D'Oriental World Dance Fiesta by Glamourouz Studio

Hello Everyone!

I've been very privileged to be invited to the D'Oriental World Dance Fiesta 2017 (presented by Glamorouz Studio) about a week or two ago. I've never really been exposed to belly dancing apart from watching some of the contestants at the Mrs Singapore Beauty Pageants perform it during their talent round. 


All that colour!!!

I love their pretty costumes, they're always flowy and sparkly, I also think belly dancing is a dance that doesn't have a very fixed ideal body type (even pregnant women - with physicians advice - can do it too) unlike ballet, where the ideals aren't always the easiest to achieve. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on ballet, you guys know how much I love it. I am on the 'heavier side' so I know that I am nowhere near an ideal ballet dancer's physique.




They had three masters from other countries invited down!

D'Oriental World Dance Fiesta brings together various belly dancers from the world, the gala performance that I watched had dancers from Japan, Italy, Russia and Taiwan! I wished I knew more about belly dancing so I would be able to tell you guys more about it, but I could see each of the masters that were invited down had very different styles. 







A little more about Belly Dancing:

It's a Middle Eastern Folk dance that involves movements around the torso. This was a dance performed by both men and women for the Sultan and it dates back to the 18th Century! Presently, there are belly dancing competitions worldwide. There are 7 core movements in belly dancing and they are: lifts and drops, shimmies, twists, slides, circles, figure 8 and undulation (which I personally understand as a body wave. I might be very wrong).










About Glamorouz Studio:

Opened in 2013 by Maggie Izara Low, she started her journey 10 years ago and along with fellow dancers, they formed the Glamorouz Troupe and took part in variety shows like 'Silver Carnival' by Mediacorp's Channel 8 (winning 2nd Runner up). They have also participated and performed for other government and charity events in the previous years as well, including Chingay this year.






How amazing are the costumes?!

I will be posting more on this week's vlog, where you can see snippets of the performances instead of just pictures. I'm not sure if I can use the actual music because it will get a copyright infringement for sure, but perhaps I will keep in the music for a bit before overlapping some other music. With that said, do look forward to the vlog! 

I definitely had a good time watching the gala performances, I loved the personal touches the dancers had to each item, I remembered that there was an item that used a soundtrack from a recent movie (you gotta look forward to the vlog to find out what song it was) and it was very refreshing! It was all very fun and exciting! With that, I'll be ending this week's blogpost here, I hope you guys enjoyed this, and I'll see you in next week's blogpost and this week's vlog! 


xx
Shayne

Comments