Mrs Singapore World 2015/2016 Press Conference

Hello everyone!

So I was very blessed to be invited to the Mrs (no, this is NOT a typo), Singapore World 2015/2016 Press Conference on Saturday! I'm not sure if I've been ignorant all my life but I never really knew there was such a thing as a Mrs. Singapore Pageant so it was a really exciting experience! I realised that pageants have become a thing recently, a lot of people I know or have come to know either been in a pageant or are currently competing in a pageant.

I've been on the fence about pageants because I've seen them change people for the good and for worse. Then again, I'm a firm believer of doing what you love and don't let anyone stop you. So I'm very proud that these ladies stood before us to compete for the Mrs Singapore World title.






We had some previous contestants and chair people speak to us about the pageant and what the ladies will be going through in the next couple of weeks before the grand finals (which I myself and really excited for!). What struck me the most was that they would be doing stuff that gave back to the community, which I thought was brilliant. 

Another thing that I really liked was how this pageant was able to give confidence to married women and even mothers. Some contestants had up to 4 kids! I thought that was truly amazing, because I'm not one for having children. With that aside, I'm sure by now you've stared at the tiara's quite a fair bit. I know I definitely got very distracted that day because everything was so shiny. 






We then had a small speech from our sponsor. 

The HBI international group focuses on women's beauty and health, so I think it' great that they're sponsoring this pageant. Their products range through shape-wear lingerie and skincare which they had were proudly displayed in the office. I had a fair glimpse of the products but I sadly forgot to snap some photos which is regrettable. Then again, you can view them here

They did give me a goodie bag to but I've yet to try the products! I did give the guava leaf tea a good sip (if you saw my snapchats on Saturday), pretty bitter but I quite liked it. 



 Time to meet the contestants!


















All 18 of them!

They got to say a few words to everyone so it was really interesting to see ladies that came from different walks of life. They also have different jobs, some are teachers, secretaries or housewives, which I think was nice since it gave the competition some diversity. I do wish I could see the talent segment, those are really wonderful to watch!



Their beauty makes me cry at my own reflection.



Then, we got to mingle!

So I found out that one of the contestants was my PE teacher in primary school. I recognised her when she came up to speak so I could not resist going up to her for a tiny little catch up during the tea party/mingle session. I loved that she was still the same teacher I knew when I was a 12 year old. I felt so proud of her because she stepped out of her very own comfort zone. 

I believe that teachers ought to inspire their students and particularly for primary school teachers, to provide positive memories for their students. I definitely remembered her, she wasn't the form teacher of my class but she opened her arms to us nonetheless. I was just really happy to have met her again. How rare is that?! 

Well, I'm sure you know who I'm rooting for hehe.









 I could not resist. 

 I was really excited when I saw the mini spread on the island table facing the windows that overlooked a wonderful view. I may be wrong but I think majority of the items were from Delifrance. I'm not their biggest fan, in all honesty, but the canapes served were really good! I mean, just look at those glorious eclairs (they look prettier than they taste, though)!








More mingling was in order! 





Could I resist the photo wall? No. 

I was about to leave but I met the other two bloggers that were invited, so I was grateful that they decided to say hi, they knew each other before hand so it was even more awkward for me because I obviously came alone. It was great to make new friends, though towards the end of the event, but new friends are friends, nonetheless!



I should link both their blogs for you guys too!
victoriayap.blogspot.com
racheljiaang.blogspot.com

Also, if you are wondering, my eyelashes are from Lace Lashes, and I will do another post on my make up for that day, I promise! But if you're looking to try new lashes, do join my giveaway which is ending next week! Tag your friends and you guys can all enter for the fun of it! I wore these for the entire day and they were really comfortable!

I'm not the biggest fan of lashes but these definitely changed me. I really love these very much, so thank you Lace Lashes for sponsoring them! If you want to try these lashes out, all you have to do is head down to my website or click on the link here and follow the instructions!

I'll be ending this blogpost here, so I'll see you guys in my next blogpost! I hope everyone's having a good week!



xx
Shayne

Comments