Classic by Tai Wah | Sponsored

Hello everyone!

How's everyone's week coming along? Recently, I was invited to try out the beauty services at Classic by Tai Wah and I thought I'd share my experience with you! I've vlogged the treatment as well (vlog will be out this Thursday!) which didn't turn out as great as I expected because my camera decided to stop recording midway through my facial. BUT!!! Hopefully you guys will love the vlog~



A selfie from the waiting area.

Overall, it was a pretty awesome experience. I did not know that facial treatments included so many things and took so much time! Now I finally understand why they cost so much. 

So firstly, let me talk a tiny bit more about Tai Wah. Tai Wah has marketed various hair, beauty and body brands such as Wella, Ella Bache, Sothys, Nemectron, Takara and 4711. In the 19590s, they ventured into the China market and begun manufacturing machines and equipment for beauty salons.

Classic by Tai Wah carries some of the brands that they represent and serves as a one-stop place for hair and beauty. If you watch my vlog, you may realise that I mentioned getting a tad bit lost even though it was situated in the heart of Raffles Place. I did find it eventually and it was a lot nearer than I thought! 



The price list!

I was supposed to have my treatment customised for me and I had my treatment picked out for me and I was given the Aromatic Detox Facial for Anti-Acne/Combination skin. 'Aromatic', is right. Everything used in the treatment smelt so pretty and I was completely relaxed. I also had to fill up one of those consultation forms as well.



The angel wings hair brushes were calling my name. HAHA

Some of the hair products they carry.

I do want to give the macadamia products a try, they look pretty amazing, did I mention that they also smell amazing as well? The hair mask was definitely calling my name.

Oh! Before I forget, I should mention that I was given the option between a hair or beauty treatment for my visit and I opted for the beauty treatment because I've got my hair taken care of elsewhere. Plus, I always have my skin taken care of at home as you would be able to see from my Morning Skincare Routine.


The 'Beauty Rooms'

There were a total of 3 beauty rooms and one of them have the collapsable wall in between them to cater to couples who may come for a massage or skin treatment together. The place was pretty dimly lit which immediately puts you at ease. Also, I should mention that the tables/beds that you lie on during your treatments have those blankets that heat up. I don't know if other places have these sort of thing as well but I was so intrigued and excited, obviously because I've never experienced such comfort outside of my own home. 

I would also like to give a shoutout to the staff from Classic as well, they were all so wonderful and the lady doing my facial treatment for me was so wonderful. She explained everything to me while she was applying products onto my face, as well as making sure I was super comfortable. Unfortunately, she was really shy so I could not post some footage or photos because she was clear in shot. HAHA. She told me to take out everything that had her face in it so I ended up blurring out almost 1/3 of the frame in my vlog (spolier). Which is alright, not everyone likes the camera! 



Products from the treatment!

Or some of them, at least. The products used for my treatment were from a brand called Christian Breton as well as Centella. My treatment consisted of exfoliating the dead skin, killing the bacteria in my skin (no pain, just a tingly feeling on your skin!), the use of essential oils to relax me, as well as a mask to hydrate! In fact, I had quite a few masks done during the treatment, which isn't a bad thing, I love the cooling sensation of a good facial mask. The warm feeling of the facial towel after the mask is also something I love!

I also had my first-hand experience of the dreaded 'extractions' which meant the blackheads on your face would be extracted either manually or with a machine. I personally vote of the machine. It was like the tiniest vacuum sucking at your face. But ultimately, it was PAINLESS. It costs a tad bit more for sure but getting your blackheads squeezed out manually really REALLY hurts. That was my biggest concern before I went for this treatment and I'm glad I've 'survived' it. My skin feels so clean and fresh now! 

I must add that they do this oxygen jet thing after that, which I presume is like spraying cold water mist at your face to hydrate it and cool it down as well. I loved that SO MUCH. It was ticklish, for sure but it soothes the sting from the extractions. I had one of those rubber peel off masks as well and that was so much fun! Unfortunately, I was told they don't sell that mask over the counter, so if you guys out there have any recommendations for one of those peel off rubber mask, please let me know! 


Probably the comfiest tube dress I'll ever wear.

I also had a little leg wax done. I should mention that the only thing I've ever got waxed were my eyebrows and I just shave everything else. I'm so glad I decided to give the waxing a try because it was absolutely painless and I really really want to go back to get more waxing done. It was so quick and everything was just, awesome. My legs feel so smooth and unlike shaving, you don't get stubble growing out so quickly. 

My life has changed forever and I'm not even joking. 



 No filter, no make up. 

My skin looks pretty darn awesome if I do say so myself. I do apologise for all the really really yellow lighting. The lighting in the beauty rooms are mostly yellow so I immediately look like a kumquat. 

Or a cousin of lemongrab. 

Jokes aside, let me leave some of their contact information for you guys so you can ring them up and make an appointment! They have a hair and facial promotion going on right now until the 30th of June so hop on over to their facebook page to find out more!

Classic by Tai Wah
62 Cecil Street #01-00 TPI Building Singapore (049710)
Contact: 6737 5433
Opening Hours*:
Monday to Friday - 10am - 7pm
Saturday - 10am - 3pm 
*Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays



I hope you guys enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed my experience at Classic. I would want to go back again for sure. I was told that they are looking into foot reflexology as well as manicures and pedicures so I can't wait for that as well, I would like to head down to give those a try when they do launch! Have a great week everyone! Till my next blogpost! 


xx
Shayne



Comments