Anna Sui Haul

Hello everyone! 

So I'm doing a post completely unrelated to nail/nailpolish/manicures/whatsoever today. I'd bought a bunch of things from Anna Sui during her Autumn Collection Product launch earlier last month and they have finally arrived!! I have yet to head out to buy her brand new ring rouge but I will soon. I was too excited for it, and now I've gone on a tangent. 

Let's get down to business. I'm going to go at random~


1. Refreshing Loose Powder in 700

So I've been using MAC's loose powder in NC5, and that powder's pretty sheer and matte so it's really wonderful for everyday use since I don't really need a powder that has massive coverage. I came across this powder at the Anna Sui stand at Taka and I liked the shimmer it had, so I figured it would be good for days which I need that extra glow, or I can use it as a highlight for regular days.

Let's look at the contents~





Not too sure if you can see that shimmer.

I was surprised by the cover that came with the powder puff. I tend to use a powder brush and keep the puffs somewhere in my make up box so I guess the cover is going to be perfect for people like me who neglect their powder puffs. As all all of Anna Sui products do, this smells heavily of rose. I'm not complaining, I like pretty smelling make up. This one has a subtle scent so that's a good thing since it'll be all over my face.. Can't wait to use it!



2. [Left to right] Live Your Dream and Anna Sui Eau De Toilettes

I haven't really been collecting new perfumes lately, so I seized the opportunity to grab the 30ml bottles of both these scents. I'm not a fan of massive bottles which are never really over a 100ml.


Prettiest bottles ever.

I didn't realise these two scents had similar bottles so I was pretty shocked when I opened them. I liked another fragrance from Anna Sui called Secret Wish, it's more of a sweet fruity scent and I really liked that. The ones I bought on the other hand were more floral scented, and a little musky. Personally, Live Your Dream is a little lighter and better for day use and I prefer that scent more.



3. Lip Gloss R in 351

I've never owned an Anna Sui lip gloss so I'm excited to try this! I'm not a massive lip gloss fan because they're not very long lasting, but since I had the opportunity to get my hands on them, I just had to grab one. 


Swatched!

So the colour I picked up was a shimmery fuchsia pink. It's a little on the sticky side but the colour's really pigmented. I'm not too familiar with lip glosses so I don't know how long this will last, but perhaps I will use it when I go out!



4. Lip Rouge V in 461 

I had another one in 460 which is a brighter red. I like her lipsticks because the colour builds up very nicely so you can really achieve a few different looks with them. 



Swatched next to the lip gloss!

So you can definitely see how the colour is pretty build-able as compared to the lipgloss (which was applied in one swipe) I like this really deep red, though I was being so adventurous when I decided to buy it. I don't know when I will need such a dark red lip colour. 

Personally, I don't think these are like the MAC lipsticks that I use because those are not as build-able and this one is not as pigmented. I'm a massive fan of the MAC Cremesheen range as they suit my lips the best and this formula is a little smoother and thinner, so it'll give my lips a good moisture too. My older lipstick in 460 lasted pretty well and didn't dry off or make my lips look all flakey, so this should be just as great. 

Note: Both swatches were taken with a camera flash.




Limited Eyeshadow Palette 2013 in 01

So I rarely use eyeshadow, except for my Urban Decay Naked Palette and Vice Palette. So when I saw this I thought I should give it a go since it's limited edition and it was pretty small sized (needless to say, the packaging won me over too).



5. Close up of those glittery colours

I don't know about the consistency and the pigmentation of these colours yet.  I especially like the light pink shade in the middle of the top row! But since they're all pretty glittery, I would definitely apply them sparingly unless they can't be seen at all. I think this would be perfect to carry around in my bag, since it's really small and it has the little brushes inside as well.

Plus, can I just say how much I love the colour of the packaging?!




6. Eyebrow Colour Compact in 02

I've only recently started to discover how much your eyebrows can change your entire look. With that, I've decided to venture into the various ways of filling in your brows and this purchase was just one of my leaps of faith.




Once again, beautiful packaging. 

So I don't really know how this is going to work with my brows, I'm sort of worried about the yellow pigments but I guess they aren't going to be that obvious. Fingers crossed that I will not go out looking like a yellow browed weirdo if I used this wrongly!



So that's it for my Anna Sui haul! I'm sorry that it's not much of a review, I haven't used them yet (they literally just arrived last night) so if they're really tremendous and awesome I will put them in my August favourites! On another side note, I will be filming this week's tutorial soon and it will be up on Friday! So do look out for it on my youtube channel!

And for some more news, I will be heading down to The Sam Willows Glasshouse (Lillywhite Edition) Preview Party on Friday so I'm pretty excited about that and I will definitely blog about that! For those of you who are interested in buying tickets for Friday or Saturday's premiere you can buy your tickets here. Show some love for Singapore's local talent!



xx
Shayne

Comments