Bangkok Day 1: Stuffing Our Faces













Hello Everyone!
If you've been following me on social media, you'd probably realise that I've left my full-time job and have gone right back into freelancing. So yes, I'm going for auditions again and I'm working in the art department on shoots as well. Not going to talk too much about why I left MADDspace, but to make it short, I missed having full control of my schedule. I do miss everyone there for sure, but being a freelancer also means I can randomly pop by~

With that being said, my parents and I are currently in Bangkok, if you can't tell from the title. I flew so much in 2017 so it felt kinda odd to not fly much in 2018, plus I did go to Bangkok with my MADDspace colleagues in May, so it's nice to be back here for a few days! I do enjoy Bangkok very much, the food and shopping here are just amazing. 


I know this isn't Thai food, but it literally was my first time trying Taimei. 

Got a little peckish at the airport while waiting for our flight, so Dad decided to have some snacks. We got the BBQ chicken, with a side of tofu fries and the 1998 Milk Tea (Wintermelon, Milk and Butterfly Pea Flower Tea). I quite like the drink, for both aesthetics and taste of course. Chicken was on the sweet side, did wish I did get to have something spicy but you can't always have what you want when you're sharing! I'd say the tofu fries was my fave, I do love tofu very much at the batter was so tasty!



And more food on the plane.
Oddly, I was really hungry within the next two hours which was quite strange. Of course, you can't expect too much from airplane food. It was pretty alright, but I'd say I wouldn't finish the noodles up if I wasn't actually hungry.

It was a short flight, of course, so it wasn't too bad for me!


Took a good few time-lapses on the plane and in the limo!

And we've arrived!!

Dad decided to get a sort of 'suite' this time, so there's a sort of living room area which then leads to the main bedroom. I decided to sleep in the living room area so I can sort of have my own space since I stay up later and I do like to play music while I sleep and I like watching videos before I sleep too (bad bad habit, I know). 

We did reach the hotel a little later than we would have liked. I think it took us over an hour to get to our hotel due to the traffic once we hit town. Then again, we pretty much expected it.

The view from my window!

Time for dinner! 

We headed to the little 'fair' outside of Central World. I really don't know if it's a permanent thing because it just looked like a pop-up gig, but it's been there almost all the time I've been back! 


Food, and a few trinkets! I know there's a flea market on the other side but we didn't bother much!

The food was a priority!

One of my faves - Pad Thai! 


I always need to eat Pad Thai when I go to Bangkok! I'm looking forward to having some Basil Chicken with Rice and some Pad See Ew and of course, Tom Yum!! But of course, no point having all the goodness in one day!



I can't ever resist the fruits!!

I love how a packet of little honey pineapples are only 50Baht!! I'm just glad fruits are everywhere and you can just get a pack of fresh fruits almost anywhere.







Off to Platinum!

I didn't eat ice cream this time, but just look at how cute these are!!!!

After hours of shopping, it was time for more food!

Not my ice cream, but doens't that look so good!?


I went for the pizza!

I never had this pizza until my trip in May! We got a few pizzas to share and it was honestly pretty darn good. Of course, I didn't eat the prawns - y'all know how seafood isn't my fave, but the tom yum flavour was definitely pretty darn good. I do want to have the Margherita one but that's not really at the top of my list.

With that, I'm ending day 1's blogpost here. Do keep a lookout for my instastories to see what I'm up to tomorrow!! I hope you guys liked today's blogpost and I'll see you in my next one!


xx
Shayne

Comments