Bellabeat Review

Hey everyone! 

I realised that in our modern society, fitness trackers are quite a thing. There are so many ways we can track our heart rate or footsteps and all that sort of things which can be useful when you want to keep fit. 

I've been thinking about getting a fitness tracker myself, and a few months back, my Bellabeat tracker arrived in my mail! I know it's been quite a while, a lot of you would have seen me wear it everywhere. I wear it to sleep as well! I decided not to blog about it just yet because I wanted to use it for a while just so that I can have a bit more to write about and have my own opinions about it. 

I haven't really met anyone in Singapore who has the Bellabeat, in fact, a lot of people keep asking me what it is when I wear it. I did come across it a few years back but I wasn't able to afford it back then, but now that I can, I decided that I should get it once and for all!

I've somehow managed to lose the photos that I've taken of the packaging and whatnot, but I guess it doesn't really matter at this point. The product itself looks absolutely lovely! I got myself the Bellabeat Leaf Urban in rose gold. I think everyone knows how much I love rose gold, and this item was too pretty to pass. They did have a few other rose gold options like the Leaf Nature and they did have a grey and rose gold limited edition leaf. 

Bellabeat products can be worn three ways:

As a bracelet,

A necklace

As a clip 

I almost always wear my leaf as a clip. It's the most secure and convenient since I wear this to dance as well. I found that wearing it as a clip also made it feel less invasive when I'm sleeping. I usually clip it to my pyjama shorts at night. It looks pretty, so I never really have an issue with wearing it when I go out as well. 

The necklace chain and bracelet straps do come with your leaf which is really great! It also comes with s tool to change the battery with as well as spare screws. I do not need to have the battery changed just yet, I think you may only need to do that once or twice a year (wasn't going to wait that long until I wrote this review), which is perfect! 

Bellabeat tracks your number of steps/activity, sleep, stress level, meditation (which I do not do) and your menstrual cycle. You can track your fertility cycle as well but I obviously don't care much for that. I found it useful since I could track my period without having to use a separate app. I think this tracker is specifically helpful to women, whereas the normal fitbit is a little more universal. 

In order for the tracker to work, you will need to download the app, which I did find a little annoying at first, because extra apps in my phone weren't ever really my thing, but it is a very straight forward app so I did get over it. Let's take a look at it!



I'm still not 100% sure about how this graph works...?


You can personalise your fitness goal (tracked mostly by steps).

As well as your sleep goal.

I found this to be one of the more important things as I tend to have bad sleep cycles and I'm trying to sleep more in order to be more productive throughout my days as well as to improve my moods and hopefully my metabolism as well. I started with 7 hours, and that isn't very easy to hit most of the time. I usually end up sleeping 5-6!

Here's one of my 'good' sleep days. 

I tend to wake up in the middle of the night as well, so the bellabeat does reflect that, as well as deep and light sleep cycles, which I find very interesting. I'm more aware of my sleep patterns now and that in turn helps me to figure out ways to fix it. 

So this is what the app looks like in its 'home' page.

As you can see, my sleep tends to be irregular, as well as my fitness activity. I definitley have a lot of work to do in terms of balancing my daily lifestyle! However, it's good that I can keep track of these things effortlessly.

I'd say that the only issue I have with this product would be that it only tracks the steps and not your heartbeat, which I think would be beneficial as well. I'm not sure if other fitness trackers do that, but it would be nice to monitor the heartbeat especially when I'm doing more intensive workouts or when I'm dancing as well.

Overall, I absolutely love my bellabeat leaf and I'd definitely recommend it. It did take a while to ship to Singapore, but it was definitely worth the wait and I'm glad I decided to buy it after years of looking at it on their website!

I hope you guys found this review useful and relatively informative. To find out more about the bellabeat and to see what other designs they have, hop on over to their website and check it out! As of now, I think these are only available online, so you will have to purchase them directly from the site like I did! I hope you guys are having a great week, and I'll see you in my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne