Peachy Nude Make-Up Haul

Hello Everyone!

So I've been treating myself to a few things here and there when I drop by Sephora (and Faux Fayc). I realised that there was a kinda nude/peachy-orange theme to this haul so thus the odd title. I did not pick these up in one entire trip for sure so when I saw the amount of lip products I had ended up with, I told myself I need to stop walking out of Sephora with any more lippies.

Also, I've discovered from this haul that I've completely converted myself to a massive Nails Inc fan. My very first nail product from Nails Inc was given to me 2 years back and it was one of their gel effect nail polishes which I absolutely LOVE. Since then I probably wanted every colour and I never bothered about the other bottles of China Glaze and OPI polishes that have been sitting in my nail polish cabinet. 

Enough about that, let's just go right into the haul!


Nailkale Nail Polish in Duchess Walk by Nails Inc

I've been using the gel effect polishes for a long time and I recently discovered the nailkale range. Honestly I haven't the slightest clue on what these are meant to do (fast drying/hardening etc), but I quite like these. I bought one earlier in the year that was a bit more of a minty blue called  Royal Cresent Gardens.

This one is a bright peachy colour, which I also quite like. However I don't think I'd use these on all my nails because I'm pretty tanned and bright colours do make me look a whole lot more tanned.


Nailkale Nail Polish in Montpelier Walk by Nails Inc

This one is probably my favourite colour to date. It's like a nude shade, bordering on the mauvy side? It makes my nails look really clean, though I won't say I have nude nails with this polish as it's a lot darker than my skin tone. I would need to get a lighter colour to have that nude nail look. Besides that, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this colour!


Customised Eyeshadow Quad Palette by MAC
Clockwise from Top Left: Sweet Lust, Paradisco, Rule, Sushi Flower.

So I'm still on the fence about how much this palette had cost me. Each eyeshadow costs $23 and you have to pay for the casings as well, so you can pretty much guess how much I spent on this. It was quite an amount and I felt my heart just drop when I was at the till.


Swatched in order of mention. 

But, I must say I've been looking for a palette like this for a long time and I haven't found anything that I liked, so I figured I'd just make my own. I especially love Paradisco, which is a shimmery peachy-orange shade. I may do a tutorial on how I use these colours everyday, you'll probably see me using these shadows in my future vlogs.

In a nutshell, Paradisco is all over my lids, Rule in the crease, Sushi Flower super near to the lashline at the outer corners and Sweet lust at the inner corners.


Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Orange County by NYX

I thought for a long time before I decided to get this shade. I had wanted to get Soft Spoken as well but it was constantly sold out which really annoyed me. Also, I was debating between this shade and Life's A Beach which is a very bright/neon coral shade. I decided to go for something orange since I do have a lot of coral shades from MAC and something so bright may not look too great on my skin. 

This product is very very pigmented and I don't really slap everything on my lips, I apply a bit on the bottom lip and just do that.. lip-smacking thing you do to spread the lipstick? I haven't experimented with this product too much so I haven't tried blending products with it just yet! I must say, the staying power of this product is pretty amazing.



Butter Lipstick in Fireball by NYX

I think this one is my favourite from the bunch. I LOVE IT. It's the perfect coral shade and it keeps my lips soft. I didn't know what to feel about the butter lipsticks because I was worried about the staying power. Honestly, the staying power for this product isn't too amazing, but I can overlook that since I don't really mind reapplying after I eat and all that. What I like about this product is that the colour is sheer and buildable, which is always good for me!


Butter Lipstick in Candy Buttons by NYX

I'm not sure if I regret getting this shade or not. It's on the lighter side of pink, almost making me look very pale, it could be because of my skintone but I think with the right eye make up I may be able to make it work? I have yet to use this shade because I'm still trying to figure out how I'd want to wear it. Then again, its a very pretty shade of pale pink!


Simply Nude Lip Cream in Sable by NYX

The nude lip trend is happening right now, and I know I look like a sick dog if I go completely nude, so I picked up this colour which was towards the brown side and it does look pretty nice, though I'm not entirely sure if I suit the brown/nude lip? It does have pink undertones so it looks like there's something on your lips for sure.


Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm by NYX

I picked this up the same day I got the Simply Nude Lipcream. This really makes my lips look like there's nothing on it and I'm not too sure if I actually like how it looks? Its a lot less sickly than the pink butter lipstick for sure but, I'd say it's as good as not having anything on my lip. Then again, I really like the formula!


Swatched in order of mention.

Aren't these pretty?! I know the Liquid Suede does look a tad bit terrifying but yeah, you can see the colour payoff is amazing. I hope I do find it in Softspoken soon. I've been putting this blogpost off for a week or two just because I was hoping to find it and include it in the blogpost. But alas, I'm unable to find it anywhere.

Anyway, that was all I got from my various trips to Sephora. I popped by Faux Fayc with B to check out more lippies because.. We are obviously having a lip product obsession phase at the moment. So, let me just show you guys what I bought!


Make Up Sponge

I didn't actually buy this. It came free because I spent quite an amount at the shop and became a member so they dropped this in for me which was really really nice of them! Since I have the Beauty Blender I thought I'd let my mum give this a go and hopefully transform her make up routine as well and introduce her to the beauty of the sponge. 



Travel Brush Set

So I've been looking for a mini brush set for me to bring out to touch up, especially if I was on shoot or if I went to the gym. I cannot afford to be so lazy with myself anymore! So I've been on a hunt ofr the perfect travel brush set and I finally found it. I've been having a hard time finding a set that had an angle brush. I use it to fill my brows so that's something important, unfortunately, I always had a hard time finding the angle brush in the various travel kits so I nearly gave up until I found this. 

Bless you, Faux Fayc. Bless you.


Fauxstix Matte Liquid in Lust

I believe I had the hardest time picking between Lust and Fuse. I may just go back there and get Fuse but I'm going to see how this formula is on my lips. B and I picked up the same colour so I guess we're lip twins now? LOL.

Swatched!

Honestly I'm not sure how I would describe this colour, it's slightly towards the purple side of pink, whereas Fuse was slightly peachy if I'm not wrong. Then again I've quite a few peachy/coral shades so I figured I should have gone for something a little different with the fauxstix. Wolf was also a beautiful shade of red but I rarely wear the red lip nowadays as well so I thought I'd give that a miss for now. I can't wait to wear this!


If you've read up to here, congratulations, you have officially read all the way to the end and I'm very very grateful! Also, I was debating on doing a blogpost or a video on this haul just to give a little change to my youtube channel but I guess I was too much of a chicken to start doing proper videos so, here I am doing another blogpost for you guys!

I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost, 'till my next blogpost!



xx
Shayne

Comments