Miss Singapore Beauty Pageant 2016: Talent Show/Swimwear Showcase

Hey everyone! 

I attended the Miss Singapore Talent show and Swimwear Showcase at OneKM mall last week. It felt like just yesterday when I was at the Mrs Singapore Talent Show! It was pretty fun, and this show was no different!

If you haven't seen my previous post about the press conference, you should hop on over there because I've shone a little light on our contestants' bios! 



I got the event timing wrong!

I arrived a tad bit too early for the event so I ended up standing around. My mum came with me as well and she gave up standing around so she decided to pick a nice piece of floor to sit on haha.



Rehersals!

Apparently, the stage was way too small for the entire cheer team so they had to move the barricades and the judge's table back to allow them some space for the showcase.

Walter, are you judging Sumini?


More photos?!


The judges take a group photo~

and... more photos???

Sat behind the judging table!

 I realised I haven't exactly mingled with the reigning Ms Singapore Queens, so I felt BEYOND awkward when all of them were seated at the table. I guess it was because they were probably around my age. It was a whole different vibe from the Mrs Singapore Queens.

I'm not sure how I feel about that haha.

Anyway, enough of that! Let's get on with the talent show!


 Contestant No. 1 Tania Tan

So we kickstarted the day off with her singing item! 

  Contestant No. 2 May Ngiam

I'd say this would be one of the more unique performances. I had no idea what Drum Majoring was until her performance. I thought it was pretty darn cool. Plus her outfit was pretty cute, I'd say she's my fave face too?  


 Contestant No. 3 Alexa Lee

Moment of truth: everyone fit at the front of the stage! Yay!! I think they did attract the most attention during their practices. Everyone was so distracted seeing the flyers.. literally fly...


 Contestant No. 4 Rita Dhar

I realised a lot of these pageant talent shows always have a truckload of dance and singing items. I should say this first: I appreciated that she took to the stage alone.


  Contestant No. 5 Bianche Lew

Right, so we didn't meet her at the press conference, but it's alright, we can talk a little about her. She's won two beauty pageants prior to Ms Singapore 2016 and has been featured in various media articles. She aims to spread positivity by hopefully being able to publish her own book in future. Also, I should mention, she sang in FRENCH. 

Hou la la!



 Contestant No. 6 Vanessa Ng

I know I said I preferred being able to just have the contestant on stage, but what's latin without your partner right? I'd say they did pretty well! Plus that costume.. *heart eyed emoji*


 Contestant No. 7 Felicia Phang

I was pretty confused about where she had decided to stand, until I picked up my camera and realised her outfit stoof out against the silver. Well played.


 Contestant No. 8 Auby Nurual Jannah

I was really looking forward to her performance, partially because I could see her dancing a bit back stage from where I was sitting, but her partner stole the limelight, which was a waste. I mean, she's clear and he's blur in the photo (well, almost all my photos), so I guess that says something about how fast he was constantly moving? Haha. Either that or I am just bad with a camera.


 Contestant No. 9 Lovelle Cengiya

Let me get this out of the way, she's got the best body. Well, in my opinion hse does. I just love how she looks, I did wished she danced all the way though. 


  Contestant No. 11 Jolyn Ng

I got pretty excited when I spotted her in the leotard and wrap skirt. I was like 'OH OH BALLET!' and I was pretty happy watching her perform, made me wanna get a white leotard too.


  Contestant No. 10 Lynn Qu

In case you're wondering why 10 came after 11, there was some form of technical difficulty so Jolyn had to go first. Also, I think it was brave of her to admit she got the instructions wrong about what she was meant to wear, I did feel like I was brought back to the press conference though.


 Contestant No. 12 Vanessa Peh

I LOVED HER DRESS. I got drawn in straight away. I also could not shake the fact that she looked like one of my seniors in uni, unfortunately that senior was not named Vanessa. Either way, Vanessa looked really gorgeous, another one of my fave faces!



 Contestant No. 13 Divya

 I was excited about her performance, I loved the contrast of the fans and her costume. I also liked how she played with levels in her dance.



 Contestant No. 14 Jeslyn Sng

I cannot handle it, she was my absolute favourite. No point hiding it since my mum had screamed her number when Walter was asking the audience who they thought were in the top 4. I'm so glad she did a dance item this time, she did a singing item during the press conference which was nice but THIS.. made my day for sure. My goodness her control is INSANE. I loved her performance, it was beautiful and you could see she has great technique and my biasedness is getting magnified so I'm going to move on now..

Mum really wanted a photo haha

Jeslyn, if you're reading this, I think you made my mum's day with your performance and this photo. So, thank you, sitting on the floor for 4 hours was worth it.



  Contestant No. 15 Priscilla Martin

Although she performed the same thing she did for the press conference but I'd say her costumes definitely took it up a notch. I did appreciate that she did two types of dances in the same item. I really liked that!


 Contestant No. 16 Chloe Choong

I honestly did not expect her to play the ukelele for the show. She did mention it was one of her hobbies during the press conference so I did not expect her to actually perform with it. It's not a bad thing, I was just pleasantly surprised. But good on her for doing so cuz I'd say it was pretty unique!


 Contestant No. 17 Jolene Ong

The amount of swag in her outfit. I could not pull that off for sure. I wished I could haha. 


  Contestant No. 18 Gladys Goh

 I remembered her the most because she won the fitness challenge during the press conference. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but I was really surprised when I realised how high her voice was. It was a good-feel kinda performance, I did smile ^^


 Contestant No. 19 Shanaya

She's the one in red guys! I was a little confused that she had just one friend on stage with her, but apparently she was supposed to have a few more. Which was a waste, but thankfully she still shone on stage, which is what probably would matter the most.


  Contestant No. 20 Belle Ng

We haven't met this lady at the press conference either, so let's get to know her a little bit too, shall we? When she was younger, she was nicknamed 'hamburger' because she was a little on the bigger side (I feel you girl, I'm still struggling with my thunder thighs). The former bully victim has bravely separated herself from the bullies with the help of a friend and because of that, she believes in body confidence. She also wishes to help children develop a positive mindset. I like that!


Alright, so after the talent show, we took a tiny break and the contestants got changed for the swimwear showcase! If you're a guy reading this, no you may not drool.




















Swimwear were all from Triumph!


Announcing the Top 4!





Our top 4!



Snapping photos with our judges!





"We are Ms Singapore 2016! WHOOOOO"





Little intereviews! To mark the end of the day!

That's pretty much it for this blogpost, I hope you guys enjoyed it! Thank you once again ERM Singapore! I know some of you would be looking forward to the vlog because you like seeing the girls in action! The vlog will not be coming out so soon like I mentioned in my last blogpost. I will be posting it a while after the grand finals.

Heads up: It will be a pretty long vlog!

I'm really looking forward to the Grand Finals at the end of the month! I was pretty bummed that I didn't get to go for the preview show at Luxi because of school commitments (that got cancelled last minute, THANKS LASALLE :/). I'll be giving live updates during the Grand Finals on my snapchat and instagram story so do follow me if you haven't yet (both are @chinaphilidoll)!

I can't decide what to wear for the finals just yet, I will probably do another Get Ready With Me post so do look out for that as well! ^^ I hope you guys are just as excited as I am! Till my next blogpost!



xx
Shayne

Comments