Bangkok Day 3: 'Til Next Time

Hello Everyone!

Since Day 2 got delayed and nothing much happened on Day 4, I decided to lump the last two days of my Bangkok trip into one blogpost! Honestly, at this point, nothing too interesting has happened, I've literally just did more wallet damage. However, I think the photos of alleyways and food may be interesting still. 

But first, let me take a selfie! 



We took a morning stroll to a nearby shop where mum and dad frequent!


Got me some duck noodles for breakkie!

Those lumpy reddish brown stuff is actually duck blood. I don't appreciate it, but it's one of my dad's faves. He had that almost everyday in Bangkok because we don't have it in Singapore (I think it's not allowed due to health/sanitary concerns?)

But yes, breakkie!


With little furry friends!

And off to Pratunam Market!

Seemed pretty empty when we got there, actually.

I'm not sure if we went a little too early (I think it was 11ish in the morning) or if all the shop owners had gone to sell stuff at Chatuchak instead. I didn't mind the lack of crowd for sure but quite a few shops weren't open.


As time went by, the crowd built up a little!


Had a drink, which I sorta regret buying (basically just lemon soda and syrup)

Didn't get too much shopping done, so we headed back to Platinum Mall.

I know that you can pretty much get similar things in Platinum and Pratunam, but I think my shopping at Pratunam was definitely hindered because of most of the shops being closed. Plus let's be honest, I'm a sucker for air conditioning, so I'd rather shop at Platinum anytime. 

Did quite a bit of shopping at Platinum so we definitely had to head back to the hotel to unload the loot that we got, plus, we needed some time to rest our feet before going to dinner - which ended up being at the hotel because it was raining too heavily and we didn't really feel it was worth it to brave the rain.

Spring Rolls

Soft Shell Crab

Tom Kha Gai

Pork and Basil with Rice

Prawn Cakes!

Well of course, you know I HAD to have the Tom Kha Gai and the Pork & Basil dishes, I ate so much of it and it was pretty good. Honestly, it was pricey, but you can't really expect to compare the hotel food with the street food. I did wish I get to have the Chicken & Basil with Rice from the Pratunam night market. That was pretty darn amazing!

And it's Day 4! 

The water retention from the previous day's dinner is real :') Do any of you suffer from water retention like I do? Haha. It's a constant problem that I face and it's so frustrating! 

With that aside, Day 4 went by pretty fast, we definitely took our own sweet time to get ready, slowly pack all of our things up and pretty much sat around the hotel room to chill before lunch!

Lunch was at a chinese restaurant in the hotel!

Chee Cheong Fun

Har Gao

Tofu (this was SO amazing)

Chicken Feet

Xiao Long Bao

Porridge

It's so weird to have Chinese food when you're all the way in Thailand, but of my goodness the food was so good. If I had to recommend dishes, I'd say the chee cheong fun and tofu were definitely my top picks! I ate so much of it! 

And it was time to say goodbye~


We did end up reaching the airport pretty early.

Honestly, reaching the thai airport early is always a good precaution because customs just take super long and the queues are honestly just so insane. Also, I did get a not-so-little treat from daddy at the duty-free shops! Perfect way to end the trip, I was literally over the moon because not only was it duty free, but they were having a 15% storewide discount, so it was totally worth the buy! 

And, we've come to the end.

I hope you guys enjoyed my little snippets of my weekend in Bangkok! I'll be working on a vlog and a haul video for you guys so do keep a lookout on my Youtube channel for that! 'Til my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne

Comments