Bandung Day 2: Amongst Nature

Hello Everyone!

It's day 2 in Bandung and I think I had quite the experience today! A few friends have been PM-ing me some suggestions on where to go etc etc, so thank you! I didn't think there would be so much to do here in Bandung and I'm actually really glad that I came here for a few days!

The day started at about 8am!

Hit the road at 930am after some breakfast at the hotel!

According to my dad, he preferred the breakfast he had when he stayed at the Sensa Hotel, I didn't really take photos of the breakfast area because it was pretty small, plus I was hoping to get more sleep (which I didn't get to!). 

I thought breakfast was pretty decent, usually all I need would be orange juice, coffee and some sort of pastry and maybe some eggs. Got what I needed and I'm very happy! 

First stop of the day was Ruma Mode!







I know, it looks like a little resort..

Just so you know, it's a factory outlet. They carry a variety of brands, I saw some Burberry, H&M, Rayban, bebe and a lot more. Of course, these are probably older stock and I'm guessing that some are rejects due to odd sizing. You need to try everything on just to be sure because the cutting for each piece there is slightly different! I didn't take photos of the clothing area, I was just too excited to pick things off the racks to try them on!

I don't think it goes all across, but I'd recommend trying everything that you pick up just to be sure it fits you well! We probably spent an hour or two in there, I didn't wander into the kids section but I suppose there will be plenty of things for your little ones as well!


Also wandered into the craft-y/home goods section!


Café area!



I also realised the floors are pretty here! 

Lunch time!

We took a drive down to a place called Kampung Daun, I think it was just a few minutes away, the roads to the place were all windy and narrow too but it was nice to see the houses and everything along the way.


Believe me, the weather was pretty good!







Everything was so pretty here!

I loved looking at the waterfall, until I noticed endless numbers of butterflies everywhere and they weren't tiny ones, they were pretty big and if you know me, you know I absolutely HATE butterflies. I know they're pretty but they do make my skin crawl. 



Gado gado

Calamari

Grilled oxtail..

With soup~

Grilled fish (can't remember what fish my parents ordered)

Kang Kong

This was probably my favourite meal so far. I loved it very very much and I was just so unbelievably full from it! My parents love the fish, in fact, they came here the last time to have it and they definitely needed to come back for it this time! The soup that came with the oxtail was my favourite, especially when you squeeze the lime and add in the fresh chili!

Next stop: Dusun Bambu

I didn't think much of this place, if I'm honest. Mr C did mention there would be flowers to see so mum and I were pretty psyched. However, when you first get there, you don't see any flowers at all!


You do see ducks and some other animals though!




Don't see any flowers..

Until you hop into one of these!



You'll end up here, at the drop off!

You can wander into the gift shop!

I saw a whole lot of massive dream catchers, and I've been looking for one to hand in my room just next to my bed. However, they weren't the cheapest and none of them made me feel like I HAD to have them, so the search continues. I am considering on making my own, but we'll see!

Look at the really cute train :')

NATUREEEEE




It's just so pristine!


















Just before I had a hornet greet me with its overbearing presence. 

If you're like me and you're afraid of bugs, this place might be a little stressful. Personally, the scenery was enough to distract me, but I found myself running away from butterflies countless times. As for bees and hornets, I didn't actually see any, apart from the hornet that circled me for a good minute.

Apparently, you can stay here too!

I think they pricing is like any other hotel, a normal tent would be about SGD170? I can't remember what a proper family villa cost but I think it's approximately SGD500? I'd say it's a very very lovely place to be for a night or two! You will be a little far from the city, though!


And that was it...

I think we spent an hour or so here as well. It definitely is a good place for a little picnic! I did notice that there was a sign saying we could feed rabbits but I did not see a single bun bun. 

We headed back to our hotel for a little mid afternoon snooze before heading out again. Truth be told we were all really full so we ended up not having the bbq dinner we had planned. Dad decided that we could walk around the mall area near Sensa hotel.





Well, it's like any other mall, really!

Ended up grabbing a few things from the supermarket, didn't exactly buy anything ground breaking so we went back feeling relatively underwhelmed. It was a nice place to walk around for sure, but I'm guessing it's a place you'd finish exploring in an hour or less.

Had some pudding for dinner while I typed away!

I know, blue pudding, bubblegum flavour. I didn't know what I was thinking either. Tasted exactly what you'd expect - artificial bubblegum flavouring. Its alright I suppose but I wouldn't buy it again! I do have a chocolate and an oreo milk left in my little fridge for fun so I'll probably have those sooner or later!

I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost and the photos that came along with it. I really did enjoy myself, especially at Dusun Bambu! I'll see you tomorrow for Day 3!


xx
Shayne

Comments