Bangkok Haul

Hey everyone!

I haven't really done a clothing haul on the blog for a while, but I thought I'd do that this week! In case you guys didn't know, the usual lense that I use for my vlogging camera has decided to go bust on me. It made me realise that I've had enough of it constantly failing on me, (this is the third time) so I'm going to get a new camera. 

In the mean time, everything is going to be taken with my iPhone (just like my Bangkok vlog). I know the iPhone can take pristine photos and videos but evidently that does not seem to work for me which sucks. If you haven't watched the vlog, hop on over here!

Let's get on with the haul, shall we?

I decided I'd go by location this time, just because it's less confusing! I didn't go to THAT many places to shop too since Joyce and I spent 3 days there. So first up, Rod Fai market!

'Meow' T-shirt

I know I buy so many random shirts nowadays but I've been drawn to casual clothes just because I don't go out as much now (only for events) and when I'm at work or dance I'm allowed to dress very very casually, so T-shirts are always the most comfortable. Also, they always look with any pair of shorts!


Wolf crop top

Do forgive the overwhelming lighting, It was pretty hard to show the open back detailing! Joyce and I bought this together, I think her print was a punk rock band of some sort. I did enjoy wearing this on holiday but honestly, I don't now when I'd be able to wear it again? I do love the material very much though.

Plain Crop Tops

I think it's obvious that I've a thing for crop tops. I grabbed every colour that caught my eye. I realised that some places carried soft and amazing material while others carried this sort of scratch-y, thick cotton type of material that felt almost like felt or very rough paper. When I found these, they were in the middle of those two extremes which was great so I grabbed them straight away.

The next two things were picked up from the Esplanade shopping centre atrium. They were having quite a few little shops happening so we did have a nice look-around. 

Pastel Headband

I bought this just because it was so cute and I did need something like this while I'm doing my make-up to keep all the little baby hairs away from my face. It's also great when I'm washing my face or taking make-up off! I must admit, it does slide off quite easily.


Choker

I was looking for a choker like this for quite a while. I got this at the same shop and it was so cheap (20baht each) so I didn't think much about it. The strange thing was that these had not diamantes on and I only realised a lot later. I wasn't too bothered to be honest, but I did find that quite funny.

The next place that we went to was the Pratunam Market! This was where I bought most of my stuff!


Punk Alice Jersey Top

I haven't the slightest idea why, but this was on my mind for quite a while. I did see similar ones at Rod Fai but they weren't as good in terms of quality and they were a little more expensive. I must admit the ones at Rod Fai had a more pastel print instead of the dark blue on this one (which I sort of preferred), but this was pretty cool too so I didn't mind since it was cheaper and it felt better on the skin! I also loved the flowers at the bottom on the shirt. I was actually super happy with this purchase.



Madonna two-piece mesh dress

I wasn't sure how this dress was going to sit on my skin but I did wear it on my last day in Bangkok and it was pretty alright. No rashes of any sort which is usually my problem because my skin en joys acting up. My only issue with this is that you need to be careful about the bra you chose to wear with it! 

Skirted Swimsuit

I know this looks like something a 5 year old would wear (believe me, I'm relatively young at heart) but I wanted something that was fun and did not really have that typical bikini underwear going on which I don't exactly like. I don't think this is the best quality as far as swimsuits go but it was decent, the problem was that I had a long body and this was pretty small so the skirt bit didn't exactly cover my thunder thighs like I had hoped. However, it was still pretty cute!



Tie up shorts

I didn't think I'd actually get something like these, but I did. I love the fit of them, which is rare. Joyce and I did get another pair of shorts at the same shop, it had fishnet stockings just peeping out the hem but somehow that didn't seem to fit as well so we're both selling them off. These on the other hand, fit me well so I love these. I did debate on swapping the shoelaces out for thicker ribbons in black or rose gold but I'll sit on that thought for a while.

Crop Top

I mean, who doesn't love a soft basic crop top right?


Unicorn Crop Top

The puking unicorn is everything, let's just leave it at that. 



Navy blue top

This was in the same shop as the unicorn top, I love the material on this, it's slightly ribbed (if I got that right) and it's soft as well!


Black Ribbed Crop top

This was the third thing I picked up from that same shop. I do regret this buy as it is really small and it has no give at all at my chest area. The material is nice but it's barely stretchy, so I might pass it down to one of my little cousins and hopefully they can fit into it.

Crushed Velvet Top

I know I do have a thing for crushed velvet now. The Singapore weather does not forgive me for it but I do love a comfortable velvet piece that does not make me look like an over-stuffed cushion.

The very last place was Platinum Mall, which is probably one of my favourite places to go to. I know that Pratunam market has amazing deals but like I mentioned in previous blogs and possibly everywhere on every social media that I own - I hate crowds, and Platinum Mall has a more fogiving crowd than Pratunam market so I'd very much rather shop there if I had the chance. 



Suede Pinafore

I literally bought just one thing at platinum mall this time, solely because the dress that I had my eyes on for the entire day was just so crazy expensive and I wasn't able to find a cheaper alternative or find a replacement. I may consider just getting it the next time I go to Bangkok but we'll see if it is still on my mind then.

This dress is absolutely adorable and has such great quality. I could imagine wearing this with a crop top or a long sleeved top underneath, paired with some sneakers or boots. I just cannot wait to wear this, I'd say it's one of my favourite buys from the trip and Joyce did strike quite a bargain with this so I'm just so excited! 

Unfortunately, we've come to the end of the haul. I may consider doing a lookbook with some of these items, I'm not entirely sure just yet so that will be in the works for now. I'm also in the midst of getting myself a new camera like I said earlier, so I will not post a vlog this week. 

If you have read all the way to the end, let me just say thank you! Also, if you've been reading my posts, I thought I should say thank you as well because it does mean a lot when people say that they watch my videos or read my blog. I don't really care that it's even just within my own social circle or a small number of people. I'm just grateful that there is someone reading the stuff I put out there, so thank you to all of you. I'll see you in my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne