Bangkok Day 2: Beatin' The Crowd

Hello everyone~

I've finally managed to upload all of the few photos that I've taken on Day 2! If you follow me on instagram and you've seen my stories, you'll know what I'm talking about! But, I'm finally back in Singapore, so I'm happy that I'm able to have great wifi and that this blogpost can now go up! 


Had breakkie in the hotel! 

Dad got a little raspberry financier for me at a shop in the next building. We didn't have the buffet breakfast at the hotel, which is a good thing because I'm honestly quite a sucker for big breafasts/brunches so I would have been super fat if we had buffet breakfasts!

Out we go!

Our main goal was to spend as much time as possible at Chatuchak Market, which is the weekend market. I'm not entirely sure why I love it so much - it's cramp, crowded, really hot and in some parts, really stinks due to the drains, but it really is the whole reason why I wanted to go to Bangkok in the first place. I LOVE this market, they've everything from clothes, to food, souvenirs, crafts, furniture and I heard that they have pets...?!




Just look at these!! 




I'd say we were lucky that it didn't rain. 

Honestly, I think it's better being at Chatuchak when it's hot because the shelter isn't exactly fantastic, so the moment it rains, the allies are just gonna be humid and stuffy.



I was considering getting one of these pants for the fun of it. 

Most of it was red and I didn't really see a colour combination that I liked so, I gave it a pass. Though, these are honestly everywhere in Chatuchak and probably in the malls and other markets as well!



One of mum's faves - flower shops.

And it was lunch time!

We pretty much just walked and ate this time. In my opinion, there's no point sitting down for a meal at the market because everything is pretty much 'portable' (unless you're going for a plate of noodles or a bowl of soup). I'd say you're better off walking and nomming at the same time so you can maximise your shopping time!!
Had some roast pork!

And Mango! 

I definitely didn't finish all of these, that's absolutely impossible. The mango was so good but I was surprised I could only go through half of that little bowl. I picked up some fresh fruit as well at the cart, I love having fruits in Thailand because they're always so fresh! Didn't take a pic but I went for some watermelon!


Went to a little street that had brollies hung above!


Couldn't resist!


Of course, some mochi ice cream to beat the heat!

Got the Milk Tea (or rather, daddy got that) and I got the Milk flavour, which was so yummy! I did want to try the other flavours but it's hard because the balls of mochi ice cream aren't particularly small!

And then it was time to leave :')

Happened to spot this at the traffic light on the way back!

We had a bit of a nap at the hotel after unloading all our shopping! I'm not sure if I mentioned this in Day 1's post but we decided to bring a little lugguage or two with us on our shopping trips so that we didn't need to actually carry anything. It's really convenient but I realised it's super easy to overshop when you have them at hand! 

Dinner was just outside Platinum Mall!

Tom Yam Soup

Phad Thai

BBQ Skewers!

These were probably the best thing ever!

The lady had this mala sauce that she spreads over the food which is just delicious. I actually walked back just to buy another round of mushrooms. I couldn't care less about the meat skewers because all I wanted were these mushrooms!

Tried some Charcoal ice cream!

This melts very very quickly and I had quite a hard time eating it too. It's a lot bigger than in looks (or I could have just been too full from the endless skewers HAHA. I never had this ice cream, so it was definitely fun to try, but I wouldn't say I'd crave for it. It does photograph quite well so it's proabably pretty great for the gram! 

I will be uploading Day 3 & 4 soon as well, there's a lot of unpacking to do and quite a bit of space in my wardrobe to be made! I'm not so sure that all my new shopping will fit in so fingers crossed! I hope I don't need to get a new wardrobe, because that would be painfully inconvenient! 

I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost,  I hope the week has been treating you well too! 'Till my next blogpost! 


xx
Shayne

Comments