#GetReadyWithMe: Birthday Dinner

Hello everyone!

Firstly, Selamat Hari Raya to all my muslim readers!! ^^ I hope you guys have great fun with your family! 

So! It's my birthday week, I don't really celebrate my birthday as crazily as I did when I was a lot younger. I suppose you don't get as excited once your 21st is over? I'm 24 now, shit's getting real here.

I just like having a nice dinner with my family and sometimes I'll get a few friends to come around but I'm not really doing that this year since I'm at that age where some of my friends decided to go overseas after we've left uni or they have full-time jobs - hence late nights aren't the most convenient thing, so I'll probably be going out a lot for lunches (since my evenings are packed with dance) during the week and perhaps bits of belated birthdays here and there. 

Overall, I don't think birthdays are exactly the most exciting thing when you get older. It's just my excuse to shop a lot since my birthday falls in the Great Singapore Sale season. Anyway, this year's birthday dinner with my family was at Mandarin Orchard's Triple Three Restaurant, which is just where their hotel buffet is. We've never eaten there before so all of us were in for a (food discovery) treat!


This was the look of the night!

I didn't feel the need to have something so crazy, I just wanted to look more presentable for dinner. I haven't been wearing makeup for a while so it did feel nice to sort of doll up for the evening.

I actually forgot how long it takes for me to get ready.. it's crazy!

Let's start with the bare face!

I'd say the brow tint I had put in a few days back has almost faded away but my eyelash extensions are still good as new! I did get the pink ones done at the end so no, you aren't crazy for seeing bits of pink at the outer corners of my eyes. 

If you want to know where I get my extensions done, I get them done at De Ardor (formerly known as Beauty Wish), and for tips on how to take care of your extensions, click on over to this blogpost


Starting with primers and foundations!


Products Used:
1. De-Slick Complexion Primer by Urban Decay
2. Naked Skin One and Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector in Medium Light by Urban Decay
3. All Nighter Waterproof Longwear Liquid Foundation in Shade 4.5 by Urban Decay
4. Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Minor Sin by Urban Decay

I'm aware that there are two foundations in this, and reason being: the All Nighter foundation is too dark for me. It does turn orange so I didn't like how it looked by itself so I started mixing it with the One and Done foundation which makes it look so much better. It doesn't look orange and it doens't look cakey or flakey anymore!

I usually mix the One and Done with the All Nighter in a 2:1 ratio so I do get good coverage without feeling like my skin is suffocating. It looks dewy-er for sure, so if you want something very matte, this may not be a good idea.



Eye Shadow!

Products Used:
1. Unlimited Cream Shadow in #Future Proof by Pony Effect
2. Naked Palette 3 by Urban Decay (colours used: Trick, Factory and Dust)

I've been so obsessed with the Unlimited Cream Shadows from Pony Effect, they're so easy to use and the colours are buildable, so it's easy to create different intensities. I do enjoy a good cream shadow for everyday looks so this has changed my make up game for simple days for sure.


Brows, liners and bottom lashes

Products Used:
1. Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Colour in Medium by Stila
2. Magic Marc'er Precision Pen Eyeliner in Blacquer by Marc Jacobs
3. Stay Put Eye Stick in #Beam Me Up by Pony Effect
4. Roller Lash Mascara by Benefit

Contour

and Highlight!

Products Used:
1. Highlight Lowlight Face Contour Duo in Medium by Sephora 
2. Shape and Shade Custom Contour Duo in Medium by Stila
3. Highbeam by Benefit

I'm not sure if I mentioned this but the Sephora contour duo breaks off the packaging to often and I found that it isn't as creamy as it was when I first got it, so I did end up using some of the Stila contour duo to blend out the initial contour lines that I did. 

Lips!

Product Used:
Dior Addict Lipstick in 451 Tribale by Dior

I don't think I've ever talked about this lipstick. I did get it on a whim earlier this year and my goodness, I absolutely love it. It glides on so nicely and has such beautiful packaging. I'd say this is my favourite lipstick packaging ever! The colour is on the sheer side so it does look more natural and it has a good amount of gloss which I really really love. It is pricey, so it's definitely a treat.

Setting Powder!

Product Used:
Natural Finish Loose Powder in #001 by 3CE
 


There's always gonna be time for selfies.

 I hope you guys enjoy this blogpost! I know I haven't exactly posted a 'Get Ready With Me' for quite some time, so since I was going out for the evening for a nice little occasion, I thought I'd do one! So, till my next blogpost!!


xx
Shayne