Banana Chia Bread Recipe

Hello Everyone!

The semester has finally come to an end and I felt like baking something simple so I decided to make some Banana Chia Bread. Unfortunately, this isn't one of my vegan recipes because this recipe includes eggs, but it's dairy free. I'm not entirely sure if we can say this is gluten free because I'm not entirely sure if Bananas sit well in the gluten-free catergory. But as always, there will be the ingredients list so you can always judge for yourselves ^^



 
 Does that not look yummy?!


 

INGREDIENTS:
2 Cups Oatmeal Flour
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
3-4 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
3-4 Tablespoons Oats
1/2 cup Butter
2 1/3 Cups Banana - mashed
3 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 small Banana for garnishing/topping




 

DIRECTIONS:
1. Mix all your dried ingredients together.
If you don't have oatmeal flour like me, you can always blitz up regular oats in a food processor. I don't usually toast them before I do this, but you can go ahead and do so! I mixed in oats and chia seeds after the other dry ingredients are well incorporated.
 


 
2. Mix the wet ingredients, not including the eggs, together in a separate bowl. 

I realised this recipe is fine with less butter, so perhaps you can get away with 2/3 cupz butter instead of half a cup. 



 
 3. Mix in the eggs one by one.


 
 4. Pour in the mixture into a well greased baking tin. 


 5. Slice up the banana and lay it over the top of your batter.


 
 6. Let it bake!

I've said this before, but for the new readers, my oven does not have temperature indicators, but it has presets for various dishes, so unfortunately, I'm unable to provide the temperature for preparing your oven. So I never tell you guys what to preset your oven to etc, so I'm really sorry about that.

I baked this for about half an hour and it was soft and moist inside! You can leave it in longer than I did if you want the bread to be slightly more browned at the side! Just make sure that a skewer comes out clean when you poke it through the centre!
 
I realised this is pretty good with some peanut butter or nutella spread over it, so for those of you who love the peanut butter-banana or nutelle-banana combinations, this could be something for you to try! It's a really simple and hassle-free recipe. My parents love it and I hope your family and friends would too! You can even add in walnuts if you like too! 

Before I forget, for those of you who do not know, do check out my giveaway, ending on the 24th of November! With that said, I hope you enjoyed this blogpost, do tag me on instagram or facebook or even twitter if you give this a go! It'd make me so very happy! Happy midweek everyone! 


xx
Shayne

Comments