Sephora Haul

Hello everyone!

So I was in town today and dropped by Sephora at Ngee Ann City. I've been wanting to get my hands on a few make-up stuff so since I was wandering around town, I figured I spend some time at Sephora and grab them! 


So this is the entire loot. 

I ended up spending a lot more than I expected, I was only meant to pick up the brush and the setting spray but I ended up getting a few more products that caught my eye or that I really wanted to try. Anyway, let's take a look~



1. Urban Decay De-Slick Make-Up Setting Spray

So I was pretty surprised about the new packaging. I finished my old one (or a few sprays away from finishing it) so I really wanted to get a new bottle. I like this packaging a lot better honestly. 



In comparison to the previous packaging~

I use this after I've completed my make-up, using 2-3 sprays. I do find that my make up lasts a lot longer with this spray so it's really perfect for long days when I may be too busy to touch up on my make-up. It isn't heavy at all and it doesn't have much of a smell too so it's really great as a finishing spray. 

The setting sprays also come in 2 other types, All Nighter (long lasting) and Chill Cooling (cooling & hydrating). I haven't tried the other two since I have tend to have oily skin after a long day and the De-Slick is doing really well for me. But perhaps I would give the All Nighter spray a shot one day, though I think I would still prefer the De-Slick.

Bottom Line: Good for all day use and helps to keep skin matte.




2. Benefit Erase Paste in No.2 (Medium)

So I learnt about this product from Gregory Gorgeous. He mentioned this product in his May Favourites video so I was really curious about it. I'm still looking for a really good concealer so I thought I'd give this a shot! 




And that's a close up of the product itself!

I'm currently using M.A.C's Select Moisturecover in NC30 and it's doing an alright job but it's more of a medium coverage concealer which is good for everyday use, but I figured I needed a better concealer for performance make-up or when I go for events or filming.

On a lighthearted note, a small little spatula was included in the box, I really don't know if I'll use it (but I suppose I will eventually). Took me a while to decide between the fairer shade or the medium shade but I settled with the medium shade since I'm pretty much on the tanner side. I can't wait to try this product out!




3. Sephora Professional No. 14 Brush

I have been tempted to try out the brushes from Sephora for a while, but I've been enjoying my M.A.C Cine-matics brushes very much and they're still in good condition so I never really got around to getting any new brush sets. But I figured that I could buy a few individual brushes here and there so I decided to get the No. 14 brush which is a smudge brush!



Close up~

So it has the short bristles, and it's really soft! I guess this would be good for creating a smokey eye with eyeshadow. I've never really heard of anyone hyping about brushes from Sephora but I'm willing to give it a try anyway!




4. Stila Waterproof Smudge Crayons

So I think this brings my impulsive buying habits into the light. These are the last of today's haul so I can say I've saved the best for last! I didn't intend to buy these in the first place. I just happened to walk past the Stila counter and decided that the samples looked so pretty and I had to try them out. 

These smudge crayons are a 3-in-1 product, consisting of a primer, eyeshadow and liner. I had swatched these at the shop as well and had the few lines of the swatched on the back of my hand for the rest of the day. They smudged well at first, but after a while they don't smudge anymore. So of course, I don't need much more proof to know these last pretty well. They came off pretty well with make-up remover so I'm really looking forward to using these a lot.



Swatches are photographed without flash

From the bottom: Dazzle > Smoke > Antique

I've been looking for a good crayon eyeshadow, the Topshop Crayon that I use tends to apply on very smoothly, but comes off relatively easily as well. So I've resorted to using that in the inner corners of my eyes or in my water-line to make me look a little more awake since its in a light metallic gold shade (It didn't seem to have a name).

Let's take a look at the shades individually, shall we?



a. Dazzle

Initially, I had intended to get the Black crayon, but when I swatched it at the shop, this shade turned out a lot prettier, it's a really dark grey with a bit of shimmer while the black one was pretty much a matte black. I figured this shade would be really great for a drastic smokey eye as this colour builds very well.




b. Smoke

This shade is a metallic taupe, which is something I don't own so I wanted to give this a go. I've been wanting to try a shade like this but I wasn't really fascinated by any products I came across, but this one definitely caught my eye. 

I'm not sure how this colour would fair on its own on my skin so I would probably try using this from the inner corners to the middle of my lid then maybe blend in a darker colour of some sort. 




c. Antique

This one's a metallic baby pink, the lighter version is called Kitten which I thought to be a little too bright for me, though it would look nice on my waterline as well. But I wanted something that I could use more so I decided to get this shade instead. 

As you can see from the swatch above, the colour is really close to my skin colour, just more pinkish, so I don't know how that would make my eyes look it I swear it alone so I will probably mix this with a darker shade of pink so create a gradient shadow. 


Bottom Line: Easy to apply and remove, relatively long-lasting.



So that's all for the Sephora haul!

Anyway, I know I didn't upload a video this week and I'm really sorry about that. I was really busy plus my camera wasn't with me, but don't worry! I will be filming this week's tutorial tomorrow. It'll be a new episode of Nail Adventures so I hope you guys are looking forward to it as much as I am!

Also, do look out for another blogpost next week about my August Favourites! I'm excited about sharing my favourite products for the month of August with you. Not to mention, my very first favourites blogpost! Till then, bye~


xx
Shayne

Comments