Morning Skincare Routine

Hey everyone! 

Since it's the holidays, my skincare routine is a lot less rushed, which I really like, so I get to do my full skin routine in the day and at night, so I'm going to split those two routines into two blogposts for you guys!

The ever basic flatly~

So for my morning routine, it's basically what I do when I wake up after I shower/deo/brush my teeth etc etc before I do anything else or before get my make-up done for the day. Just a little background about my skin, I have combination skin, mostly oily around my T-zone and it can be dry around the apples of my cheeks and the tip of my chin.

So without further ado, let's get right into the routine!



 Skin Exfoliate: Pure Revival Peel by Skin Inc

I only use this product ONCE a week, usually on a Monday or a Sunday, depending on the schedule I have planned for that day. This is fairly easy to use, you just spread it all over your face and wait for a few minutes before gently rubbing it around. It pulls out all the dead skin cells and my skin will end up looking really radiant! 

Honestly, this product is pretty expensive, about $70+ a bottle. The good thing is that you only need about 2ish pumps per use so I'm still on my first bottle that I've been using since February this year, so that's a pretty decent amount of time for a 60ml bottle!



Cleanser: Pure Active Fruit Energy Daily Energising Gel Scrub by Garnier

That's a pretty long name, isn't it? I've been using this for a long time and I can't remember how many tubes I've gone through. I am missing my Angels on Bare Skin cleanser, which I haven't repurchased in a long time. Then again, I'm considering it and I may get one pot I'm done with this cleanser, just to alternate things and keep alternating these two products in future.

I love the smell of this in the morning, it's really fresh and it gives my skin a good wake up cleanse, especially with lukewarm water. Sometimes I do use cold water if I want a huge wake-me-up. I find this does exfoliate my skin but it can get scratchy is you massage your skin too hard! 



Body Lotion - Fresh Hydration Lotion by St. Ives

This is probably one of my new favourites. I've been looking for a daily moisturiser that doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky or oily throughout the day. I finally found it! Inexpensive, non-sticky and super easy to apply!

I love the smell of this and I love the feel of it on my skin. It smells pretty mellow, like a pink grapefruits and cream which really smells amazing. It isn't sticky, even if I do perspire throughout the day. It does take some getting use to because the spray can get a tad bit messy if you hold it too far away from your skin. I'm not entirely sure how long a bottle will last me, but I've been using it for about a month! 



Toner - Brightening Detox Dermo-Hydrating Toner Mist by Creme Simon

First of all, let me just rave about the beautiful packaging. I'm a sucker for anything rose gold. I think it's really evident that I'm very addicted to using spray products because they are spill proof and just so easy to use. 

I find that this spray just goes onto my skin very evenly because the spray radius (whatever you call it) is pretty wide so I won't need to spray the product multiple times onto my face. Usually 2 sprays are more than enough and my skin feels hydrated and fresh. I like that it's scent-less too!



Target Serums - Skin Action Sebum Gel by Cellnique Paramedical

If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you'd know that the team at Cellnique Paramedical has sent me their "No More Blackheads!" set. You can read my blogpost here. I fell in love with this serum. I've never really enjoyed using serums because they leave my skin feeling oily/sticky but this one leaves my skin feeling smooth and there's a slight menthol-y feeling left on my skin as well!

I usually use this on my T-zone, since those are my problem areas. Apart from soothing my skin, it helps to reduce the amount of sebum that my skin produces and my skin has improved SO MUCH since I've started using this product! I will probably do a before and after post for you guys soon too!



Sunblock - UV Perfect Aqua Essence Face Mist 

I ought to thank Watsons for sending me to their Watsons Day Out 2016 (watch vlog here) or else I would not be able to come across this product! I've been using those cream/water based sunblocks for my face and they always make my face feel caked and oily. Not this one thought!

I've been using this whenever I go out, it protects my skin without making it feel cakey and oily! It's SPF 50+ which is amazing, though I do have another liquid based one that's SPF 130+, but that one's meant for days where I intend to stay under the sun, be it a holiday or if I'm going for an outdoor event/shoot. No matter what, this is a perfect everyday sunblock! 



Well everyone, that is all for this post, I know I've not posted for a while, so I'm grateful for all of you guys that have been reading my blogposts for a long time and who have read all the way until here. You guys are great and are the reasons why I love blogging and keep posting! Have a great week ahead! 

Till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne









Comments