France Day 4/5/6: Soul Journey


Hello everyone!

The last few days have been really hectic with performances and travelling to the different cities in France so I didn't geta chance to blog (or take many photos)! I did snap a few with my iPhone because I kept my camera in my lugguage so I won't risk it getting stolen while I'm on stage and whatnot. 

I'm having mixed feelings about our france tour coming to an end. Nothing can describe how tired everyone is from the non-stop travelling and performing. Then again, it was a brilliant experience and I'm really lucky to get the opportunity to perform in various cities in France. I know I promised a product review but sadly I'll have to push that back to when I'm back in Singapore, which will be in a day or two! 

So we travelled to two more cites after our performances in Paris, first stop was Chalons du Champagne and Nantes, which we are staying in for the night! We'll be travelling back to Paris tomorrow morning and hopefully my iTouch is alive this time to last me for the ride! And of course, what's a blogpsot without pictures right? 




Paris Performances!

I know it's terrible that I only had two photos! We had two performances in Paris, one was in Palais du Tokyo which was a contemporary arts space. It was quite an interesting building but the performance was slightly impromtu and I guess we were a little flustered when we saw the performance space. I didn't perform for that particular one (as mentioned in the previous blogpost) and I was in charge of taking photos. It was an absolute nightmare because I wasn't prepared for the lighting that the place had and I'm stuck editing the photos till now! 

The second place was at Bouffes du Nord which was a pretty old looking Theatre which was cool but pretty damn scary at the same time. I felt a little uncomfortable at first because everything seemed so old but it turned out okay in the end! It was our first official performance of the Soul Journey tour and I'm glad it went alright and it pretty much went uphill from there.












We then had a little train ride!

The early morning train ride to Chalons du Champagne wasn't to bad, though we were all pretty tired. I didn't get to snap many photos at Chalons because I somehow became in charge of everyone's hair for this trip so I was scrambling around spraying and tying up buns for everyone. I was completely unprepared for the responsibility... Plus, the cramps didn't help at all. Well played red fairy, well played. 

The theatre at Chalons was a lot more modern and I'd say a whole lot more comfortable, probably because we were in the motion of performing and preparing. The thing that probably killed me this time was the overnight bus that we took after the performance at Chalons.




It was not the best sleep ever...







And we arrived 6 hours later! 

So I did get a bit of shut eye on the bus, though I woke to loads of aches due to awkward sleeping positions. Thankfully we got to check in to our hotel rooms immediately (it was around 6am when we arrived) so I did get a short nap before heading down for breakfast and began my 'hair duties' before we headed down to the theatre. 

The theatre which we performed in was a really cool place, sort of an industrial setting, because it used to be a biscuit factory. I probably liked this location the most, though I wished I had more time to see the actual city! I didn't get to see even a tiny bit of Chalons so that was a bummer. I only got to see a bit of Nantes as we walked to the theatre from our hotel, so I hope I get to come again next time! 



That's all for today's blogpost! I need to continue packing and get some sleep! Hopefully the train ride tomorrow won't be too boring! Or perhaps I'd be able to fall asleep all the way.. I'll be so busy when I get back to Singapore so I really do have many mixed feelings about my second last day in France! We barely get an entire day when we reach Paris since we're taking the night flight and we'd touch down in Singapore in the wee hours of the morning. 

I promise I'll work on the reviews for you guys as soon as I get back! Till then~



xx
Shayne



Comments