My First (and last) Bella Box!

Hello Everyone!

School is finally over and I'm so glad that I have survived year one of Uni *victory dance*. I've been really busy filming for a new drama on Channel 5 called Tanglin. Not gonna tell you guys everything, you can stalk me on instagram and twitter and make guesses! Do catch it when it comes out in June! ;) Anyway, as I've promised myself in March, I was going to treat myself to a Bella Box when I ended the semester.

So I did...


I was really excited!

So what happens is, when you sign up and stuff, they processed your orders on either the 10th or the 20th of every month so I only received mine earlier today. What I also found out was that this will probably the only Bella Box that I would get to try because the box service was being discontinued. So obviously, I'm really lucky that I decided to be (quite literally) be the last person to jump on the Bella Box bandwagon.

I was hoping that I could do an annual subscription if I really liked my first Bella Box experience but I guess I can't anymore. Bummer D:





 I got some pretty awesome stuff!

I was pretty surprised that the box was really small (and pretty) but it turns out that there was quite an amount of things to try. I won't be reviewing them all at one go, of course. I would probably be trying some of these products in my trip to France with SL next week! I'm pumped for the trip but I'm pretty worried at the same time because of our tight schedules. I'll be blogging while I'm there of course! Not every day but, I hope to squeeze about three posts at least. #bloggergoals

So let me just roughly go through the various products that I received! I had a party to go to today so I managed to give some products a try before that so keep reading and find out what I thought about the products! I'll be putting my review at the end of the post!



1. Belif Whitening Series

From the flyer they included, I received 4/6 of the entire range. I will start trying them tomorrow and I'll post the review when the sachets/bottle runs out! I would presume I'd finish these before I leave for France so hopefully I can put a blogpost up before I fly!

I'm pretty excited about this because I'm really into whitening products (clearly I'm not a fan of being tanned). I took a little whiff of the toner and it has a really mild but fresh scent so I'm really looking forward to trying these!

The ones I received in the box were:
  • True-Brightening Cleansing Foam
  • True-Whitening Clear Toning Water
  • True-Whitening Essence
  • True-Whitening Cream 



2. CLIV Ginseng Berry Premium Eye Cream

I've never heard of this brand before so this would be pretty interesting! I would be bringing this product to France with me! But just to kill some curiosity, it doesn't look too special, just a normal white eye cream and it scent is pretty mild and oddly, it doesn't smell bad too so that's an immediate thumbs up!



3. Dr. G Aquasis Moisture Toner

I thought this was perfect to bring to France, I'm presuming that my skin is gonna get really dry there so a moisture toner would be pretty good! I didn't give this a whiff or anything yet, I set it aside straight away with my travel toiletries so that I wouldn't forget about it. Do look out for the review in the next two weeks! 



4. Schwarzikopf Professional BC Bonacure Smooth Perfect Smoothing Cream

Before we say anything, this is what the product is actually called in the list they gave me. It was pretty crazy long haha. This will be the last product that I will be trying out in France! I was pretty excited because it was pretty small so it would be great for travelling! I would also guess that my hair would be in great need of moisture in France so I'd say this came at a great time! I do really love hair products hehe. 



5. VDL Products

I got to try these products today. I have not heard of this brand before so I was pretty excited. I received two items from VDL and since I got to try these, I'll do a little review for you guys! 

Items I received in the box were:
  • Skin P+R=O Almighty Ampoule Essence 
  • Lumilayer Primer

Skin P+R=O Almighty Ampoule Essence 

This is just a pretty clear solution which is kinda thick. I'm honestly not too fond of it because I have combination skin and this gives quite an intense shine, but I would think it's good for people who have dry skin. It didn't really absorb into my skin that well so I could literally feel the layer of ampoule on my face. Not too much of a fan, unfortunately.



Lumilayer Primer

I was told to apply this after the ampoule and then proceed with the rest of my make up routine. This primer is pretty nice, it has shimmer and it's quite a thick substance too. You can imagine how thick that feels on the face after the ampoule. However, I quite like the (somewhat holographic) shimmer because it kinda brings out the highlights of your face.

Plus point: this blends into your skin pretty nicely and it doesn't make you look like you have a whole layer of white.



6. The Face Shop Cushion Screen Cell SPF 50+ PA +++ 

I've seen similar products from various brands in Sephora and I've friends who use it, so I was glad that I finally got to try it! They had two mini samples of it so I let my mum try one and I used the other. So, since I've used this for my party today, here's my review:


I'd say this mini sampler's good for 2-3 uses. 

I applied this instead of using my Benefit Porefessional and I kind of regret it because my skin felt really heavy after the ampoule and the primer. Plus my pores were really terrible (on the T-zone) so I wasn't that happy about the combination of products. 




Final make up look~

As you can see, my face still looks kinda dewy (technically; oily) even after I set the foundation with my powder so I'm a little disappointed. Then again, the foundation did go on quite smoothly, so for those of you who do not have the same skin type as me, you may like this. I don't think I will ever use the 'ampoule + primer + foundation' combo again because it felt like my face would melt any moment. 



I'm hoping the other products would be pretty awesome! From the three that I've tried so far, I'd say the foundation is my favourite because I think it would be pretty lightweight by itself. The primer would be nice for stage or maybe on-screen make up. I'm probably going to use it tomorrow when I film a new Black Humor video (lol it's been a long time) so do look out for that! It should be coming out when I'm in France though! 

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed the review, it was pretty fun giving these a try! I can't wait to try the rest so look forward to the reviews soon! I hope you guys have a great month of May and you are on track for your plans for Mothers Day! 

I know I am hehe. Till my next post! 



xx
Shayne



Comments