Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler Overnight Treatment Review | Sponsored

Hello everyone!

If you've been following me on instagram, you'd know that Eucerin and Touch PR has very kindly sent me an extensive kit with their Hyaluron-Filler Overnight range! The products sent to me are meant to be used after your cleanser and toner, which is what I have been doing! I followed the recommended directions first, then sort of adjusted it to suit me.


If you'd like to watch the unboxing, you can watch it on my IGTV here! 

I recently started wandering into anti-aging products, not only because some companies have generously sent me some products, but also because I'm already 25. I'd assume it's better to start using anti-aging products now than to start when I actually start developing wrinkles. 

Skin cell renewal slows down as we age and that results in the dead skin cells still clinging onto the skin's surface, causing rough and dull skin (hence, exfoliation's importance in one's skin routine!) I could be wrong about the whole 'prevention is better than cure' thing, but hey, feel free to let me know what your thoughts anti-aging treatments are!


Don't they just look so amazing?!

If you watched the unboxing, you'd know that the packaging itself have extensive instructions as well as a lot of information about the product which I definitely appreciated a lot because I'm new to anti-aging skincare. I've heard a lot about the whole Hyaluronic Acid ingredient, that it tends to make your skin a little more sensitive to the sun etc etc, but besides that, I don't really know what it does. Also, I would be able to tell you guys more about the products and you guys would be able to decide if you'd like to try these out for yourself! 

Some of the key benefits of the products sent to me included the plumping, hydration and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as the removal of dead skin cells, reduction of texture and dullness on the skin as well as the promotion of cell renewal. 

As for the active ingredients:
  1.  H-Hyaluronic Acid: moisturises the skin's surface and reduces fine lines. 
  2. 40x smaller L-Hyaluronic Acid: provides deeper penetration and stimulates the skin's own hyaluronic acid production.
  3. Glycine Saponin: stimulates hyaluronic acid and collagen production
  4. AHA Complex (Serum): provides exfoliation and improves cell renewal
  5. Dexpanthenol (Night Cream): enhances skin regeneration and repair

Now, let's look into the products individually, shall we?

Hyaluron-Filler Overnight Treatment

This treatment is a two-part product, combining the AHA Peeling Complex with the Filling Gel Serum into one. Basically, you're pumping two things onto your hand at one go, it's just very convenient and you can't ever say you forgot one or the other! As scary as all this peeling and acid stuff sounds, this product is suitable for everyday use and it caters to all skin types! 

AHA Peeling Complex: 
Includes Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid and Gluconolactone, gently removes the dead skin cells to reduce texture and dullness on the skin and also promotes skin cell renewal. Bio-active glycine saponin increases the biosynthetic capacity of hyaluronic acid and collagen in fibroblasts, and according to dermatological evaluation, it is suitable as skincare for blemish prone skin.

Filling Gel Serum: 
Includes Hyaluronic Acid (H-HA) which improves moisture-retention, resulting in plump skin and the reduction of fine lines. 40x smaller Hyaluronic Acid (L-HA) reaches further into the skin where wrinkles originate and also increases the biosynthetic capacity of hyaluronic acid in fibroblasts. 

In a nutshell, I'd say this product penetrates the skin all the way to the origins of fine lines, and then targets the problem from there and helps the skin to prevent fine lines. At the same time, it takes care of problems on the surface level and evens out the skin tone! 

Personally, I quite like this product. I have combination skin, so I was quite worried about using this because of all the acids it has, also because I didn't have a very good experience with previous peeling/acid products, but when I used this for the first time, I didn't have the itchy or tingly feeling on my skin which was definitely great! The only problem was that the products did not both come out at the same time at first, but I think that's normal when you have to sort of load up the pump when you first use it - it was totally fine after that! I use this every night after I'm done with my cleanser, spot creams and toner!

I haven't had any problems with this product, it does say to make use of sunscreen as it tends to increase the skin's sensitivity to the sun, so if you're not used to putting sunblock daily, it's time to do so (whether or not you decide to purchase this product). I also realised that this is not sticky at all which I very happy with! It says that there's a light fragrance, which there is and it's really quite pleasant, so it's definitely something up my alley! 

Hyaluron-Filler Day (SPF 15 for Dry Skin)

I'm going to talk about this product first because it was the only one in the range that I honestly didn't really enjoy. Mostly because it's meant for dry skin and I have combination-oily skin, so this didn't sit too well with me. I appreciated that it had SPF 15 in it, so it protects your skin from the increased sun-sensitivity. However, this was a little too heavy on my skin! 

This product helps to reduce fine lines and provides both UVA and UVB protection. It also works well as a make up base and is non-comedogenic (doesn't cause blackheads or clog up your skin). My mum has dry skin so I passed that to her, so far she seems to like it so that's a good thing! 

Hyaluron Filler Night

This product caters to all skin types, similar to the overnight treatment. Similarly to the day cream, it also reduces fine lines and is non-comedogenic!

I favoured this a lot more over the day cream. It didn't have the smell of sunblock and it had a very light sweet fragrance which was very pleasant! It didn't feel heavy or sticky on my skin either so I love this very much. Usually night creams tend to be a little heavy, but this one definitely isn't! 


Hyaluron-Filler Concentrate

This product caters to all skin types and is also a good makeup base. It enhances the anti-aging, wrinkling-plumping benefits of the day and night creams and it leaves the skin feeling smooth!

I used to use this in the day before I apply the day cream, but now I apply this mostly under my eyes (for good measure) and on my neck (where I actually have a lot of lines), and of course a little bit on my forehead as well. I realised that my face doesn't really suffer from that many fine lines, but my neck is where I actually have lines, but I'm not too sure what causes them. 

However, I definitely found that the lines have reduced over the past month that I've been using the products. I definitely regret not taking before and after photos, but like I said in my unboxing video, I wasn't even sure how it was going to help me because I didn't really notice the lines on my neck. But do keep up with me on social media, I'll keep you guys updated there! 

I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost and that it has given you quite a bit of insight into what the whole range is about. I definitely recommend the range, but as most good things, this will require time to work, don't buy it and expect your wrinkles to disappear the next day! A massive thank you to Eucerin and Touch PR for sending me these amazing products, probably my fave anti-aging products so far! I'll see you guys in my next post! 


xx
Shayne

Comments