France Day 1: Bonjour Paris!

Hello (from Paris) everyone!

I'm pretty happy with myself for surviving the 13hr flight from Singapore to Paris. Honestly, I hate flying, but I do love the idea of exploring a foreign country. I'm in France with SL, and our first city is Paris! We flew with Singapore Airlines this time and I'd say the airlines makes all the difference because the flight wasn't as terrible as it usually is. 

I wasn't too overly concerned with feeling too claustrophobic. The food was alright though I really felt like I left my appetite in Singapore. I did catch two movies on the plane and I wasn't sure if those movies were the ones I should have watched. I caught 15, which is a Singaporean film and Parasyte which was a Japanese film. I've mixed feelings about both these movies haha. 

Anyway, I pretty much spent the day wandering around the streets of Paris! Snapped some photos when I could too!



This was the only shot I took in the van after we landed. 










Lunch before the Check-in!

We did have to wait quite awhile before we got our rooms, we arrived at our hotel around 8ish and I only got my room keys around 2pm. It was pretty terrible waiting because we had a lot of our belongings to worry about. While waiting, we did have some indian vegetarian food which was pretty darn good! I also snapped some photos around my hotel area!





The view from my room!

My roomie and I live on the top floor of the hotel so it's got quite a nice view! My room was a pretty small one but it isn't too bad. I'm really happy that it's really clean and that it's all neat yet cosy. It's currently pretty cold in Paris so I'm glad to have a heater in my room hehe.




My friends and I went to a few places today! I've been to Paris once before with my parents when I was 13 so it was nice to visit the same places again! I can't wait for the activities tomorrow because it's supposedly our last day of free and easy as the next few days would be packed with performance preparations!



Arc de Triomphe

Delicious Caramel Crepe



Champs Elysee











The Eiffel Tower

Dinner

I decided to have a lighter dinner because we got back to the hotel a lot later than I would have liked, and there was a Carrefour just up the road from my hotel which makes everything super easy! Sadly, we don't have a water boiler or a fridge here so I can't really keep anything for too long.

If you're wondering, those are some organic cheese, wheat and seed crackers/biscuits and some sun-dried tomato hummous which go really amazing together. I saved half of it for breakfast, also because I was really full.



I hope you like this little update, I know it's nothing much but I promise more photos will be on facebook! Just to add on, the wifi here is really slow and it literally took more than an hour to get these few photos to upload so I don't think I'll be posting that many photos in the next few posts! I hope you guys are doing well! Au Revoir~~


xx
Shayne

Comments