Tarte Magic Wands Brush Set

Hello everyone!!

I hope the start of July has been great for everyone! I know I had quite an interesting end of June/start to July, spending my birthday with loved ones, treating myself to one too many things and attending Pink Dot for the very first time (hint: vlog's coming out this Thursday!) 

Today, I thought I'd talk about something that I got for myself, and has been quite a trend the past few months. Yes you've guessed it, the unicorn brushes. 

Let's not forget the universal love for all things rose gold and rainbow!

These brushes are from Tarte, they're the Magic Wands Brush Set. They were released a few months back - I presume about late April or somewhere in May. I did contemplate on getting them for the fun of it, unfortunately, when I did decide to get them, they were sold out. 

The thing was that I was familiar with the Tarte brand (their translucent powder is my absolute favourite) so I didn't have to over think it like I did when you see flash sales for a set of 10 brushes. I've been wanting a set of my very own unicorn themed brushes but I'm a tad bit picky with my brushes too. 

I've been using my Zoeva set for years and they have not let me down! However, I did notice that the set I had was missing a few brushes that I would like to have in my collection, which the Tarte set had, so I decided to get them when they got restocked!

These are them!

I love that each brush is so beautifully coloured. I love the colours they chose and I love how soft these brushes are. Tarte is also cruelty-free, which I really like! I didn't think that the brushes would be so amazing and soft, so I'm really happy that I got them!

So, let's talk about each brush individually!

Powder Brush 

I've used this the most so far, I do prefer to use this brush when I want to bake as the Zoeva powder brush that I have doesn't allow me to pack that much powder on my face to bake. This brush also feels more gentle so it won't dust off too much powder once the bake is done.

Liquid Foundation Brush

I've yet to give this brush a go, since I'm still using my beauty blender to apply my foundation. I may end up just using this to apply my blushers? I'm not too sure yet! 

I would guess that I'd use this brush the least, just because I love using my beauty blender very much and when I used to use foundation brushes, they do give a 'streaky' sort of finish, so I've sort of turned away from the liquid foundation brushes. However, it's always worth the try!

Contour Brush

I think it's pretty obvious that I've used this a fair bit. Excuse the little bits of contour shades left on the ends of my brush. I was too excited to use it! I've been using this every day instead of using my beauty blender and this gives me more control. I found that my contour looks a lot better when I use this brush as compared to my beauty blender!

Blending Brush

Shading Brush

I've yet to use these last two brushes as well since my make-up palettes more or less have their own brushes. However, I'd think the shading brush would be great for applying my cream shadows from Pony Effect (I use my fingers at the moment) and the blending brush may give me a much softer blend as compared to the other brushes that I have. I've yet to find out.

One step closer to being a full Unicorn

I'd say I definitely adore this set of brushes. I'd say they are a little longer than the average make-up brush, so they may not fit into make-up bags as conveniently. Then again, that isn't much of a deal breaker for me. I don't think the design hinders the unsabilty, which is always a plus!

I love that they don't shed when I apply make-up, which has happened to my previous make-up brushes (before I started using Zoeva). I have yet to wash these so I'm not sure if the colours will fade when I do. In any case, I would be glad to update you guys! 

I hope you guys found this little review useful and that July is treating you well, 'till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne