ShWang Adventures: River Safari

Hello everyone! 

The holidays have finally come round, so W and I found a free day to head on down to the river safari! I've never been there before so I've been dying to go! I also had my new camera come in the mail just before I was heading out the door so I brought that out as well just to try it out! 

This is going to be one of those picture flooded posts, so I hope you guys don't mind!

























The fish got me so happy!

I should just put it out there, it's terribly hard to not get the reflections in your photos! Also, I got extremely excited seeing the massive fishes because I always see them on fishing documentaries and stuff. Pretty cool stuff, in my opinion. 





















I squealed when I saw this little darling!

I know a lot of you think I don't eat seafood because I seem to really love aquatic life, but thats not true. I love land animals as well and I still eat meat. So, debunking that fact for you! But on the other hand, I don't eat sharks fin or stingray because I do love them too much, and I think the way sharks are killed for their fins are just stupid.


















 My man being good with the map.

So the place isn't super massive, as I had expected, and I think you'd notice by now that it was terribly empty when we went. Which is good and bad? Good because I get to run around more and I don't have to fight my way through the crowd or queue for anything. Bad because not a lot of people are seeing how nice and lovely this relatively small nature attraction is. 














Of course we went to see the pandas

Well, one of them wasn't in the enclosure, so we only saw the other one, which was probably Kai Kai. I'm not a panda fanatic, but they were cute I guess?





But hell yes to the panda paus!

I love paus, but I'm not the biggest fan of red bean. But I had to try it anyway! I ended up taking the chocolate pau because I love chocolate, and W just ate the red bean one because he said he didn't mind it. The paus are definitely not the cheapest thing, as everything else is, but I feel it's something you need to try if you haven't been there before.










After that we crossed the bridge! 

We didn't buy tickets for both boat rides, W told me I would like the Amazon River Quest one so I got tickets for that ride!




































He was right because I LOVED IT.

I know it's not the most 'grown up' looking ride, but I really enjoyed it. Like I said earlier, the park was generally empty, so we got the whole boat thing to ourselves. Why wouldn't anyone not want that!? The only sad thing was that most of the animals were sleeping or hiding away from the sun so we didn't get to see much (as you can tell from the photos I snapped).






So my camera died and I ended up using my iphone










I forgot what these were called but AREN'T THEY THE CUTEST!?


















W and I watched this dude flop around for 10 minutes



And suddenly everything was over.

I was pretty bummed out when I realised we had walked through the entire park. I did have a lot of fun, plus I don't think I will be able to go there again with so little people. Just to put it out there,  W and I went there in the early morning when the park just opened so I presume that's why it was so empty, but we left in the afternoon and more people were coming so that's good too!


And yes, W bought me a souvenir!









He said I needed to wear it everywhere. 

Well I always wanted a spirit hood. They did have a giraffe one but the red panda one looked cuter, so I got that one. It was pricey (duh) but hey, you can't get that anywhere else so, best that I got it right? I wear this at home now and I just feel warm and comfortable in it ^^ 



So with that, I end the blogpost. I know it's mostly photos and stuff, but I suppose my Shwang Adventure blogposts are usually less wordy! I hope you guys have a great week ahead and for those of you out there who are on the verge of ending school, YOU CAN DO IT!! 


xx
Shayne

Comments