Korea Day 4 & 5: Leaving, but not Really

Hey everyone! 

I decided to just merge the last few days of my Korea trip together because I didn't take that many photos or vlog that much. This blogpost is going up a lot later than I had wanted, because I thought I'd vlog a bit during my flight home as well, and I had checked in my harddrive, so I was unable to do the post at the lounge earlier today, so here I am, back in Singapore, recalling the past two wonderful days in Seoul. 

Day 4
The parents and I thought it'd be nice to head over to Dongdaemun. I'm not sure if it's because it was a weekend, but Dongdaemun wasn't exactly as fun as I remembered it. I remembered loads of shopping in squeezy aisles but for some reason, there wasn't much to see when we went, it was the same sort of things over and over again. To be fair, I wasn't feeling very well that day too so I wasn't exactly adventurous enough. Additionally, it rained very heavily, so we were more worried about getting home on time. 



Lunch at Doota Mall



Had beef ddeokbokki and fried rice with cheese!

It tasted so good! I realised that the servings in Korea are just so generous! I find it hard to finish my food but I just keep eating because it's all so delicious! I didn't take that many photos in Dongdaemun because the department stores didn't really allow photography, and the fashion complexes were just so squeezy that I just didn't want to hog up the tiny walkway while I snapped photos of vlogged.



Treats from Myeongdong Station!


SO PRETTY!!

I honestly think that the new hangout of this trip was Myeongdong, I went there with my parents almost every day because it was so near to our hotel and it had almost everything we needed (apart from quenching my thirst for clothes shopping)


Had jjimdakk for dinner!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but my dad doesn't fancy cheese and cannot eat beef, so honestly it was a little tough for him to find food that he enjoyed, especially during lunch because they had put so much cheese on the rice (the ahjumma forgot that I ordered it with no cheese) so he had to eat something else. Thank goodness, B was meeting us for dinner and she brought us to eat jjimdakk, which is basically a chicken dish with glass noodles and potatoes which is SO GOOD. 

We had this rice thing as well, like a crispy bottom-of-the-pot type thing which I really really love. I love the crispy bits of rice that's at the bottom of the pot just because~ So this was a real treat for us all. Plus I had soju again (literally everynight HAHA) so that was probably one of my favourite meals of the trip. 

Of course, everyone needs endless ice cream!


Day 5
This day brought me to Edae, which is one of the best shopping places, I know I said I absolutely adore Hongdae but Edae just has better shopping. I missed out on any form of activity that morning because I just wanted to sort out a few things here and there, also because I was meeting B and she had things to do at home too!

My parents did go to Namsan tower in the afternoon for lunch and seemingly had a good time, plus they had a buffet at 25000w which is pretty darn worth it! I should have got off my butt and followed them but the timing was just a little tight. But they ended up coming home before we headed over to Edae together!










Just look at all that shopping!!!



And it was finally lunch time for me and B!

So she brought me to this place that had boiled chicken, which was so delicious, and then towards the end, you add in these chewy noodles that just make the soup thick and rich. They had this vinegar dipping sauce as well, it was really really good! We were so full from lunch (endless soup top-ups are like the BEST thing) so we thought we'd shop for an hour or so before hopping over to Hongdae. 

HONGDAE!!!!!!!!



Literally went crazy in here.

Pony Effect make up isn't available in Singapore, so I really really needed to get my hands on some of her make up before I left Seoul. I just needed to. I've been watching her channel and I love what she does. I did spend quite a bit on her make up but no regrets at all. 

Plus, all that rose gold packaging just made me want to buy every single thing! I can't wait to show you guys what I got in the haul video!!


Had quite the arm workout..





We were full but... ICE CREAM!!

This was B's recommendation again and this time, it was this delicious tiramisu ice cream! It wasn't the cheapest thing, but it was absolutely delicious. I don't particularly love tiramisu to death, but I would appreciate a good one, and boy, did I appreciate this ice cream!





What's Hongdae without the buskers?

There was this dude who had an amazing voice, but I suppose he has gone into something better from just busking on the streets of Hongdae. There were mostly people dancing and singing, and there were some people who had such a mad crowd around them that I couldn't even snap a photo or vlog it because my camera just wouldn't allow me to see past the crowds!

Also, NUTELLA BANANA CREPE?!

I literally cannot get over the street food in Seoul. I just love that I can grab anything and not feel crazy full, and just get something else. I'd say its definitley more expensive than going to a restaurant because you spend like anything between 2000w to 15000w on a little thing, so if you eat a lot, your wallet's gonna be pretty light by the end of the night. 

Then again, I'm glad I more or less got to try almost everything. I didn't get to have the dragons beard candy or the honey butter corn, which was a waste, but my fave (besides the crepe) was this baked cheese and ddeok on a skewer, as well as these fishcake covered snacks. I'm not sure what you call them but they are so delicious!

Day 6
Technically, it wasn't much of a day spent in Seoul, because our flight was at 10am and we had to be at the airport really early, so we left the hotel by 6am. 

Farewell, Frasers!

And I obviously slept through the trip. 

It was a pretty tiring flight, honestly, because we had to leave at such odd hours and we had to have the transfer at Bangkok, but the good thing is that we flew in business class as we did when we were heading to Seoul, so at least we could wait in the lounge and have endless food. 

I've honestly had too much fun on this trip, though I think everything would be better if my Korean hadn't gone all rusty from the lack of using it. I definitley regret not brushing up on it before the trip! I hope you guys have enjoyed the blogposts and hopefully it has given you some idea of what's fun to do in Seoul if you haven't been there before and plan to visit it! I would definitley want to head back there soon! Till my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne