Bandung 2017 Day 1: Getting My Bearings

Hello Everyone!

I hope the month of July has been kinds to you, it has been quite eventful for me and I'm just glad to be spending the last week of July with my parents in Bandung, Indonesia! I've never really been to Indonesia for a holiday, I've only been there once when I was in Secondary school for some sports training camp.  

My parents came to Bandung about 2 years back and they loved it, so since I've finished uni and am awaiting my convocation (and a successful application for a job) I figured I should tag along with them and perhaps do more travelogues! 



We got to the airport at about lunch time!

And boarded at about half past 2!

Had the window seat, it was pretty nice!

Sad to say the food on board wasn't as amazing as the view.

I didn't realise there was going to be food served during our 1 hours flight, I hadn't finished what I had for lunch at the airport so I thought I could nibble on the food on board but it wasn't too great. I just nibbled the morsels of fish and chucked the pasta aside and had the fruit and OJ. 

Thankfully the flight was short, I've mentioned before, I'm not too good with small spaces and the plane that we were on was a lot smaller than a normal plane. The ride was not too bumpy or anything though, just that I never did well being cramped with a whole lot of people. 

And hello, Bandung!








Definitely different from the Singapore scene!

It did remind me of the Philippines, particularly that little airport I always go to when I visit my family! We did have a car pick us up at the airport, a person my parents were familiar with, so it was all good. I don't know about you guys but being somewhere that you aren't familiar with and where you don't speak the language, is pretty darn scary. 

The ride to the hotel was a little long, did take us longer than expected due to traffic but I realised that the drivers/riders here are a lot less angsty than they are back home. You barely hear angry honking, it's mostly just to remind the motorcycle/car near you that you're close by to avoid an accident and what not. 

Here we are!!! 





The hotel lobby is a lot smaller than you think!

So this hotel is a little smaller than we imagined, but it really is a lovely hotel! I love the decor and the colour scheme, I'm not sure how to describe it but it looked really clean but comfortable, which I really liked! 

Here's a room tour!




Heya!

Also, it's a pretty small room.

It does not have a huge amount of space, but I am the only one in this room so its perfect for me! My parents and I decided it would be best to have joined rooms, so they're next door and we have doors in between so we will all have more space to move around. Also, I tend to stay up late so it's usually better for me to have some form of separation or else I'd be keeping them up. 

By the time we got ourselves settled at the hotel, it was about 5pm so we decided to hang about in the room before heading out for dinner! I realised it does turn dark a little earlier here than in Singapore, it was pretty dark-ish by 6.30pm, but I'm guessing the rain may have had something to do with that too.

We drove all the way here!

I'd say the ride was pretty interesting, the roads were winding and narrow on the way up to this area. It was quite a lovely sight!

Dinner with a view~

Which meant sitting outside in 'almost' darkness.

But these gave us nice light!

Apparently, my parents and our driver (I'll refer to him as Mr. C) have been here before when my parents last came to Bandung! The weather was perfect, the breeze wasn't crazy and it was just a really lovely ambiance! 

Calamari~

Nachos (mum's fave)

King Prawns

Wagyu Beef

Lamb Chop

Just so you know, the 4 of us could not finish all of these, the servings for the mains (prawns, beef and lamb) were so massive! It came with a bowl or rice except for the wagyu which came with mash (which was so good), a selection of sauces as well as soup and side salads. 

I definitely enjoyed this meal! It was so filling and delicious and the place was just lovely, I'd recommend The Valley to people who would like to dine out somewhere quiet. However, it isn't the cheapest place to dine at either, so I'd save it for occasions! 

And that's all folks!

I realised this might have been quite a short blogpost, but there wasn't too much to blog about today considering that we didn't really explore around! We definitley will tomorrow and I'm very excited to share that with all of you! 

I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost and I'll see you in my next one tomorrow!


xx
Shayne 

Comments