't get to have some breakkie before I left the house. So we chomped on little sandwiches and little nibbles as I dragged him everywhere we walked along. The weather wasn't too harsh so I was thankful for that. It did get kinda hot here and there but at least it wasn't scorching, and the best part was: it didn't rain.















MANY ANIMALS!

I find myself going to the same enclosures over and over again. I'm a HUGE fan of the Cat Country (particularly the Lions) and the Snakes enclosures. I absolutely must go to these few enclosures everytime I head to the zoo. Sadly, I was greatly disappointed when I visited the Lion enclosure today. I could barely see a thing, hence the sad miserable little shot of the lion back-facing me. 

The snakes were pretty nice today. Plus the shade made everything better as well. We kept going into every shade we could find just to cool off. Which also meant that we visited the Polar Bear enclosure twice, just for the sake of enjoying a bit of aircon.










A date isn't a date without taking photos of your date. 

I just love how open he is about being silly. It's hilarious and it just makes everything so fun. I do have a few shots of him roaming around, though he realises that I've stopped somewhere really quickly so I don't have many awesome candid shots. 








I gave myself a little mission today.

There were these adorable animal board thingies around the Zoo today, I didn't really know what it was all about but it had something to do with Zoo Hoo. But since it's a Monday, we didn't get to witness what the Zoo Hoo thing was about. Anyway, I decided that I was going to take a photo with all the Zoo Hoo animals that I could find. 

I'd like to assume that I've accomplished my mission.







Little shots of random scenery~

The Zoo has these little gardens that are really pretty. I think one of them is called Garden with a View and it's really lovely, especially with the fountain just outside the little gazebo. They also had a little herb/plant garden somewhere else along the way and that was pretty nice to walk around for a bit~










What's a Zoo visit without popping by KidzWorld?

W and I came across these lollipop rings the other day and we thought we'd grab one each just for today. I got the raspberry (I'm still trying to understand why the candy's a blue and yellow swirl?) flavour and W got the grape flavour. I figured, what better place to have them than in KidzWorld? Can't go wrong with the childhood candy. 

I did regret having the candy after a while though. It wasn't the easiest candy to finish eating, plus it made me super duper thirsty.  No more of that candy for a long long time, or ever, it wasn't exactly the easiest candy to find I think. We just stumbled upon it. But it was all in good fun~ 



That's all for this little post, I hoped you guys enjoyed this one. It's a little more light-hearted and more visual. I'll be posting another one of these soon but I'm not going to tell you guys where W and I will be going just yet! Then again, I think I might or might not have mentioned it somewhere. Either way, do look forward to the next post! I'll see you then! 


xx
Shayne

Comments