The Body Shop Mini Haul

Hello everyone!

If you've seen my twitter, you would have known that I spent a little too much money at The Body Shop last week. I was at the counter getting ready to pay and then I realised how much everything I had put in my basket had cost. Oh dear me I felt my wallet cry, until I found out that I was entitled to some awesome freebies (lol) which I will also highlight in this post! 


So here is everything!

I'm not entirely sure how the salesgirl managed to stuff all of my shopping into that tiny paper bag, not that I bought much but the items were rather bulky. But I liked carrying the bag around for a bit before heading home anyway.


These are the things I bought!

So I guess it's obvious that an item or two are bathroom essentials. I was supposed to merely pick those up but I ended up getting a few more things because they were having offers on right now so.. Why not? A bargain's a bargain.


I really think paper bags are under-rated. 

I like paper bags, even though they're the worst against wet weather and they'll break a lot easier than a plastic bag. But seriously, it's a lot prettier. 

So enough about the paper bag, on to the products!



1. Skin Sponge

First thing I'd like to say about this product is: I find it hard to believe its made from recycled milk cartons? Though it kinda smells plasticky and a tad bit milky when I took it out of the packaging. 

I like this a lot more than their exfoliating shower gloves because those were a little painful for me. Though I must say they still feel a little scratchier than I'm used to, but they do a better exfoliating job than a normal bath lily

I just love the feeling of my skin after I've had my evening shower and slap on my favourite Nivea whitening night cream right after. It feels extra clean and smooth! I also love using this with a body soap with a refreshing scent for morning showers. The one I use now is from Crabtree & Evelyn but its scent isn't as refreshing as The Body Shop's passion fruit shower gel which I was extremely fond of.

Bottom Line: Soft yet great for exfoliation.




2. Spa Fit Massager

I'm not entirely sure what I was going to achieve when I bought this but it's supposed to help tone up your body by improving the blood circulation. Then again, I quite like the feeling of using this and secretly think I'm massaging away the nasty cellulite. I don't exactly have a bottom liner for this one because I don't have much to say about it or know much about it's actual/intended benefits.




3. Almond Nail & Cuticle Oil Pen

I was wandering around Suntec the other evening with my bestie and he had wanted to check out The Body Shop outlet there. I happened to see this on one the shelves but I didn't really think too much of it at first. 


It's a simple tool, basically it just hydrates your nails and it's recommended for those with brittle nails. I have quite thick nails but they tend to be rather dry. This product doesn't have much of a smell to it (in my opinion) which is good since I don't think a strong smell of almond oil would be too fantastic.

The oil works into the nails pretty well, I apply this after every shower (unless I have nail polish on), so thats twice a day. You're supposed to use the rubber-y tool on the cap to press your cuticles down but.. I'm not sure if I see a point in that so I just use the tool to help massage the oil into my fingers instead. 

I don't want to give a bottom line for this just yet since I've only started using it. Plus, I'm going to give it a few weeks for results to show up.




4. Body Scrubs

I haven't used these in a while and I admit that I quite miss them so I picked them up since there was an offer! Plus I had the hardest time deciding on which scent/flavour to get so two would be ideal. These scrubs are meant to be used twice a week, so I decided that I'd use them both once a week so I'd get the best of both worlds hahahaha.


Pink Grapefruit

This is one of my 'regular' scents/flavours. It's always either this one of their passion fruit one but I didn't see it there that day so I picked this one up. They're both a gel based body scrub so it's not too moisturising but it suits normal skin like mine!


I just really love the colour of it!

I was totally obsessed with the pink grapefruit and passion fruit ranges, but as time went by I started leaning more towards the pink grapefruit range because it was so nice to smell in the morning! With that being said, I'd use this product on a saturday morning because that's when I usually need a good perk-me-up for a long day ahead. 

Bottom Line: Refreshing smell with good exfoliation.




Brazil Nut

This one's a scent/flavour that I've never tried before. It's a cream base so it's more suited for dry skin, though for normal skin it works pretty great too. If you think this product would smell weird, it doesn't. It's AMAZING. The smell of it surprised me when the sales girl was letting me take whiffs of everything on the shelf.


It's so thick and creamy!

Apparently there's a hint of caramel scent in this one and it's so yummy! It smells really sweet (which I LOVE) I've yet to use it in the shower, but I've used it on my hand for fun and it's as good as the pink grapefruit one. 

I will be using it tonight because Tuesdays are my pamper nights and I don't think there's a better time to use a sweet creamy body scrub. I love to smell and feel amazing when I go to bed and this scrub, I'm sure, would make me smell and feel extra amazing every Tuesday night. 

Bottom Line: Great moisturising and exfoliating powers. 



Well that's all I've bought, but because I spent quite a bit of money there, I received quite a few freebies as well! You get to chose between two sets of freebies and I think the other set came in a small little tote which I wasn't too fond of, so I picked this one instead.


Who doesn't love samples?

That's basically what I received. I love how everything is so mini sized because I can bring them around when I travel and not having to worry about my stuff being too bulky.


So the pouch is just a simple little one, I quite like the size of the pouch but I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for just yet but it looks really good for travelling and all. 




1. Aloe Soothing Day Cream

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this since I don't really have sensitive skin. I'll find out about its soothing and moisturising powers one day.




Perhaps I'll save it for the unfortunate day that I get sunburnt again and need some moisture on my face. My T-zone is frustratingly oily so I don't think this product would be good for me everyday. It doesn't have much of a scent, probably a sweet aloe sort of smell. I'm not too fond of it, but it isn't exactly bad either. 

The tub is a little thick so it's not ideal for me to carry that around, even if my lip polish is almost that thick but I won't want to carry two of that around either since it's quite bulky. I won't have a bottom line for this one because I can't exactly use it.




2. Strawberry Body Butter

I've used this one before in the normal sized tubs. I used to love their body butters but I realised they're a little to thick and sometimes they make me feel sort of sticky, especially in the day. 


Well you can see how thick it is.

My favourite body butter would still be the passion fruit one, though I've had this and the blueberry scents before. It doesn't sit well on my skin in Singapore because everywhere you go, you're going to perspire due to the humidity here. However, it did sit a little better when I was on holiday in Australia so perhaps it'll be great for me to use when I go to drier and colder countries.

Bottom Line: Highly moisturising but doesn't absorb into the skin that well. 




3. Olive Shower Gel

I wasn't ever  too fond of their olive range but since I had this in my freebies set, I guess I'll be giving it a go once I have to sleepover at someone else's house or the next time I travel somewhere. No bottom liner for this once since I haven't tried it before! 





4. White Musk Smoky Rose Eau De Toilette

These weren't exactly in the freebies gift set, but they threw them in. I keep one in my bag along with my Victoria Secret Noir Tease mini bottle just in case I want a switch. I'm not too fond of musky scents but I guess having one within my reach would be handy. I feel a tad bit more 'grown up' using this fragrance because of it's (obviously) musky scent. I don't really know how to describe this but it has a heavier smell than my other perfumes so I'm not all that used to it. 

Bottom Line: Heavy floral musky scent. Tiniest bit spicy.



And that's all I have for this blogpost! I can't wait to upload this week's video on you YouTube channel! I just filmed it yesterday but I've yet to edit everything so it'll probably go live towards the end of the week. Do look out for it, subscribe to me, share and like my videos because it makes me feel happy and you will have good karma (I promise). 

Speaking of YouTube, the BBC Teen Awards 2013 online voting is on now, Zoella and a few other awesome youtubers have been nominated for the best british vlogger. Needless to day I would vote for Zoe! So head down to the website here and cast your votes! 


xx
Shayne

Comments